Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ondrusek optioned, Partch up.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: Ondrusek optioned, Partch up.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Partch is a big boy at 6-5, 240. He's been doing well lately. Misses bats more than Ondrusek. Not sure about Partch, but we know Logan is purely a 12th man type. Can't hurt really.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=489197
    I would guess he's here only until Tuesday when Cingrani is back to pitch against the Cubs
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    I would guess he's here only until Tuesday when Cingrani is back to pitch against the Cubs
    I actually think Henry Rodriguez will be the guy to go down for Cingrani.

Partch has been doing much better with the Ks these past couple years. I know we who voted for Redszone's top 50 prospects, didn't get him until we voted for the #44 - #50 overall prospects. Some of that is due to him being a reliever who most of us view with less significance as other players, and some of that is due to him not having much results prior to 2012. Even then, Partch did walk 4.22 batters per 9 innings at AA last year in 70 1/3 innings. Sure, his K rate was nice at 8.19, but it's not like the guy was setting the world on fire.

Partch did start hot in 8 1/3 in AA this year before being bumped up to AAA where the Ks have come 11.22 K/9 in 21 2/3 innings, but so have the walks (4.15 BB/9). Let's hope the strikeouts continue coming in the bigs and he doesn't allow too many free passes or home runs (which he has been pretty good with throughout his career).

It'd make sense for him to stay longer since he's a bullpen arm.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    The sad part is that some actually think our season needs saving.
    No, our season just needs a good swift kick in the a&&.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Or Lutz to better balance the bench with the Switch Hitter. Leaves us short in the OF, but Frazier can move in a pinch.
    Last edited by mth123; 06-08-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

7. Likes:

HokieRed (06-08-2013),oneupper (06-09-2013),WVRedsFan (06-08-2013)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post

Partch has been doing much better with the Ks these past couple years. I know we who voted for Redszone's top 50 prospects, didn't get him until we voted for the #44 - #50 overall prospects. Some of that is due to him being a reliever who most of us view with less significance as other players, and some of that is due to him not having much results prior to 2012. Even then, Partch did walk 4.22 batters per 9 innings at AA last year in 70 1/3 innings. Sure, his K rate was nice at 8.19, but it's not like the guy was setting the world on fire.

Partch did start hot in 8 1/3 in AA this year before being bumped up to AAA where the Ks have come 11.22 K/9 in 21 2/3 innings, but so have the walks (4.15 BB/9). Let's hope the strikeouts continue coming in the bigs and he doesn't allow too many free passes or home runs (which he has been pretty good with throughout his career).
    you may be right --
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

This player move, of course, is different than some of the others. This is a demotion of a pitcher who wasn't getting it done. It's not an injury replacement.

I hope the Reds are not finished tweaking the roster. Parra's spot could be up for grabs. Certainly Lutz's spot. And also Izturis' spot, I see that Jason Donald is off the DL and playing at AAA.

To raise a dreaded subject, I also see that Dusty moved his left fielder into the second hole in the batting order. Again, I think this is a positive tweak.

The Reds have a good record but it's mostly against weak teams. While patience is great, passivity is not. There are injury holes and weakness in the bullpen and bench. Very glad the Reds are starting to address them.

So, this feels like the Reds are officially giving up on Ondrusek.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    So, this feels like the Reds are officially giving up on Ondrusek.
    Relievers are here today and gone tomorrow. Logan and Jordan Smith are just two examples of how fans over value relievers. JJ Hoover is likely to be the next in that line.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

12. Likes:

reds44 (06-08-2013),WVRedsFan (06-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Relievers are here today and gone tomorrow. Logan and Jordan Smith are just two examples of how fans over value relievers. JJ Hoover is likely to be the next in that line.
    Agree with the first point, but not with comparing Hoover to Ondrusek and Smith. Hoover strikes guys out, Ondrusek and Smith rely purely on the defense behind them and eventually that luck runs out.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

14. Likes:

Redeyecat (06-09-2013)

Agree as to most relievers. Late inning relievers like Chapman, Marshall are not overvalued. They are important players and not that easily replaceable.

Dusty, on the pre game show, said Partch would be taking over Simon's role, and Simon would be used in "more important" innings from now on.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

17. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-09-2013)

Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Yep.
    Does look to be more accurate. I should have looked at his k rates. My main point was looking for guys that miss bats and even then not expecting or planning on th long term. After looking at Hoover's k rate I used a bad comparison.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Partch can bring it and misses bats...he also misses the strikezone a lot. If Curt can keep his walks down to something reasonable he has the stuff...better than Logan's imo. But the game is also littered with hard throwers that never learn to pitch/have command. Hopefully he gets a couple outings in blowouts before handling a crucial inning.

Turn Off Ads?