Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite franchise burger?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • In&Out Double Cheese Burger

14 17.72%
  • Steak and Shake Steak Burger

3 3.80%
  • Big Mac

1 1.27%
  • Wendy's Classic Single

5 6.33%
  • Whopper/Double Whopper

2 2.53%
  • White Castle Mini Burger

2 2.53%
  • JackNThe Box Grilled Sourdough Burger

3 3.80%
  • Rally Burger

2 2.53%
  • 5 Guys Cheese Burger

28 35.44%
  • Hardees Thick Burger

3 3.80%
  • Quarter Pounder W Cheese/Double Quarter Pounder

0 0%
  • Sonic double bacon cheese burger

1 1.27%
  • What-A Burger

4 5.06%
  • Red Robin Build-A Burger

9 11.39%
  • Fudruckers Bacon Double Stack Cheese Burger

2 2.53%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Burger

Re: Best Burger

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Five guy fries are great. Y'all crazy.
    The give way to many fries to the point you feel stuffed.

Yea I don't hafta eat them all but I do.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Likes:

Chip R (06-25-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I must be in the minority, but I've never once had a homemade a burger that tasted better than, say, a Gordo's burger or a Quatman's burger.

The pros have it down -- whereas I've been to grillouts (or cooked myself) and can never quite get the right ratio of burger patty to bun, or the right level of juice when you bite in.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

5. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (06-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    The pros have it down -- whereas I've been to grillouts (or cooked myself) and can never quite get the right ratio of burger patty to bun, or the right level of juice when you bite in.
    I'm with you here. Too many times I've had to eat a charred meatball sitting in the middle of huge bun.

You should get everything -- meat, bun, condiments, lettuce, tomato, onion, etc..-- in every bite. That's the idea.

Also Fast Food does fries right -- little shoe strings that have the right ratio of crispy surface to potato starch. The big planky things you get at glorified hamburger restaurants suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I must be in the minority, but I've never once had a homemade a burger that tasted better than, say, a Gordo's burger or a Quatman's burger.

The best burger recipe I've tried involves equal parts ground chuck and ground sirloin, with just enough salt to bring out the flavor of the meat without tasting salty. Very simple, yet tasty. Let the meat taste like meat and use your toppings and condiments for variety. As far as grilling goes, it just takes some practice to know doneness. I think there's a tendency for people to overcook out of fear of a little pinkness, ending up with something charred and dry.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

8. Likes:

wolfboy (06-17-2013)

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I prefer my homemade burgers for a few reasons. First, I'm probably the only person I know who eats them plain without a bun or anything on them. I eat it with a fork on a plate. I like to make them nice and thick, put some salt and pepper, and grill them medium well, just the tiniest amount of pink in the middle to keep it nice and juicy. It can even be all the way done, as long as it's still juicy. It's hard to find a restaurant that will cook it the way I want it.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I prefer my homemade burgers for a few reasons. First, I'm probably the only person I know who eats them plain without a bun or anything on them. I eat it with a fork on a plate. I like to make them nice and thick, put some salt and pepper, and grill them medium well, just the tiniest amount of pink in the middle to keep it nice and juicy. It can even be all the way done, as long as it's still juicy. It's hard to find a restaurant that will cook it the way I want it.
    That's not a burger.

Seems like I casted the very first vote for "Rally Burger." I am assuming this is the "Big Buford" at Rally's restaurants, yes?? Sinfully good and greasy, I reckon.

There's an upscale place in Knoxville that injects bacon grease into the middle of a premium burger. Unbelievable taste. Artery clogging goodness.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Mmmmmmm bacon

The Red Onion Cafe. This place is tiny (6 or 7 booths and a bar) but man do they serve the best burger. Plus there menu is quite extensive (and good too.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redonio...th/3665134591/

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    The Red Onion Cafe. This place is tiny (6 or 7 booths and a bar) but man do they serve the best burger. Plus there menu is quite extensive (and good too.)

Ok, where is that and how do I get there?

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post

The Red Onion Cafe is very good (or at least was when I was there several years ago) My mother in law lives in Monroe, and she used to love the place, but doesn't think its as good since their old chef left some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Ok, where is that and how do I get there?
    75 to route 63 (monroe exit and depending on your morals/shopping preferences also the exit for the outlet malls, flea markets and hustler)

West on route 63, go past the mcdonald's, and up the hill. Left on Cin-Day road (at a traffic light) the red Onion will be on your left, almost across from the polic station I think. Its easy to miss, if you get to the park you've gone too far, actually when you turn west on Cin-Day, you'll go up the hill, as soon as you crest the hill and go past the traffic light it will be on your left. If you go down hill more than 500 feet, you've gone too far.

18. Likes:

jimbo (06-21-2013)

The Kobe beef burgers at Fuddruckers are pretty good (and expensive).

Here's a place that may seem odd but I have just recently found to have a very good burger; Whole Foods. I have gotten two recently from them in Falls Church, Va. They have a burger grill in their deli/bakery section. You just fill out a card of the type of burger you want and hand to the person at the grill. Very good and tasty. I assume the beef is organic and of high quality. Its an average price for a gourmet type burger. About $9 for the cheeseburger with fries. Both times I have got the cheeseburger it's been a double.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?