Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jon Fay.... WOW!

Re: Jon Fay.... WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I've heard Fay doe snot can be a great source of vitamin E but has side effects like causing typos and giving one "the wind" something fierce.

It is amazing how many times I write does not...and it ends up spelling snot.
    Or always spelling because... beacuse. Besides those 2 things...I am freally good at this posting thing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Yea, the actual Twitter webpage and Twitter apps doesn't allow a user to "quote" a message prior to a reply, so you have to do it manually, which ends up looking exactly like what Fay did in the OP.

-Matt
    I think Fay is conning us. He is doing a Q & A with himself.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    It is amazing how many times I write does not...and it ends up spelling snot.
    Or always spelling because... beacuse. Besides those 2 things...I am freally good at this posting thing.
    Yeah, but if you're going to make a typo, "doe snot" is pretty awesome.

5. Likes:

Big Klu (06-10-2013),oneupper (06-10-2013),RedEye (06-10-2013),RedlegJake (06-10-2013),Tony Cloninger (06-10-2013)

I think Fay is conning us. He is doing a Q & A with himself.
    It is indeed infinitely more entertaining to imagine Fay is arguing with his own split personality.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

RedEye (06-10-2013)

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

John Fay struggles with grammar (which is amazing considering he's a professional WRITER) and he would sever one of his legs before he'd criticize Dusty.

Fay has no problems criticizing Reds fans, though. You know, the people that help pay his salary (if no one is reading, those ad dollars aren't coming in). In fact, Fay comes across like a (word I can't say here) on Twitter. I know some fans can be annoying. Well, ignore them. Many times a Reds fan will have a legitimately good question and even then Fay will give some condescending answer. The guy has no personality, is a bad writer and is scared of Dusty. Other than that, I love him.

I think Fay's conduct on Twitter is inappropriate and I have politely told him as much. He is a professional journalist in a position of public trust, and this status requires a certain level of decorum that he lacks on Twitter. No journalist would answer a phone call to the newsroom with the attitude that Fay has on Twitter, so why should Twitter be any different?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    There's nothing in it for Fay to criticize dusty. Even if he hates him, his career depends on a good relationship with the Reds management.
    Exactly. If Fay burns bridges with individuals who work for the Reds, he loses access to information from those individuals. A beat writer's job is not to provide HIS candid opinions, but to convey facts and opinions from insiders.
    /r/reds

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Fay has never; and will never call out anyone. He's not that type of beat writer. Not sure he ever played baseball. It's just his job and he's done it a long time.

ctrent probably more likely to get critical on stuff and definitely knows the game well enough situationally to be critical but I don't really follow him closely on twitter he's moved around so much in recent years I have kind of lost track of his work
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    John Fay struggles with grammar (which is amazing considering he's a professional WRITER) and he would sever one of his legs before he'd criticize Dusty.

Fay has no problems criticizing Reds fans, though. You know, the people that help pay his salary (if no one is reading, those ad dollars aren't coming in). In fact, Fay comes across like a (word I can't say here) on Twitter. I know some fans can be annoying. Well, ignore them. Many times a Reds fan will have a legitimately good question and even then Fay will give some condescending answer. The guy has no personality, is a bad writer and is scared of Dusty. Other than that, I love him.
    Blitz, dude... once again your posts are hilarious. Are you here all week and is the veal good?

Fay doe snot have the cajones to call out Baker. No one in the Cincinnati media really does.....and if they question him and he bites....they cower like scared cats.
    It's not the media's job to call out any manager. It's their job to report on the club.

The editorializing of news is why journalism is disappearing. Criticizing Dusty, or any manager, is not in their job description.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    It's not the media's job to call out any manager. It's their job to report on the club.

The editorializing of news is why journalism is disappearing. Criticizing Dusty, or any manager, is not in their job description.
    Exactly. People have this notion that reporters are supposed to have opinions. Their job is to report. Leave the punditry to the pundits.

Meh, I disagree with you guys. Hal McCoy was excellent in his prime and he was often critical. The best writers can present the facts ... and share their opinions as well.

There used to be a complete separation from news stories (nothing but the facts) and editorials (opinion pieces). But we see more of a fusion today. And even if Fay wasn't critical in a game story, he has a blog where he can write anything he wants. The good writers use this avenue as a way of sharing their opinions -- readers like that (well, if the writer is good).

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Blitz, dude... once again your posts are hilarious. Are you here all week and is the veal good?
    Ha, thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post

I agree. He answers all the Reds fan like they are idiots......when many of them have, legit questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    The editorializing of news is why journalism is disappearing.
    Well, that and a little thing called "the internets."

Turn Off Ads?