Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sky is not falling!!

The Sky is not falling!!

You folks are throwing in the towel in entirely too early! You have not faced trying times this season; I only have the fourth best record in baseball instead of number 1..... Hardly a test at the third way mark in the season.

Let's put things into perspective to help understand how volatile things can still be at this point in the season. 7 June 2012 the Dodgers led the MLB by 4 games. 1 October they were 4 games back in their division, and 2 games from the second wild card slot in the NL.

Look at the first three weeks of Baseball this year. ATL looked unbeatable and then fell flat on their face. Game of streaks! It's about capitalizing on your strengths while your rivals and competition are faltering. As long as the reds continue to gut things out the way they are, they will play baseball in. October.

Hang in there Cincy, remain faithful!

2. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (06-08-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Sky is not falling!!

One of my podcast cohort's was ready to throw in the towel in May, and with they way things have looked this week he's really given up. I am more of an eternal optimist, but it's definitely getting harder to defend them lately. But like you said, it's a game of streaks. The Reds did their most damage last year after the break, and the Cards can't keep this pace going all year long. I'm not ready to give in just yet, we can do this!

EMAW

old cliche, but a marathon not a sprint
    Reds were 31-25 on this day last year with a much healthier team

The sky is not falling.

But I'm still furious at last night after sitting in section 135 watching an idiot drunk cards fan and a stupid cow screaming WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at the top of her lungs after every positive and some negative things they did. Best fans in baseball, HA.

You are right. The Reds are in a little funk right now and the Cards are world beaters. Just get in the playoffs and anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    The sky is not falling.

But I'm still furious at last night after sitting in section 135 watching an idiot drunk cards fan and a stupid cow screaming WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at the top of her lungs after every positive and some negative things they did. Best fans in baseball, HA.
    I get that it was a frustrating game, but don't let other things that are just part of the game exacerbate your frustrations.

Take out Cards and Reds, insert two other teams. Same story around baseball. Part of the excitement of watching game live is getting up and making some noise to cheer on your team. How boring would a quiet stadium be? Plus, the ones that act out, but are harmless (mooooooo'ing cows for instance) make for great people watching. I once watched a drunk drop all of his nacho cheese in his crotch.....he then proceeded to eat crotch nachos (scooped the cheese from his crotch with chips)..... Awesomeness.

My annoyance meter with any fans doesn't start tipping unless its drunken belligerence or they start becoming confrontational. If these folks were there, I wouldn't hesitate to grab an usher.

It was definitely drunken belligerence. You really think a first pitch strike in a 7 run game deserves a high pitched "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"? This isn't an exaggeration, by the way.

It wasn't limited to cards fans. Some dude was standing up and talking to someone in the middle of an aisle, and the people in front of us said they couldn't see and asked him to sit down. He looks at the guy's wife and goes "you should get a haircut. Looks bad on you." I just don't get the point in acting like that.

& I'm not implying the sky is falling. But some losses are definitely more frustrating than others; and for me, last night was the worst of the season.

And last night Reds win....get beat 20 to zip it still counts as 1 loss. Players learn quickly to forget last results. Or go home and become frustrated fans themselves because the failure rate in baseball will destroy the worry wart. No matter how bad a loss feels it is still just one game. I feel the same anguish at times but I guess I learned when I played...its the next time that counts...and let it slide out of my mind. The only losses I remember are season defining...like last years po debacle...the '99 loss to the Mets. All the rest just blur together. Even on a great team the "hair tearers" must suffer. Even the best rarely win much more than 20 games more than they lose.

Sky is not falling, but our bullpen is a major liability. We have plenty of prospects to go out and get some quality relief pitching.

The problems isn't we lost, but how. Way to many mental mistakes by both players and coaches. If you have a couple run lead going into the 7th, we have enough quality arms in the pen we should be winning those games and we are not. Also key injuries to both Ludwick and Marshall, with both doubtful to return anytime soon really hampers this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    It was definitely drunken belligerence. You really think a first pitch strike in a 7 run game deserves a high pitched "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"? This isn't an exaggeration, by the way.

It wasn't limited to cards fans. Some dude was standing up and talking to someone in the middle of an aisle, and the people in front of us said they couldn't see and asked him to sit down. He looks at the guy's wife and goes "you should get a haircut. Looks bad on you." I just don't get the point in acting like that.
    By drunken beligerence I mean taunting the Reds, starting arguments, being vulgar, overall, just being a poor fan. Perhaps a woooooooo at a first strike with 7 run lead is a bit overkill, and I get why it would frustrate you.

Not that it eases the pain of the loss, but Cards fans cheer for a lot of things in baseball. For every Reds fan that was screaming at the top everytime Jay Bruce nabbed a HR at the wall.... Cards fans were cursing him and saying good play at the same time

Nothing like a trip to Wrigley to cure what ails ya! Dan Patrick pointed out today that the Reds current 10 game win streak at Wrigley ties the all time record for visiting clubs in that stadium. Let's hope they can keep it going. Then with Milwaukee coming this weekend, this week could turn out to be a nice rebound. In no way do I think the sky is falling, we just need to stay on pace with the Cardinals and wait for them to stumble!

Falling up----Shel Silverstein

It's just still too early to say the season is done. I mean we have one of the best records in baseball, and I really didn't expect our team to lead the division wire to wire. The Central is tough, but I think we can count on the Pirates falling off late in the season. We just need to keep beating the teams we are suppose to beat.

Turn Off Ads?