Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mez/Heisey for Brothers/Young Jr.

Mez/Heisey for Brothers/Young Jr.

Back in December, I recall reading that there was a potential Reds/Rox Mighty Mez for Dexter Fowler deal in the works. My question is, do the Rox still see Mesoraco as a "high octane" prospect, & be willing to trade LH reliever stud Rex Brothers?

Brothers is a 25yr old LH reliever w/ a live arm, & great stats: http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/team...meType=%27R%27 who could fill a glaring Reds need & help shore up the pen for years to come. (He's also out of Tennesse, & would probably feel right at home in a Reds uniform.)

Also, seeing that the Rox just placed Eric Young Jr. on waivers, we could swap out a couple of players in Young/Heisey who both need a change of scenery & could be good bench players for their new teams. EY hit pretty good last year, has speed to burn (great pinch-runner), & can also backup both infield/outfield positions.

I think this would be a pretty even deal talent-wise. Would you make this deal if you were Jocketty? Do you think the Rockies would pull the trigger?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mez/Heisey for Brothers/Young Jr.

No, it seems like selling Mez way too low, and I would take Heisey over Young. Brothers' walk rate is also scary, and his LOB% is obviously not sustainable.

They have Rosario why would they want Mez?

The rockies would def make this trade because it is so one-sided in their favor.

The reds would never consider doing this trade for one simple reason: who would the backup catcher be?

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    They have Rosario why would they want Mez?
    There were rumors that they wanted Mez in the off-season. Personally, since you brought it up, I just checked out Rosario's stats & he does look like the better of the two C prospects. It looks like we may have missed the train on striking a Mez deal.

I do like Rex Brothers alot though. 25yr LH, '09 1st rd (comp) pick, two good years experience in MLB, 0.31 era this year (heck he just picked up the save against us last week). '09 Scouting report: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/...ntent=brothers. If not Mez highlighting the deal, do u think the Rox might have their eye on someone else that we've got?

Can't wait to have Corky catch 50 games! In two years The Reds will have a 34 year old catcher and Corky, can't get any better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Can't wait to have Corky catch 50 games! In two years The Reds will have a 34 year old catcher and Corky, can't get any better than that.
    2014 FA Catchers

Henry Blanco (42)
    John Buck (33)
    Jesus Flores (29)
    Ramon Hernandez (38)
    Brian McCann (30)
    Jose Molina (38)
    Dioner Navarro (30)
    Wil Nieves (36)
    Miguel Olivo (35)
    Ronny Paulino (33)
    Brayan Pena (32)
    A.J. Pierzynski (37)
    Humberto Quintero (34)
    Carlos Ruiz (35)
    Jarrod Saltalamacchia (29)
    Kelly Shoppach (34)
    Chris Snyder (33)
    Geovany Soto (31)
    Kurt Suzuki (30)
    Yorvit Torrealba (35)

I'd be cool w/ McCann or Saltalamacchia......
    Heck, if it means adding a young stud LH arm (Brothers) for our '13 WS Champ Reds (& beyond), you could count me in for another run of Dioner Navarro next year
    Last edited by Pacman Fever; 06-13-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman Fever View Post
    There were rumors that they wanted Mez in the off-season. Personally, since you brought it up, I just checked out Rosario's stats & he does look like the better of the two C prospects. It looks like we may have missed the train on striking a Mez deal.

I do like Rex Brothers alot though. 25yr LH, '09 1st rd (comp) pick, two good years experience in MLB, 0.31 era this year (heck he just picked up the save against us last week). '09 Scouting report: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/...ntent=brothers. If not Mez highlighting the deal, do u think the Rox might have their eye on someone else that we've got?
    Step back for a moment and realize you are talking about trading one of the hardest positions to fill on a baseball team with one of the easiest positions to fill on a baseball team.

10. Likes:

kfm (06-15-2013),marcshoe (06-13-2013),reds1869 (06-13-2013)

2014 FA Catchers

Henry Blanco (42)
    John Buck (33)
    Jesus Flores (29)
    Ramon Hernandez (38)
    Brian McCann (30)
    Jose Molina (38)
    Dioner Navarro (30)
    Wil Nieves (36)
    Miguel Olivo (35)
    Ronny Paulino (33)
    Brayan Pena (32)
    A.J. Pierzynski (37)
    Humberto Quintero (34)
    Carlos Ruiz (35)
    Jarrod Saltalamacchia (29)
    Kelly Shoppach (34)
    Chris Snyder (33)
    Geovany Soto (31)
    Kurt Suzuki (30)
    Yorvit Torrealba (35)

I'd be cool w/ McCann or Saltalamacchia......
    Heck, if it means adding a young stud LH arm (Brothers) for our '13 WS Champ Reds (& beyond), you could count me in for another run of Dioner Navarro next year
    Wow a bunch of 30 year old catchers more than half are crap, McCann ain't gonna be cheap

Pass

12. Likes:

coachpipe (06-13-2013),reds1869 (06-13-2013),Tom Servo (06-13-2013)

Would rather have Fowler for prospects than Young Jr and Brothers.

Heisey and a few prospects for Willingham and Perkins?

EMAW

That sounds like a bad APBA trade

On an afternoon where "The Confederate" Curtis Partch was by far our best reliever, I'm pretty sure a 25yr old LH 1st rd pick w/ a 0.30 era (1 run in 29.2 innings) could've infact made quite a difference........just sayin'

On an afternoon where "The Confederate" Curtis Partch was by far our best reliever, I'm pretty sure a 25yr old LH 1st rd pick w/ a 0.30 era (1 run in 29.2 innings) could've infact made quite a difference........just sayin'
    So offer up something that isn't a mid 20's second year catcher.

17. Likes:

kfm (06-15-2013)

You know, by the end of the year you all are gonna wish that we had made this trade. Maz can't even beat out Hanigan offensively, and is also 1/2 a disease defensively. Heisey will make 0 Cincinnati impact this year & will be let go either this year or next.

Rex Brothers: http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/team...meType=%27R%27 is gonna be a superstar for the next 4 years, and even EY Jr. will catch on somewhere and end up having a better career than either Robinson or Lutz.

We shall all see

I Like Brothers, mostly because he's the second major leaguer from my alma mater (the first is his pitching coach and the third is in Pensacola) but trading Mez for his would be a mistake.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?