Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1081

Thread: 6/9/2013 Cardinals @ Reds

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Re: 6/9/2013 Cardinals @ Reds

Welcome to The Show, Mr. Partch.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

In summary, Chapman should have pitched in the 7th, a high leverage situation, when Lecure created said situation (who a few days ago was supposed to be our setup man), then Chapman should have also pitched the 9th and the 10th, and Parra should have pitched to Carpenter. Oh and Dusty is to blame that all of this didn't happen. And mixed into all of that was a scoreless 8th by Broxton who is terrible.

All I know is the Cardinals top to bottom can hit regardless of what inning it is. Seeing what they can do to mistake pitches makes me appreciate the 6 strong innings Arroyo gave us today.

4. Likes:

edabbs44 (06-10-2013), Kc61 (06-10-2013), mth123 (06-10-2013), REDREAD (06-10-2013), reds44 (06-10-2013)

Please, call for another bunt Dusty.

It's scared baseball. This isn't the minor leagues.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

RedsZone went out for me with the score tied 4-4. Good thing. I just read many saying the season was over. Huh? OK. Right now we are the third best team in the NL Central, but I have confidence that this will not last long. Lots of Randy Quaids ( remember Major League 2?) out there.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Reds against above .500 teams, 13-18.
    Cardinals against above .500 teams, 19-15.

Month of June:
    Reds 3-5
    Cardinals 6-4
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

double post

EMAW

The Baker haters make one question the baseball IQ of many

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    RedsZone went out for me with the score tied 4-4. Good thing. I just read many saying the season was over. Huh? OK. Right now we are the third best team in the NL Central, but I have confidence that this will not last long. Lots of Randy Quaids ( remember Major League 2?) out there.
    Meh. I don't see anyone saying the season is over. I just see acknowledgement that the Cardinals are for real, and probably the best team in baseball.

I think people on here still see the Reds has a postseason team.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Meh. I don't see anyone saying the season is over. I just see acknowledgement that the Cardinals are for real, and probably the best team in baseball.

I think people on here still see the Reds has a postseason team.
    Hope so.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

EMAW

I still maintain the Baker Haters would rather go 70 and 92 with Narron, Boone, etc than flip the record with Dusty

13. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-10-2013)

Some games just suck; like this one did. No doubt the Cards are better than we are right now; best in the NL actually. That said, we're good; very good. Between us and the Braves (who have the better record) for the 1st half NL silver medal.

The great thing about baseball and for us is that this all easily could change to our advantage (or other but I like to avoid bad thoughts) over the summer. Current reality isn't necessarily future reality. I'm not at all resigned to Wild Card. Way too early, given how we've been playing, to say that.

Oh, and Dusty didn't lose this game. That's silly. See above, the Cards were better.
    Last edited by 1940757690; 06-10-2013 at 02:04 AM.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

15. Likes:

I always find it funny when you make some observations about Dusty on Redszone, it immediately carries over to someone saying that a poster said "Dusty lost the game."

I dont think Vottomatic, myself, or anyone else have ever said he lost the game, but what we are saying is "he doesn't put the team in the best position to win" on some occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    I always find it funny when you make some observations about Dusty on Redszone, it immediately carries over to someone saying that a poster said "Dusty lost the game."

I dont think Vottomatic, myself, or anyone else have ever said he lost the game, but what we are saying is "he doesn't put the team in the best position to win" on some occasions.
    Not sure that distinction is totally clear? 'Losing' versus 'not-putting-in-best-position to win.'

Maybe good to rephrase. Don't think any suboptimal Dusty positioning had much to do with tonight's loss. We just got beat. And, now, the Little Bears are going to pay.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    A loss always hurt. But nobody in baseball has gone 162-0 or even 132-30.
    Every baseball team ever sucks.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

19. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post

Ever is a long time.

Turn Off Ads?