Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041

Thread: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Yankees are in the 18th inning against the A's and they lost the last two days, Rivera is their only pitcher who has not pitched in that series (save 2 starters)
    he comes in and gives up a bloop single, intentionally walks a guy and then gives up another bloop single.

Damn Dusty Baker!

2. Likes:

Todd Gack (06-14-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

The whole team including Dusty can take the blame for that one.

Offense mailed it in after 6.
    Bullpen blew it.
    Latos was good but still gave up 4.
    Dusty use of the bullpen was questionable as usual.

I listened to WLW on my way home from the movie. Announcers on WLW are having a field day on Dusty right now.

I went to see a movie around the top of the 14th inning. Stay away from "This is the End". One of the worst movies I've ever seen. I didn't hear a chuckle until halfway through the movie. Almost zero laughs. Extremely over the top shock vulgarness. Just flat out terrible. I'd have rather watched the Reds lose.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Did you ever find an example of how I "attack" or "go after" people? You said that I did that. I also think you said I did that in every game thread.
    You know what you do, NR, and I didn't say it was every game thread. You are far from the guiltiest when it comes to this stuff. Your jabs are more of the subtle variety. I don't personally have a problem with you, so don't take it that way. I guess I just don't get why any posters think they have the right to criticize other posters just because of different opinions, especially in game threads where knee jerk reactions are the rule, not the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    So, what the heck is Dusty suppose to do, have a guy up in the pen in the 1st inning...you know...just in case!!! Mind blowing
    I was referring to the situations lately where the Reds led by one run (or two) heading to the 7th or 8th inning and Dusty either sent the starter back out or brought in a struggling reliever (neither of which I've complained about), but didn't have anyone warming in the bullpen in case the pitcher ran into trouble (that's the head-scratcher). You knew what I was referring to. When you have a guy who's struggling as badly as Lecure is lately, why not get Hoover ready just in case?

What's "mind blowing" is posters who will alter the meaning of someone else's post, for no other reason than to argue or criticize another poster. There's way too much of that on this site. You guys keep making excuses for all these games we let get away, while telling everyone else to see the "big picture". Well guess what, every game is included in the "big picture". I hope these games don't come back to haunt us, but at this point we don't know, do we?

7. Likes:

Vottomatic (06-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I was referring to the situations lately where the Reds led by one run (or two) heading to the 7th or 8th inning and Dusty either sent the starter back out or brought in a struggling reliever (neither of which I've complained about), but didn't have anyone warming in the bullpen in case the pitcher ran into trouble (that's the head-scratcher). You knew what I was referring to. When you have a guy who's struggling as badly as Lecure is lately, why not get Hoover ready just in case?

What's "mind blowing" is posters who will alter the meaning of someone else's post, for no other reason than to argue or criticize another poster. There's way too much of that on this site. You guys keep making excuses for all these games we let get away, while telling everyone else to see the "big picture". Well guess what, every game is included in the "big picture". I hope these games don't come back to haunt us, but at this point we don't know, do we?
    1. Who's making excuses?

2. Since Hoover has also been struggling. who starts warming up when he comes in.

3. Having Hoover warmed and ready, doesn't seem like much of an advantage.

You're basically saying that after the 6th inning, somebody should constantly be warming up except when Chapman's pitching. That practice will wear out your bullpen by the allstar break.

Lecure didn't do what he gets paid to do. Its frustrating, but its nobody's fault but his.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    You know what you do, NR, and I didn't say it was every game thread. You are far from the guiltiest when it comes to this stuff. Your jabs are more of the subtle variety. I don't personally have a problem with you, so don't take it that way. I guess I just don't get why any posters think they have the right to criticize other posters just because of different opinions, especially in game threads where knee jerk reactions are the rule, not the exception.
    Come on, it's hard not to take it personally when you singled me out and said I attack and go after people. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. People offer their opinions on here, and then other people agree or disagree with those opinions. Like you, I agree with some people, and disagree with others. If you can show me one example where I've "attacked" or "gone after" someone in a disrespectful manner, then let's talk about it. Otherwise, I think you're way off base.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    1. Who's making excuses?

2. Since Hoover has also been struggling. who starts warming up when he comes in.

3. Having Hoover warmed and ready, doesn't seem like much of an advantage.

You're basically saying that after the 6th inning, somebody should constantly be warming up except when Chapman's pitching. That practice will wear out your bullpen by the allstar break.

Lecure didn't do what he gets paid to do. Its frustrating, but its nobody's fault but his.
    That's not at all what I'm saying, because these situations happen maybe once a week, not every day. But the losses all count towards the big picture. You're talking in hindsight, while I'm referring to the time of the game this stuff occurred. If you assume the Cubs don't score in the 8th and Chapman pitches the 9th, this is all moot. No one has struggled more than Sam lately and that's why I thought someone else should have been ready. Sam should have come out when he allowed his first base runner. Again, my opinion is based on several similar incidents (not just Sam's outings) recently in which no one was warming in the bullpen while we had to stick with a pitcher who was giving up the lead. We're talking about a pitcher or two pitching another 1/3 or 2/3 IP a week (a couple innings a month, maybe). If that's really going to effect the entire season's outcome, then something is wrong.

I'm not putting all the blame on Sam. Losses are never the fault of one player. It's usually a combination of things, and it was today too. I have a bigger issue with our offense the last 8 innings (other than Bruce), but we all seem to be in agreement there.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

It would have seemed like the bullpen was rested after the last 3 games. Not sure why guys couldn't go more than 1 inning. Some of them probably needed the work.

Didn't Leake go 8 innings yesterday?
    Didn't Homer go 8?
    Cingrani went 7 didn't he?

I don't understand why the bullpen needs coddled so much. Especially when our starters are going deep into games.

12. Likes:

oregonred (06-13-2013)

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    It would have seemed like the bullpen was rested after the last 3 games. Not sure why guys couldn't go more than 1 inning. Some of them probably needed the work.

Didn't Leake go 8 innings yesterday?
    Didn't Homer go 8?
    Cingrani went 7 didn't he?

I don't understand why the bullpen needs coddled so much. Especially when our starters are going deep into games.
    I agree. The Reds had eight high leverage bullpen pitches since Sunday night. Eight total pitches in an easy 1-2-3 inning by Chapman yesterday...

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Bullpen blew it.

I listened to WLW on my way home from the movie. Announcers on WLW are having a field day on Dusty right now.

I went to see a movie around the top of the 14th inning. Stay away from "This is the End". One of the worst movies I've ever seen. I didn't hear a chuckle until halfway through the movie. Almost zero laughs. Extremely over the top shock vulgarness. Just flat out terrible. I'd have rather watched the Reds lose.
    Man, you sure are a pleasant guy.

Bullpen blew it.

Everyone I have talked to that has seen the really liked it. It currently has over an 80% on rotten tomatoes. Surprised you thought it was that bad. What is your favorite comedy?

The angst in this thread is just a tad surprising. I think the order of the loss is the reason. What I mean is, the Cards won 2 of 3 from a weak Met team but a win came in the final game. They are happy.

The Reds did better, winning 3 of 4 but lost the last game. If the Reds had lost the 1st, and won the next 3.....happy!

Now, roll the ugliness!

17. Likes:

757690 (06-14-2013),HeatherC1212 (06-14-2013),Red Raindog (06-14-2013),RedTeamGo! (06-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    This one always comes to mind

I like you as a poster OBM, you're a smart guy, but you don't seem to give your favorite team much slack.
    Haha, I remember that. I was a huge fan of Wily Mo at the time, but IIRC later in that thread I came around to liking that deal. I was a big fan of Krivsky as well.

19. Likes:

Raisor (06-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Haha, I remember that. I was a huge fan of Wily Mo at the time, but IIRC later in that thread I came around to liking that deal. I was a big fan of Krivsky as well.
    At least you gave it an F+. You could have gone F-

Turn Off Ads?