Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 503

Thread: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member NebraskaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,426

    6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    Reds:

    Shin-Soo Choo CF
    Derrick Robinson LF
    Joey Votto 1B
    Brandon Phillips 2B
    Jay Bruce RF
    Todd Frazier 3B
    Devin Mesoraco C
    Zack Cozart SS
    Mat Latos P

    Cardinals:

    Matt Carpenter 2B
    Carlos Beltran RF
    Matt Holliday LF
    Allen Craig 1B
    Yadier Molina C
    David Freese 3B
    Jon Jay CF
    Pete Kozma SS
    Tyler Lyons P

  2. #2
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    950

    Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    I think you mistyped the lineup.
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

    Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: TBA

    *UPDATED: 2/11/2014

  3. Likes:

    kbrake (06-08-2013), LexRedsFan (06-08-2013), reds1869 (06-08-2013), reds44 (06-08-2013), RichRed (06-08-2013), Wonderful Monds (06-08-2013)

  4. #3
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,413

    Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    I'm just waiting for people to complain about this lineup. It WILL happen. Logan sent down and Curtis Partch brought up too.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  5. #4
    GO XAVIER! toledodan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    overland park, kansas
    Posts
    1,955

    Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I'm just waiting for people to complain about this lineup. It WILL happen. Logan sent down and Curtis Partch brought up too.


    i don't like baker as our manager. i don't think that's a secret but i'm glad a change is made. i just hope he gives it a couple of days before he sneaks cozart back to second.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.


    Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

  6. #5
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,814

    Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I'm just waiting for people to complain about this lineup. It WILL happen. Logan sent down and Curtis Partch brought up too.
    Why do you let that bother you? It is almost as if you are looking to be upset about something. Let people say what they want. What a novel concept.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  7. Likes:

    TheBigLebowski (06-08-2013)

  8. #6
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Titletown, FL
    Posts
    3,855

    Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Why do you let that bother you? It is almost as if you are looking to be upset about something. Let people say what they want. What a novel concept.
    It does seem to be a problem for him...as well as many others.

    We're in the big leagues now, TD.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

  9. #7
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,601

    Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    Shortstop bats...8th?
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  10. #8
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    10,983

    Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    For the record, in the history of Dusty's lineups, the SS has batted 2nd only around a third of the time. It's been a bit more since he's been a Red, but Dusty always batting SS 2nd really is just a myth that's fun to mock. Btw, the same is true for the whole "never bat two lefties back to back."
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  11. Likes:

    redsmetz (06-08-2013)

  12. #9
    Member NebraskaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    For the record, in the history of Dusty's lineups, the SS has batted 2nd only around a third of the time. It's been a bit more since he's been a Red, but Dusty always batting SS 2nd really is just a myth that's fun to mock. Btw, the same is true for the whole "never bat two lefties back to back."
    Your facts and your accuracy have no place here.

  13. Likes:

    Brisco (06-09-2013), Red Raindog (06-08-2013), Tom Servo (06-08-2013)

  14. #10
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,151

    Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    For the record, in the history of Dusty's lineups, the SS has batted 2nd only around a third of the time. It's been a bit more since he's been a Red, but Dusty always batting SS 2nd really is just a myth that's fun to mock. Btw, the same is true for the whole "never bat two lefties back to back."
    The criticism has really always been about who was batting #1 or #2, not what position they played.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

  15. #11
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,493

    Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    The criticism has really always been about who was batting #1 or #2, not what position they played.
    You obviously haven't been on this message board for the last month or so.

  16. #12
    Member Captain Hook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    columbus,ohio
    Posts
    2,223

    Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Reds:

    Shin-Soo Choo CF
    Derrick Robinson LF
    Joey Votto 1B
    Brandon Phillips 2B
    Jay Bruce RF
    Todd Frazier 3B
    Devin Mesoraco C
    Zack Cozart SS
    Mat Latos P

    Cardinals:

    Matt Carpenter 2B
    Carlos Beltran RF
    Matt Holliday LF
    Allen Craig 1B
    Yadier Molina C
    David Freese 3B
    Jon Jay CF
    Pete Kozma SS
    Tyler Lyons P
    Just in case people didn't notice.

  17. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,174

    Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    I love this lineup, Robinson will see good pitches ahead of Votto, and Cozart has the pressure taken off a little.

  18. #14
    Member Captain Hook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    columbus,ohio
    Posts
    2,223

    Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    I love this lineup, Robinson will see good pitches ahead of Votto, and Cozart has the pressure taken off a little.
    I agree. I think it's about time the Reds put Robinson out there and see what happens.He won't continue to get on base at a .400 clip but I'll wager that he can do better then the .270-.280 obp we've seen from Cozart the last few years.

  19. #15
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,151

    Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I agree. I think it's about time the Reds put Robinson out there and see what happens.He won't continue to get on base at a .400 clip but I'll wager that he can do better then the .270-.280 obp we've seen from Cozart the last few years.
    Agreed, and his speed lessens the chance of the GIDP when Choo's on 1B.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25