Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite franchise burger?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • In&Out Double Cheese Burger

14 17.72%
  • Steak and Shake Steak Burger

3 3.80%
  • Big Mac

1 1.27%
  • Wendy's Classic Single

5 6.33%
  • Whopper/Double Whopper

2 2.53%
  • White Castle Mini Burger

2 2.53%
  • JackNThe Box Grilled Sourdough Burger

3 3.80%
  • Rally Burger

2 2.53%
  • 5 Guys Cheese Burger

28 35.44%
  • Hardees Thick Burger

3 3.80%
  • Quarter Pounder W Cheese/Double Quarter Pounder

0 0%
  • Sonic double bacon cheese burger

1 1.27%
  • What-A Burger

4 5.06%
  • Red Robin Build-A Burger

9 11.39%
  • Fudruckers Bacon Double Stack Cheese Burger

2 2.53%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Burger

Re: Best Burger

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Here's a place that may seem odd but I have just recently found to have a very good burger; Whole Foods. I have gotten two recently from them in Falls Church, Va. They have a burger grill in their deli/bakery section. You just fill out a card of the type of burger you want and hand to the person at the grill. Very good and tasty. I assume the beef is organic and of high quality. Its an average price for a gourmet type burger. About $9 for the cheeseburger with fries. Both times I have got the cheeseburger it's been a double.
    Our Whole Foods sells premade patties that are delicious. My favorite are the bacon and bleu, cowboy, and teriyaki. I often look in the case at the meat counter to see what they have that day. They also sell excellent grass fed beef from a farm in Lexington that makes the best homemade burgers you will ever have.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Our Whole Foods sells premade patties that are delicious. I often look in the case at the meat counter to see what they have that day. They also sell excellent grass fed beef from a farm in Lexington that makes the best homemade burgers you will ever have.
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I do know what they fixed there were as good as any I have ever had anywhere else.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

A new tavern in KC called Red Door Grill makes wood-fired burgers with a special blend of ground chuck, short ribs, and brisket from a local specialty butcher. It's a pretty fantastic combination.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I cheated and went ahead and voted in this poll - even though I haven't eaten a meat burger in 4 years - the last meat burger I ate was at Wendy's.

NOW... if you want to talk about veggie or black bean burgers... (I know not a real burger). I went to The Yardhouse at the Banks this past Sunday and had their "gardein" sliders with garlic fries. Very good! They put a sauce on that tastes smokey/charred. My server said it was a "Big Mac" sauce, but it didn't have a tartar taste. OTOH, Chili's has the best black bean burger and the plus is almost any burger on their menu can be substituted for black bean (always Mushroom-Swiss, which was my favorite pre-veggie days).
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    I cheated and went ahead and voted in this poll - even though I haven't eaten a meat burger in 4 years - the last meat burger I ate was at Wendy's.

NOW... if you want to talk about veggie or black bean burgers... (I know not a real burger). I went to The Yardhouse at the Banks this past Sunday and had their "gardein" sliders with garlic fries. Very good! They put a sauce on that tastes smokey/charred. My server said it was a "Big Mac" sauce, but it didn't have a tartar taste. OTOH, Chili's has the best black bean burger and the plus is almost any burger on their menu can be substituted for black bean (always Mushroom-Swiss, which was my favorite pre-veggie days).
    I love The Yard House. For what it's worth, all of the gardein stuff on their menu is really good.

All awful awful burgers. I can't choose any of them in good conscience.

You have to do it yourself at home or go upscale at a nice restaurant.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

j just had Red Robin for the first time.

Not impressed.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    All awful awful burgers. I can't choose any of them in good conscience.

You have to do it yourself at home or go upscale at a nice restaurant.

10. Likes:

Joseph (07-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Just one mans opinion brother.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Here in Bellefontaine, Ohio it's Don's Downtown Diner. It'll beat any franchise burger on the list I guarantee. I finally ate there, with my son, for the first time yesterday.

Check out their Facebook page..... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dons-...95315547166628

If you can live up to the challenge and finish the Sweet Matilda (and huge pile of hand cut fries) - ya get 1 hour and no getting up from your seat - you get a T-shirt and the owner buys the meal.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Here in Bellefontaine, Ohio it's Don's Downtown Diner. It'll beat any franchise burger on the list I guarantee. I finally ate there, with my son, for the first time yesterday.

Check out their Facebook page..... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dons-...95315547166628

If you can live up to the challenge and finish the Sweet Matilda (and huge pile of hand cut fries) - ya get 1 hour and no getting up from your seat - you get a T-shirt and the owner buys the meal.
    That's a heart busting burger! I know I couldn't do that one now.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    That's a heart busting burger! I know I couldn't do that one now.
    I wouldn't even try. You would probably need an angioplasty afterwards.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Just one mans opinion brother.
    I'll back you up. I do like In&Out and 5 Guys is a good burger when looking to feast, but overall, the selection of burgers in this thread is crap. Now, don't get me wrong, a bad burger, just like pizza and ice cream, is still good, but the quality of burgers in this thread is very poor overall.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Last night my wife made some burgers using spices from Colonel De's stand at Findlay Market. Perfection. It is hard to top a homemade burger.

17. Likes:

remdog (07-24-2013)

Chowed down on an In-And-Out burger up in the metroplex area for the first time ever. Good. But definitely overrated. Whataburger is better.

Turn Off Ads?