Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Top Prospects June 2013 Edition

Re: Reds Top Prospects June 2013 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Hot off the presses. As always, feel free to have at 'em.

GRADE A Top 25 Prospect and All-Star Potential

1a. Billy Hamilton CF AAA - With Ervin in the system, the pressure is on Billy to wake up (which he's starting to do).
    1b. Robert Stephenson RHP A - Probably a top 5 pitching prospect in the game at this point.

GRADE B Top 100 Prospect and Major League Starter

3. Tony Cingrani LHP A+ - He may lose rookie (and prospect) eligibility soon
    4. Jesse Winker OF A - Now has some competition for a future spot in the Reds OF
    5. Phillip Ervin OF A - Would like to see him start at Dayton alongside Winker

GRADE C Some Trade Value and Should Make the Majors at some point

6. Nick Travieso RHP A - Not a great debut in Dayton. Curious to see how he does there the rest of the year.
    7. Michael Lorenzen RHP A - Will he stay a reliever or is he going to be the latest to convert?
    8. Dan Corcino RHP AAA - Stock is plummeting. Needs to be demoted or DL'd
    9. Chad Rogers RHP AA - Should get a shot in AAA soon, maybe taking Corcino's place
    10. Carlos Contreras RHP A+ - His transition to starter has been great so far

ON THE RADAR (Honorable Mention)

Tucker Barnhart C AA - will make the majors, question is if he'll hit enough to start
    Tanner Rahier 3B A - the glove and the pop are there, needs to get on base more
    Drew Cisco RHP A - most polish of the three amigos listed below
    Sal Romano RHP A - the youngest of the three
    Ismael Guillon LHP A - has started to turn the corner after a very wild start

KEEP AN EYE ON (Rookie leaguers too early to tell)

Jonathan Reynoso CF
    Kevin Franklin 3B
    Cory Thompson SS
    Mark Armstrong RHP
    Amir Garrett LHP
    Jacob Clemente LHP

Biggest weakness in the system remains middle infield, I'm hoping the Reds go hard after the international FA market, which is frequently the best place to find those types. Most depth is probably CF, where the Reds have Hamilton, Ervin and Reynoso all in the pipeline. Will be interesting to see how the rookie leaguers perform once that season gets started in a couple weeks.
    Hard to argue with this list. Jacob Clemente = Jacob Constante???

I'd add a few guys to the "keep an eye on" list.

Junior Arias is putting himself back on the map.
    Still too early to dismiss Y-Rod.
    We've soured on Dan Langfield pretty quickly IMO.
    Jeff Gelalich needs more respect, lets see if some power comes over the next year or two before writing him off.
    Pedro Diaz got some love pre-season.
    Jon Moscot still seems interesting.
    Alejandro Chacin and El Hajj Muhammed my be decent bullpen pieces down the road.

Some struggling guys who'd I'd give until the end of the year include Ryan Wright, Kyle Waldrop and Juan Perez
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Top Prospects June 2013 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Hard to argue with this list. Jacob Clemente = Jacob Constante???

I'd add a few guys to the "keep an eye on" list.

Junior Arias is putting himself back on the map.
    Still too early to dismiss Y-Rod.
    We've soured on Dan Langfield pretty quickly IMO.
    Jeff Gelalich needs more respect, lets see if some power comes over the next year or two before writing him off.
    Pedro Diaz got some love pre-season.
    Jon Moscot still seems interesting.
    Alejandro Chacin and El Hajj Muhammed my be decent bullpen pieces down the road.

Some struggling guys who'd I'd give until the end of the year include Ryan Wright, Kyle Waldrop and Juan Perez
    Don't disagree on any of this. I just wanted to cap the list of guys to keep an eye on to the top 6. Langfield is definitely a guy to watch once he comes back healthy- no one has given up on him, especially if he is going to start. I'm not completely dismissing Y-Rod, Gelalich, Arias, Wright or Waldrop yet either, but I also would not count them among the Reds Top 15 prospects at this point.

The guys I listed are the 21 most important names in the system at this point. (If they can sign him, I'd add Willie Abreu to make it 22). There are 6-8 other guys who could matter including those listed above, but right now in my view, these are the 21 most important.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?