Jon Jay CF
    Pete Kozma SS
    Tyler Lyons P

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Re: 6/8/2013 Reds v. Cardinals

I think you mistyped the lineup.

4. Likes:

kbrake (06-08-2013),LexRedsFan (06-08-2013),reds1869 (06-08-2013),reds44 (06-08-2013),RichRed (06-08-2013),Wonderful Monds (06-08-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I'm just waiting for people to complain about this lineup. It WILL happen. Logan sent down and Curtis Partch brought up too.

Shortstop bats...8th?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

For the record, in the history of Dusty's lineups, the SS has batted 2nd only around a third of the time. It's been a bit more since he's been a Red, but Dusty always batting SS 2nd really is just a myth that's fun to mock. Btw, the same is true for the whole "never bat two lefties back to back."
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

8. Likes:

redsmetz (06-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    For the record, in the history of Dusty's lineups, the SS has batted 2nd only around a third of the time. It's been a bit more since he's been a Red, but Dusty always batting SS 2nd really is just a myth that's fun to mock. Btw, the same is true for the whole "never bat two lefties back to back."
    Your facts and your accuracy have no place here.

10. Likes:

Brisco (06-09-2013),Red Raindog (06-08-2013),Tom Servo (06-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Reds:

Shin-Soo Choo CF
    Derrick Robinson LF
    Joey Votto 1B
    Brandon Phillips 2B
    Jay Bruce RF
    Todd Frazier 3B
    Devin Mesoraco C
    Zack Cozart SS
    Mat Latos P

Cardinals:

Matt Carpenter 2B
    Carlos Beltran RF
    Matt Holliday LF
    Allen Craig 1B
    Yadier Molina C
    David Freese 3B
    Jon Jay CF
    Pete Kozma SS
    Tyler Lyons P
    Just in case people didn't notice.

I love this lineup, Robinson will see good pitches ahead of Votto, and Cozart has the pressure taken off a little.

Cincinnati just has to beat STL tonight or I will vomit into the next day reading the smug, self-congratulatory prattlings being posted by its fans. Here are two such gems, I warn you, be near a toilet:

Calling a team the best and actually BEING the best on the field are two different things. You know that, right? That's why we play 162 games, rather than simply call the winner at the beginning of the season. The sportswriters who picked Cincinnati to win this division/league/World Series vastly over-estimated them while overlooking the dangerous machine the Cardinals were building. I'd say some eyes have been opened by what has happened ON THE FIELD, not IN THE PRESS.

Yes the Cardinals are this good. It starts with drafting great young pitching and developing them "the Cardinal Way" in the minors and once they reach Busch..They are winners..So get used to it..With Shelby Miller, Lance Lynn,Wacha, and Garcia you are going to see alot of Cardinal wins..plus throw in the veteran Wainwright. It has never been more exciting to be a Cardinal fan! So to answer your question..NO the Reds are not the best team because the media picked them! The media does not play the games..Hell the media picked the Dodgers and Angels to win..loook at them!

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    I love this lineup, Robinson will see good pitches ahead of Votto, and Cozart has the pressure taken off a little.
    I agree. I think it's about time the Reds put Robinson out there and see what happens.He won't continue to get on base at a .400 clip but I'll wager that he can do better then the .270-.280 obp we've seen from Cozart the last few years.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The criticism has really always been about who was batting #1 or #2, not what position they played.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I agree. I think it's about time the Reds put Robinson out there and see what happens.He won't continue to get on base at a .400 clip but I'll wager that he can do better then the .270-.280 obp we've seen from Cozart the last few years.
    Agreed, and his speed lessens the chance of the GIDP when Choo's on 1B.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

This probably won't work tonight and Dusty will go back to his old lineup tomorrow.

Hopefully he gives it some time. Would love to see Mes/Hanigan in the 2 hole so they can see some good pitches, especially Mes.

I really like this lineup.

Side note: has anyone noticed DRob is not a good bunter? Just swing away and see what happens. His bunting has really frustrated me lately. I think it frustrates me because he actually has a good approach at the plate. Let your approach help you out.

Did Dusty finally wake up and get rid of the out making Cozart batting 2nd FINALLY??? Its not magic in a bottle, its COMMON SENSE.. Guys who get on base bat at the top of the order, Not the out makers oin front of your 3 and 4 hitters Goodness.. should not have taken this long for Dusty to finally figure that out

Turn Off Ads?