Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Slobberknocker trade proposal to shake things up!!

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    619

    Re: Slobberknocker trade proposal to shake things up!!

    Krusty oh Krusty where can you be?
    We have a Slobberknocker Trade that doesn't look right to me.

    That type of trade must be huge to go down.
    Big and bombastic like Krusty the Clown...
    Last edited by Red in Atl; 06-11-2013 at 10:25 AM.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: Slobberknocker trade proposal to shake things up!!

    Mike Dunn from the Marlins would be an ideal target, give 'em Parra plus a prospect like Soto or Lutz.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes

  4. #33
    It's showtime! RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    7,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Mike Dunn from the Marlins would be an ideal target, give 'em Parra plus a prospect like Soto or Lutz.
    Why would they want Parra?
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

  5. #34
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: Slobberknocker trade proposal to shake things up!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Why would they want Parra?
    Innings, I think they would rather have that extra arm than not. Can't kill those young starters of theirs. Ya move Parra to a division that doesn't know him as well, a pitcher friendly park and use him strictly as a loogy and who knows maybe he can be useful for them. If not they can cut him just as easy.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes

  6. #35
    It's showtime! RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    7,941

    Re: Slobberknocker trade proposal to shake things up!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Innings, I think they would rather have that extra arm than not. Can't kill those young starters of theirs. Ya move Parra to a division that doesn't know him as well, a pitcher friendly park and use him strictly as a loogy and who knows maybe he can be useful for them. If not they can cut him just as easy.
    There are probably other Parra's to be had on waivers without giving up Dunn.

  7. #36
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: Slobberknocker trade proposal to shake things up!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    There are probably other Parra's to be had on waivers without giving up Dunn.
    Parra isn't the principal component going back, it would be the prospect. Parra just replaces some of Dunns innings. If you want to debate the prospect it would take to get it done fine but Parra is just innings.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes

  8. #37
    It's showtime! RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    7,941

    Re: Slobberknocker trade proposal to shake things up!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Parra isn't the principal component going back, it would be the prospect. Parra just replaces some of Dunns innings. If you want to debate the prospect it would take to get it done fine but Parra is just innings.
    Soto and Lutz... hmmm... not sure either of them is floating the Marlin boat either, but what do I know?

  9. #38
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: Slobberknocker trade proposal to shake things up!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Soto and Lutz... hmmm... not sure either of them is floating the Marlin boat either, but what do I know?
    Probably true but you have to have a starting point to conversations.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25