Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.10.13 Reds @ Cubs

Re: 6.10.13 Reds @ Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I wish the fog would come back. It was like watching a game being played in Silent Hill.
    I agree, bring back the fog.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I agree, bring back the fog.
    It all got sent over to the south side and the White Sox, where they're still delayed.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

This is the first time it looks like a color broadcast.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I wish the fog would come back. It was like watching a game being played in Silent Hill.
    Yes, the alternate reality is nice, breaks up the monotony.

Hey, Alfonso, you're not getting a strike. Thanks for swinging anyway.

Bailey at 81 pitches in the sixth ahead 5-0, man on second, two outs.

Pitch count important tonight, don't want to use much bullpen.

Cubs score when Phillips tries a great barehand play. Error on the throw and it's 5-1.

that was cubs-esque
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

And the Cubs have their first run on a base hit.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Sometimes on Redszone, people get challenged. Those incapable of defending their position usually resort to personal attacks, some sort of conversation deflection or general lameness.

Those who engage enrich not only the participants but the entire forum.
    Sorry, but I don't see how arguing a topic to death for multiple pages is doing anything to enrich the forum, nor is the condescending tone some RZers use. What's wrong with giving an opinion and stopping there? You're not changing my opinion and I'm not trying to change yours. My opinion is actually somewhere in the middle, but having a little fun on this site is apparently taboo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    that was cubs-esque
    brandon should have held on to it. don't know if bailey had time to back that play up or not.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTofty View Post
    And the Cubs have their first run on a base hit.
    And an error. In retrospect, BP should have just ate that one, but it's not his nature to do that.

Navarro up. 85 pitches for Homer.

2-2 count, disputed strike call against Navarro.

Now full, 87 pitches. No need to talk bullpen, not happening this early.

Strike three call. 5-1, run unearned.

I know this is Cubs, but Bailey is really working it tonight. He's showing excellent command and his stuff is moving all over the place.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Sorry, but I don't see how arguing a topic to death for multiple pages is doing anything to enrich the forum, nor is the condescending tone some RZers use.
    I don't see the condescending tone.

I do see the rude tune though.

What's wrong with giving an opinion and stopping there?
    That's fine if you want to make a blog and turn the comments off. Please do so.

You're not changing my opinion and I'm not trying to change yours. My opinion is actually somewhere in the middle, but having a little fun on this site is apparently taboo.
    It's the baiting and then acting offended when challenged that we need less of.

15. Likes:

Raisor (06-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I know this is Cubs, but Bailey is really working it tonight. He's showing excellent command and his stuff is moving all over the place.
    Still three innings to go for him, needs to keep the pitch count low. Bullpen is all beat up.

Hannahan grounds to the GG winner Darwin Barney who makes a fantastically routine play, one out.

Now it's Hanigan who, the Reds say, is beat up with bumps and bruises. Give him more rest, I say, let Mes have some games.

0-2 on Ryan now, righty reliever for the Cubs. Ryan bounces to first.

Pitcher up now, so it looks like a quick inning for the Reds. Nothing across.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I don't see the condescending tone.

I do see the rude tune though.

That's fine if you want to make a blog and turn the comments off. Please do so.

It's the baiting and then acting offended when challenged that we need less of.
    Nothing on the internet could ever offend me. My original reply was to BluegrassRedleg, and it was in fun. Then others jumped in because they can't stand anyone not following the RZ company line. As for "being challenged", I don't see it that way at all. It's an internet message board, not arm wrestling. Sheesh, I bet some of you guys haven't laughed in years.

Turn Off Ads?