Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Willie Abreu

Willie Abreu

I think this guy could be the steal of the Reds draft. Plus power and a plus arm, he projects as a RF with plus defense.

I have seen multiple occasions where he's compared to Albert Almora, who was a top 10 overall pick in last year's draft. Supposedly a couple teams wanted to take him in the 3rd round but his asking price was too high ($450K) yet the Reds are willing to match that. BA ranked him 205th overall, which I believe is higher than any of the Reds other draft picks after Ervin and Lorenzen. (Howard was #234).

Will be great if we can sign him. Hopefully he turns out better than the last Florida HS OF "projected steal" drafted after the 10th round, Kyle Waldrop.
    Last edited by Benihana; 06-09-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Willie Abreu

I think that as of right now, it looks like he's going to go to school.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kearns and dunn View Post
    Money talks. I really hope that Buckley has some of his top guys slotted in so that he can throw some big money at some of these high school kids so we can infuse some upside into this system.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Is he related to Bobby?

Quote Originally Posted by kearns and dunn View Post
    Did you see new information indicating that? Last I saw, the Reds were willing to meet his number of $450K?
    Go BLUE!!!

Too bad they can't sign Collins either. If there are three guys I really want to sign after the first 5 rounds, its Abreu, Collins, and Benintendi. If we can sign 2 of the 3 it will be good.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?