Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo: Reds should trade for Morse and Perez

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yahoo: Reds should trade for Morse and Perez

Offering Heisey and a mid-level corner infield prospect with some pop like Neftali Soto could be enough for the Reds to rent both Perez and Morse for another post-season push and a World Series bid.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cincinn...XWtIX2U5SFCLcF

Heisey and Soto for Morse and Perez? And Seattle picks up salary difference. YES PLEASE!

A Morse-Paul platoon could be just what the doctor ordered in LF, at least for the rest of this season.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Likes:

REDREAD (06-12-2013)

Re: Yahoo: Reds should trade for Morse and Perez

Why would Seattle do that deal?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

LexRedsFan (06-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm sort of thinking the same thing. I enjoy fantasy trades as much as the next guy but this one makes no logical sense from Seattle's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I'm sort of thinking the same thing. I enjoy fantasy trades as much as the next guy but this one makes no logical sense from Seattle's perspective.
    Because this Cardinal menace must be stopped! Oh never mind...You're a Cardinal fan. Carry on with your great summer of the Cardinal.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I agree, but given that it came from Yahoo and wasn't just made up out of thin air (at least on a messageboard), I thought it was worth posting.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I agree, but given that it came from Yahoo and wasn't just made up out of thin air (at least on a messageboard), I thought it was worth posting.
    We don't know that it wasn't just made up out of thin air
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

The obvious answer....because they are the Mariners.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Because we want them to take our flotsam and jetsam and give us real value in return?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Because we want them to take our flotsam and jetsam and give us real value in return?
    I don't think this trade will happen and understand this article is bs, but I just want to point out the mariners have a history of getting fleeced in trades.

Carlos guillen for Ramon Santiago
    Doug fister for Casper wells, Charlie furbush and other flotsam
    Shin Soo Choo for Ben Broussard!
    Rafael Soriano for Horacio Ramirez
    Omar Vizquel to Cle for garbage
    Tino Martinez and Jeff Nelson to Yankees for garbage
    Adam Jones for Eric bedard
    Derek Lowe and Jason varitek for heathcliff slocumb

Morse is a free agent and will leave in all likelyhood leave Seattle (a pitcher's park) at season's end anyway. I'm not interested in another 1 year rental. If they can reach an extension before trading for him then I'd jump on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cincinn...XWtIX2U5SFCLcF

Heisey and Soto for Morse and Perez? And Seattle picks up salary difference. YES PLEASE!

A Morse-Paul platoon could be just what the doctor ordered in LF, at least for the rest of this season.
    Heck yea, I would do it.

For those saying that it's unrealistic..
    How about Heisey straight up for Oliver Perez?
    I think that's somewhat realistic.
    Or maybe Soto and a C prospect for Perez (going by what Broxton cost last year, which was not much, also assuming the Mariners want Soto as he was mentioned in the article.)
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I doubt those two do the trick for Morse and Perez, but that offer isn't crazy talk. It's in the ballpark.

Remember Heisey is young and cheap, and a good 4th outfielder. He has value. Soto is a top ten prospect for the Reds, and is exactly the type of prospect that gets traded at the deadline.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I'd do it in a flash, but this author must be smoking something. The M's could probably get more than that for Perez by himself. Perhaps if the Reds were taking on Morse salary it could be workable by throwing in say H-Rod and Corcino with Heisey and Soto. Sub Lutz for H-Rod or Soto and they may cover Morse cash, but the deal as shown is pretty unrealistic.
    Last edited by mth123; 06-12-2013 at 03:35 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'd do it in a flash, but this author must be smoking something. The M's could probably get more than that for Perez by himself. Perhaps if the Reds were taking on Morse salary it could be workable by throwing in say H-Rod and Corcino with Heisey and Soto. Sub Lutz for H-Rod or Soto and they may cover Morse cash, but the deal as shown is pretty unrealistic.
    If they can get that, or something similar, for ONLY Perez then they should take it and run. Perez is one of those guys that's just an enigma. He's never been able to maintain his control and he'll be a free agent after the season. He might be dealt in the next month + but I doubt it will be for THAT much. I like your line of thinking that the Reds should consider acquiring a reliever but I think they should be careful to NOT overpay.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 06-12-2013 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    If they can get that, or something similar, for ONLY Perez then they should take it and run. Perez is one of those guys that's just an enigma. He's never been able to maintain his control and he'll be a free agent after the season. He might be dealt in the next month + but I doubt it will be for THAT much. I like your line of thinking that the Reds should consider acquiring a reliever but I think they should be careful to NOT overpay.
    I know Perez' history, but he's been an effective LH reliever in both 2012 and 2013 and teams are always looking for those. They'll get something they can use in the future. Soto is just a lottery ticket now and Heisey is a 4th OF with a decent but not all that rare skillset. They'd probably rather have just one guy who has more of a future than either and probably could get it. Morse will probably go for less, though RH power has been a little hard to come by lately. They could probably get a decent prospect (not a top 100 guy) if they'd pay his salary.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?