Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stephenson to the DL

Stephenson to the DL

Jesus Adame was activated from the DL today and Robert Stephenson took his place. Looks like no All-Star Game for Stephenson.

Oh yeah, he went on to the DL because of a strained left hamstring.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Stephenson to the DL

I've never been more afraid to click anything in my life. It wouldn't have hurt to throw a hamstring in the title Dave!

4. Likes:

camisadelgolf (06-16-2013),Edd Roush (06-13-2013),Red Raindog (06-14-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (06-13-2013),Tom Servo (06-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I've never been more afraid to click anything in my life. It wouldn't have hurt to throw a hamstring in the title Dave!
    What's life without a little suspense?

6. Likes:

camisadelgolf (06-16-2013)

Weird. Saw him yesterday and he didn't look like he was having any trouble walking. Maybe they are promoting him and didn't want him in the AS game?

I'm guessing this is a way to limit the innings a bit. He's already pitched more innings than last year (I know he probably had some innings in extended spring that aren't counted). At 66.2 now, my guess is they'd lke him to finish with something in the 130 to 140 range and this skips a couple starts and any All Star innings. He has had a little over 100 IP in Dayton now split over two seasons. I wonder if a promotion is due.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Weird. Saw him yesterday and he didn't look like he was having any trouble walking. Maybe they are promoting him and didn't want him in the AS game?
    Doubtful.

I heard about the injury a day before anything was announced, so it seems that they wanted to wait and see how it was the next day before making a move.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Doubtful.

I heard about the injury a day before anything was announced, so it seems that they wanted to wait and see how it was the next day before making a move.
    So you doubt this is a phanton injury? Am I correct in assuming this kind of injury will not effect Stephenson long-term?

Stephenson is most definitely hurt. Has nothing to do with anything other than the fact that he is hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Stephenson is most definitely hurt. Has nothing to do with anything other than the fact that he is hurt.
    redsof72, is there concern that this will be a lingering problem and will significantly hinder Stephenson's development?

I just hope they give him extra time to heal the injury and get the leg strengthened. Leg injuries can throw off a pitcher's delivery and lead to an arm injury if mishandled.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    redsof72, is there concern that this will be a lingering problem and will significantly hinder Stephenson's development?
    Why would it? It is a hamstring, not something in his arm.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Why would it? It is a hamstring, not something in his arm.
    That's what I figured. I just figured I would ask redsof72 in case he wanted to share.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    What's life without a little suspense?
    Well you are out of my will (again)

The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Torn hamstring. They will let it heal completely, and then with a pitcher, he goes on a throwing program. No timetable. A month would not be a surprise. Terrible luck. He was dealing.

It had been interesting for the last couple of starts to hear scouts debate what would happen if he had gone straight to the bigs, which was not going to happen, but still prompted hypotheticals.

His last start, he did not throw a fastball under 96, topped out at 100, and one scout told me he put his slider down as a 70 (that's 70 on the scout's rating scale, not 70 mph). Just for reference, a 70 tool is considered to be a tool typical of somewhere between a franchise player and a perennial all-star. And that's his second best pitch.

A different scout told me the only player in baseball he would trade Stephenson for right now was Trout. You can take that for what it's worth...just a guy talking.
    Last edited by redsof72; 06-14-2013 at 06:57 PM.

18. Likes:

camisadelgolf (06-16-2013),Edd Roush (06-15-2013),mdccclxix (06-15-2013),OnBaseMachine (06-14-2013),Screwball (06-15-2013)

How common is that for a pitcher to tear their hamstring while pitching? I don't think that I have ever heard of that before.

Turn Off Ads?