Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo: Reds should trade for Morse and Perez

Re: Yahoo: Reds should trade for Morse and Perez

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...orsemi01.shtml

Morse is righthanded.

Kind of funny. So many people are dogging Morse, that he's no good. But then when someone proposes a deal to get him, they say the M's will want more than that.

If Morse isn't that good, it shouldn't take much to get him. Especially as a rental.

2011 - .303/.360/.550/.910, 31 HR's - 146 games
    2012 - .291/.321/.470/.791, 18 HR's - 102 games
    Currently hitting in a pitcher's park. Might give his offense a jolt hitting in GABP.

Neftali Soto has no future with the Reds. He'll be a 1B or DH in the majors. He's a 4A player right now. I'd offer him straight up for Morse.

If they say no, no big deal.
    I meant left fielder not left handed. We've been fine with unexpected production from Paul/Robinson/Heisey but sustaining that is questionable. Morse could solidify that. His value is lower than it's been in years so maaaaaaybe this could happen? I would be extremely happy if it did.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The LF bunch has given the team the following line:

.261/.333/.386/.719
    6 HR
    30 RBI
    27 RS
    4 SB
    271 TPA

13th in OPS in the NL (NL average for LF .781)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Why would the M's want to trade a cheap useful player for a cheap questionably useful one?
    I'm sure there's plenty of M's fans clamoring to "get value" out of Morse, just like there were fans here clamoring to trade Ramon Hernandez in his last year here.

Not saying it's completely flawed or correct.. but Morse is struggling there, not much use for him in the short term or long term..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I'm sure there's plenty of M's fans clamoring to "get value" out of Morse, just like there were fans here clamoring to trade Ramon Hernandez in his last year here.

Not saying it's completely flawed or correct.. but Morse is struggling there, not much use for him in the short term or long term..
    Yeah, I buy that. I guess I'm just not sure that Neftali Soto has enough of the value they'd be hoping for.

Yeah, I buy that. I guess I'm just not sure that Neftali Soto has enough of the value they'd be hoping for.

That's true as well.
    I can see the argument that trading Morse for scraps (and they aren't likely to get more than scraps) is hardly worth Seattle's effort.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    The LF bunch has given the team the following line:

.261/.333/.386/.719
    6 HR
    30 RBI
    27 RS
    4 SB
    271 TPA

13th in OPS in the NL (NL average for LF .781)
    A chunk of that includes Heisey's horrible April. The question is what to expect from a Paul/Robinson platoon going forward.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    A chunk of that includes Heisey's horrible April. The question is what to expect from a Paul/Robinson platoon going forward.
    I can't imagine it would be much better than this. And I'm okay with that for now.

BTW, there is absolutely no reason to expect D-Rob to continue producing at the current level. Zero reason. Of all the current LF options, he is by far the most likely to end up being a "Juan Castro-esque out." His OPS at AAA was .668.

BTW, there is absolutely no reason to expect D-Rob to continue producing at the current level. Zero reason. Of all the current LF options, he is by far the most likely to end up being a "Juan Castro-esque out." His OPS at AAA was .668.
    I agree. DRobb has been a pleasant surprise so far, but he doesn't have the power to continue this success.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

If you want a LF, how about one that is hitting this line:

.305 .402 .684 20 HR's 29 BB's in 174 AB's.

Anyone remember Wladimir Balentien?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Yes! Where is he?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Yes! Where is he?
    Tokyo. Birthplace of Godzilla, land of the haiku.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

14. Likes:

coachpipe (06-13-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (06-15-2013)

Balentein is becoming a Japanese legend.

Never understood why the Reds got rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Balentein is becoming a Japanese legend.

Never understood why the Reds got rid of him.
    There were probably several things that went into the decision one of which was that he really wasn't that good.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    There were probably several things that went into the decision one of which was that he really wasn't that good.
    I disagree. On the not that good part. He was young, had power potential, was controllable and cheap.

IMO there was an underlying issue. Dunno what, but something. If he were 30 at the time, just breaking in, maybe.

Turn Off Ads?