Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ochocinco goes from probation to 30 days in jail after attorney butt slap...

For a Level Playing Field

Re: Ochocinco goes from probation to 30 days in jail after attorney butt slap...

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That is my point though. Judges shouldn't just be able to do what they want. Slapping someone on the butt, who isn't taking it as a sexual harassment type of situation, is not against the law. It shouldn't warrant jail time. It shouldn't warrant anything because it is not against the law to do it.
    But, doug, the judge decides the sentence for violating probabtion. Not the prosecutor. You are missing that important fact. Judges can do what they want in their court and are only limited by maximum sentence time for a specific crime when sentencing. And this a part of the reason we have an appeals process in this great country. Judges are human too. You do not agree with the jail time. I do and so does the judge. Chad is in jail b/c he violated probation. He would have never been in that court (again) if not for the stupidty of violating probation. Then to be a jackwagon3 with the butt slap (jackwagon1 = guilty of domestic violence ; jackwagon 2 = probation violation) showed he is not getting it to the judge.

You can more flies with honey than vinegar. Acting the fool just prior to a sentence being handed down is a prime example of this old saying. When facing jail you had better show seriousness in that court or face sitting in jail. And guess what? FOOLISH, Chad. Stay away from domestic violence and slap as many friendly butts as ya want.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ochocinco goes from probation to 30 days in jail after attorney butt slap...

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    We were talking about Chad Johnson, who pleaded no contest to hitting a woman. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what we're talking about.
    No, we really weren't. We were talking about him slapping his lawyer on his ass. That's it. Some of you think he deserves to go to jail for that. I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice View Post
    No, we really weren't. We were talking about him slapping his lawyer on his ass. That's it. Some of you think he deserves to go to jail for that. I disagree.
    I understand you wanting to veer off course. I never said he deserved jail time. You were reacting to people's attitudes in general around CJ. You suggested race was behind it. As I said, that seemed bizarre to me given that he was in trouble for hitting a woman.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice View Post
    He's not going to jail for butt slapping his lawyer. He's going to jail for disrespecting the judge and her courtroom. He's hardly the first person to get some time in jail for this reason. He's getting what he deserves.

He's going to jail for hitting a woman. How is that getting lost here?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

7. Likes:

Joseph (06-16-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

He's going to jail for hitting a woman. How is that getting lost here?
    Because he isn't going to jail for that. Until he slapped the butt of his lawyer, the judge and prosecutor were on board with a sentence that included no jail time. Then the judge lost her mind over some perceived disrespect and sent him to jail. Yes, his record will always show that he went to jail for hitting a woman, but the only reason he will be in jail is because he slapped his lawyer on the butt and the judge got mad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    He's not going to jail for butt slapping his lawyer. He's going to jail for disrespecting the judge and her courtroom. He's hardly the first person to get some time in jail for this reason. He's getting what he deserves.
    Disrespecting someone should never be grounds for going to jail. Ever. Doing actual harm to someone, sure. Hurting someones feelings? Get over it crybaby.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Disrespecting someone should never be grounds for going to jail. Ever. Doing actual harm to someone, sure. Hurting someones feelings? Get over it crybaby.
    He's going to jail for not kissing the ring, basically.

But I'm glad we're all okay with with appointing one person judge, jury and executioner in our courtrooms.

Because he isn't going to jail for that. Until he slapped the butt of his lawyer, the judge and prosecutor were on board with a sentence that included no jail time. Then the judge lost her mind over some perceived disrespect and sent him to jail. Yes, his record will always show that he went to jail for hitting a woman, but the only reason he will be in jail is because he slapped his lawyer on the butt and the judge got mad about it.
    He's in trouble because he's a wife beater. Period! He's going to jail for 30 days after hitting a female who he was married to. Why are people so concerned about 30 days.

If he was in the court for shoplifting and slapped his attorney on the butt, nothing would have happened. Spousal abuse is a VERY serious charge. It was as much about the seriousness of the offense as anything else.

But keep focusing on the judge if you'd like.

12. Likes:

Joseph (06-16-2013),remdog (06-15-2013),Revering4Blue (06-15-2013)

He's in trouble because he's a wife beater. Period! He's going to jail for 30 days after hitting a female who he was married to. Why are people so concerned about 30 days.

If he was in the court for shoplifting and slapped his attorney on the butt, nothing would have happened. Spousal abuse is a VERY serious charge. It was as much about the seriousness of the offense as anything else.

But keep focusing on the judge if you'd like.
    Again, the judge was on board for the plea deal that he and the prosecution agreed to before he slapped the butt of his lawyer. The plea deal had no jail time involved. He is in jail because he slapped his lawyer on the butt, not because of him hitting a woman.

If the judge, before any of it happened, had said I am not down with this plea agreement, you are going to jail for 30 days, I would be perfectly fine with that. But that isn't how it happened. The judge was all aboard the Chad Whatevermylastnameisnow gets to plea out to no jail time with community service until he slapped his lawyer on the butt, then her feelings got hurt about it and she sent him to jail.

I am focusing on the judge because the judge acted like a 10-year-old on a power trip because she felt like someone disrespected her.

My stance is, you shouldn't be able to send someone to jail because they disrespected your emotions without a threat of something physical (something like "I will kill you" is an emotional thing that comes along with a physical threat). That is exactly what happened here though.

He is in jail because he slapped his lawyer on the butt, not because of him hitting a woman.
    Honestly, I'm dumbfounded by this. I don't get it at all.

Honestly, I'm dumbfounded by this. I don't get it at all.
    Then you weren't paying attention.

Let's try this nice and easy.

The judge and the prosecutor were on board for a plea deal that Chad whateverhislastname is would not serve jail time. Then the judge took offense to Chad smacking his lawyer on the butt and changed her mind about the deal. If Chad had never done that, he wouldn't be in jail. Therefor, Chad is in jail because he slapped his lawyer on the butt.

I was paying attention. I understand the arguments you made. I don't remotely agree and can't imagine worrying more about that than a guy hitting a woman. I understand what was agreed upon and that she changed her mind and why, but the charge was a very serious one and he was acting like a *****. You're saying because X happened, he's going jail. Had X not happened, he wouldn't be going to jail, therefore X is why he's going to jail. But X to you is the slap on the butt. If you insert "hit his wife" into the same equation, it still holds. Had he not hit a woman, he wouldn't be going to jail. That your X happened after the previous act doesn't change the calculus. If he doesn't hit his wife, he wouldn't even have been in the position where he needed lawyering to keep him out of jail. So in my mind, the only thing that could have guaranteed he didn't go to jail for the crime would have been not to do it in the first place. That's the most logical equation here, not the one you're getting behind.

He obviously wasn't taking the process seriously. I'm not saying she should have done what she did, but I don't blame her.

The guy hit a woman and people don't seem to care about that, but only that a judge pulled a little rank. Big freaking deal. In the world of hitting a woman vs a judge sending someone to jail for all of 30 days because she's on a little power trip, I know which one makes me angry. The guy abused his wife and he's going to jail for 30 days. Boo freaking hoo. But to each their own I guess.
    Last edited by MWM; 06-15-2013 at 11:07 PM.

17. Likes:

Joseph (06-16-2013),remdog (06-15-2013),Revering4Blue (06-16-2013)

No. He was in trouble with the law because he is a piece of crap who hit a woman. He is in jail because he slapped his lawyer on the butt.

I wouldn't care at all if he was sent to jail for hitting a woman. He should be. But that isn't what happened. He was sent to jail because the judge thought he was being disrespectful and that is a bunch of horse crap. Being disrespectful isn't reason to send one to jail unless it comes tied with a physical threat as well.

Wow, I'm stumped over the wasted energy in this thread. Chad is a complete zero of a human. Seems to me that there has to be a better cause to get salty about than this fool spending a few days in the clink.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Turn Off Ads?