Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jon Fay.... WOW!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jon Fay.... WOW!

I normally don't pay attention to media types but Jon Fay caught my eye tonight after the game. Did anyone check his twitter feed? I've never seen a beat writer call out a manager like that before. Do you think he will get suspended or barred from the club house?

RT @gingEER13 will you keep defending Dusty? One of the worst managers in the game//Well I suggest you sit out the rest of his tenure.
    https://twitter.com/johnfayman

Re: Jon Fay.... WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I normally don't pay attention to media types but Jon Fay caught my eye tonight after the game. Did anyone check his twitter feed? I've never seen a beat writer call out a manager like that before. Do you think he will get suspended or barred from the club house?

https://twitter.com/johnfayman
    I think the fan tweeted that Dusty is one of the worst managers.

I think Fay responded, if you don't like him sit out his tenure.

Fay wasn't criticizing Dusty, just telling the fan to back off or sit out Dusty's tenure.

Fay did nothing

The part before the / is what the person he is responding to said, that's the way Fay tweets.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Gahh... I'm a Twitter noob. Thanks for clearing that up.

I too was shocked when I first joined twitter at the response some media types wrote,,,,,then I found out how to use twitter and realized it was a response from another user. Common mistake

7. Likes:

MikeThierry (06-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    I too was shocked when I first joined twitter at the response some media types wrote,,,,,then I found out how to use twitter and realized it was a response from another user. Common mistake
    Yea, the actual Twitter webpage and Twitter apps doesn't allow a user to "quote" a message prior to a reply, so you have to do it manually, which ends up looking exactly like what Fay did in the OP.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Yea, the actual Twitter webpage and Twitter apps doesn't allow a user to "quote" a message prior to a reply, so you have to do it manually, which ends up looking exactly like what Fay did in the OP.

-Matt
    I think Fay is conning us. He is doing a Q & A with himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I think Fay is conning us. He is doing a Q & A with himself.
    It is indeed infinitely more entertaining to imagine Fay is arguing with his own split personality.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

RedEye (06-10-2013)

With an assist to renowned lyricist Taylor Swift, John Fay would never ever (everrrr) question Dusty Baker, which is my biggest complaint with him (apart from completely failing to understand the concept of spell checking).

13. Likes:

MikeThierry (06-10-2013)

I'm glad I didn't have to pull out this clip for Fay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7tgX_Uaqs

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by MBZags View Post
    (apart from completely failing to understand the concept of spell checking).
    Just spellchecking? Because a Fay blog post has more proofing errors than a ladybug has dots.

John Fay has never said a negative thing about Dusty. He will defend Dusty until he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    John Fay has never said a negative thing about Dusty. He will defend Dusty until he retires.
    There's nothing in it for Fay to criticize dusty. Even if he hates him, his career depends on a good relationship with the Reds management.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    There's nothing in it for Fay to criticize dusty. Even if he hates him, his career depends on a good relationship with the Reds management.
    Exactly. If Fay burns bridges with individuals who work for the Reds, he loses access to information from those individuals. A beat writer's job is not to provide HIS candid opinions, but to convey facts and opinions from insiders.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?