Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/12/2013 Reds at Cubs Afternoon Game

Re: 6/12/2013 Reds at Cubs Afternoon Game

Reds offense missing in action today?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hey is travis wood throwing a no hitter? As far as i can tell he has not given up a hit which would make this a no hitter in progress!

4. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (06-12-2013)

So far, thru 4 innings, Travis Wood is throwing a NO HITTER and a SHUT OUT against the Reds.

[Jinx]
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

6. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (06-12-2013)

Does it work if it's a fan of the other team that mentions it?

Still wondering what possessed Baker, a manager consumed with "splitting up the lefties" to bunch them up -- against a lefty.

Against a righty, no problem, would fully support it, the Cubs did it today, five lefties in a row against Leake.

Why suddenly did the Reds bunch their lefties against a lefty? I guess it doesn't matter if the team gets no hits, but just strikes me as a really odd move.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Travis Wood is throwing a no-hitter. I'm surprised the Reds still don't have a hit. When was the last time the Reds got no-hit? Has Travis Wood ever thrown a no-hitter? A no-hitter is pretty rare.

Is that enough? No?

No-hitter, no-hitter, no-hitter, no-hitter, no-hitter, no-hitter, no-hitter, no-hitter, no-hitter, no-hitter...that aught'a do it. :O)

10. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-12-2013),ProfessorTofty (06-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Still wondering what possessed Baker, a manager consumed with "splitting up the lefties" to bunch them up -- against a lefty.

Against a righty, no problem, would fully support it, the Cubs did it today, five lefties in a row against Leake.

Why suddenly did the Reds bunch their lefties against a lefty? I guess it doesn't matter if the team gets no hits, but just strikes me as a really odd move.
    I'm tellin ya, after the game Dusty is going to say "I told you so." This is a win-win for him. If the lineup works Dusty will take credit, if the lineup doesn't work Dusty will say "And THAT, ladies and gentlemen is why you don't bunch lefties!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

Bruce and Votto are #2 and #3 regulars hitting vs. lefties. Choo moving to second allows the speedster at the front, and potentially gives him the benefit of seeing better pitches with Votto behind him.

I love this lineup.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Frazier almost had one there, but it's just a long foul.

Takes a walk, instead, but it's not like Wood had a perfect game anyway. Come on, let's do some damage!

"So Fla Red"

No hitter alert, no hitter alert...

Odd to see all those empty rows in the lower deck of Wrigley. Dude retrieved the long foul ball without much competition.

Time for Mes to run into one.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

"So Fla Red"

Bad 2-0 swing there from Mes on a high ball 3...

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I probably hate Cubs fans as much as most here, but I love Wrigley. I love the ivy, I love the bleachers and I especially love the bullpens being right there by the fans along the lines. Yes, it may be dirty and the fans are obnoxious...but it's still a fun place to sit and watch a game on a sunny afternoon.

Let's see if Mr. Automatic Out can get on base with luck or something.

Should take the next two pitches here.

Turn Off Ads?