Thread: Rooting for the front runner...

Re: Rooting for the front runner...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Not even when chased?
    I don't have to be faster than the bear, I just have to be faster than you

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I didn't mean drama. I meant that they shot a combined 39% in that game. Butler shot 34% and shot a combined 26% in the two finals.
    Those teams also played some tremendous defense. To each his own, I'll acknowledge I prefer the sloppier play of college ball to the higher skill play of the NBA. I fully admit professional players are a marvel to watch but the NBA to me is like watching paint dry until the playoffs. I like drama and atmosphere, and college ball delivers that on a level the NBA doesn't for the first 82 games. In the end, every other sport is just a time filler until baseball season for me any way.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I totally disagree. This Heat team isn't all that good. They're basically Lebron and a bunch of role players. And Lebron is struggling right now.
    I'm talking about the hype, though. And that's unfair to Wade and Bosh to say they are role players. You could say the same thing for many of MJ's teams. Just because you aren't rooting for the Heat (and I'm not either) doesn't mean you have to be a hater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Miami.

And it's not even close.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/...-antonio-spurs

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/mia/miami-heat

Really? take out lebron and wade and parker and duncan

Neal,Ginobili,Green, Leonard > Cole, chalmers, allen and miller So to say its not even close is just not true.

Bosh hasnt done much and honestly he doesnt really do much for a "star"

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/...-antonio-spurs

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/mia/miami-heat

Really? take out lebron and wade and parker and duncan

Neal,Ginobili,Green, Leonard > Cole, chalmers, allen and miller So to say its not even close is just not true.

Bosh hasnt done much and honestly he doesnt really do much for a "star"
    Anderson, Haslem, Battier, Lewis, Jones, Anthony > Splitter, Bonner, Blair, Diaw, Joseph.

Miller, who would be the six or seventh man on most teams, is the 8th or 9th man off of the bench. Removing Parker, Duncan, James, and Wade from the equation, the Heat are still a much deeper team when constructing a starting lineup/bench consisting of remaining players. Heat players such as Lewis, Jones and Anthony would be key 6-8 rotational players on most teams.

IMO, this Heat team is the deepest Championship caliber NBA team since the 82-83 76ers.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Anderson, Haslem, Battier, Lewis, Jones, Anthony > Splitter, Bonner, Blair, Diaw, Joseph.

Miller, who would be the six or seventh man on most teams, is the 8th or 9th man off of the bench. Removing Parker, Duncan, James, and Wade from the equation, the Heat are still a much deeper team when constructing a starting lineup/bench consisting of remaining players. Heat players such as Lewis, Jones and Anthony would be key 6-8 rotational players on most teams.

IMO, this Heat team is the deepest Championship caliber NBA team since the 82-83 76ers.
    I just dont see that. Miller is old and granted he is playing well in the finals(for the second year in a row) but he is usually MIA. Battier, after playing and starting most of the season cant even find the floor right now. And Rashard Lewis cant ever find the floor . And when he does hes just there. Anthony and Jones dont even play. Bosh doesnt play like a star and IMO Splitter has shown he can compete and play with Bosh any day of the week.

I think this matchup is a GREAT finals matchup and dont see anyone as an underdog. Maybe as far bandwagon fans go, but then you would have to count all the people who hate Lebron and are rooting against the Heat for that reason alone.

The way I see it. Lebron and Wade vs Duncan and Parker is a wash as far as production goes. Then id say Ginobili, Danny Green and Gary Neal give you about the same as Chalmers, Cole, Miller/Battier. And of these last 7 that I just mentioned a few from both teams are inconsistent

So again..In the end what im trying to say is this is a great matchup for the NBA. GO HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm talking about the hype, though. And that's unfair to Wade and Bosh to say they are role players. You could say the same thing for many of MJ's teams. Just because you aren't rooting for the Heat (and I'm not either) doesn't mean you have to be a hater.
    I'm actually rooting for the Heat, even though I don't have an NBA team I regularly pull for. I'm definitely not hating. Unfair or not, Wade and Bosh have basically been role players in the postseason. MJ could always count on Pippen. Wade and Bosh can't be counted on to carry much of a load right now. It's Lebron or bust for the Heat at this point.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    I just dont see that. Miller is old and granted he is playing well in the finals(for the second year in a row) but he is usually MIA. Battier, after playing and starting most of the season cant even find the floor right now. And Rashard Lewis cant ever find the floor . And when he does hes just there. Anthony and Jones dont even play. Bosh doesnt play like a star and IMO Splitter has shown he can compete and play with Bosh any day of the week.

I think this matchup is a GREAT finals matchup and dont see anyone as an underdog. Maybe as far bandwagon fans go, but then you would have to count all the people who hate Lebron and are rooting against the Heat for that reason alone.

The way I see it. Lebron and Wade vs Duncan and Parker is a wash as far as production goes. Then id say Ginobili, Danny Green and Gary Neal give you about the same as Chalmers, Cole, Miller/Battier. And of these last 7 that I just mentioned a few from both teams are inconsistent

So again..In the end what im trying to say is this is a great matchup for the NBA.
    GO HEAT
    Agreed.

Full disclosure: I'd love for this series to go 7, with all remaining games going to overtime. Now that the Pacers have been eliminated,I really don't have an emotional investment in it at all.

It's a shame that Wade isn't 100 per cent.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I'm sick of the underdog. Always so plucky, always scrapping to win ugly. The overdog doesn't get nearly enough credit. You know, the players who are phenomenal at the game they play.

The occasional major upset is fine, but I'm pro excellence. Also, in major pro sports the whole concept of underdog is a bit fuzzy. Generally you get two fairly good teams in a championship series or contest.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm sick of the underdog. Always so plucky, always scrapping to win ugly. The overdog doesn't get nearly enough credit. You know, the players who are phenomenal at the game they play.

The occasional major upset is fine, but I'm pro excellence. Also, in major pro sports the whole concept of underdog is a bit fuzzy. Generally you get two fairly good teams in a championship series or contest.
    The NBA Finals were an excellent example of what happens when the underdog doesn't win. Would that series have been nearly as entertaining if Indiana had won? I really doubt it.

As for the Duke vs.Butler final from earlier, I agree that those teams played great defense, but it is much more likely that a great team with top level talent will be more likely to have the ability to overcome that defense.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

There was nothing wrong with the Duke/Butler final. The Butler/UConn final, on the other hand, was odious.

13. Likes:

Boss-Hog (06-27-2013),Revering4Blue (06-24-2013)

Turn Off Ads?