Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
Results 601 to 614 of 614

Thread: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

  1. #601
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,309

    Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Yankees are in the 18th inning against the A's and they lost the last two days, Rivera is their only pitcher who has not pitched in that series (save 2 starters)
    he comes in and gives up a bloop single, intentionally walks a guy and then gives up another bloop single.

    Damn Dusty Baker!

  2. Likes:

    Todd Gack (06-14-2013)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #602
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

    The whole team including Dusty can take the blame for that one.

    Offense mailed it in after 6.
    Bullpen blew it.
    Latos was good but still gave up 4.
    Dusty use of the bullpen was questionable as usual.

    I listened to WLW on my way home from the movie. Announcers on WLW are having a field day on Dusty right now.

    I went to see a movie around the top of the 14th inning. Stay away from "This is the End". One of the worst movies I've ever seen. I didn't hear a chuckle until halfway through the movie. Almost zero laughs. Extremely over the top shock vulgarness. Just flat out terrible. I'd have rather watched the Reds lose.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  5. #603
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Did you ever find an example of how I "attack" or "go after" people? You said that I did that. I also think you said I did that in every game thread.
    You know what you do, NR, and I didn't say it was every game thread. You are far from the guiltiest when it comes to this stuff. Your jabs are more of the subtle variety. I don't personally have a problem with you, so don't take it that way. I guess I just don't get why any posters think they have the right to criticize other posters just because of different opinions, especially in game threads where knee jerk reactions are the rule, not the exception.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  6. #604
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    So, what the heck is Dusty suppose to do, have a guy up in the pen in the 1st inning...you know...just in case!!! Mind blowing
    I was referring to the situations lately where the Reds led by one run (or two) heading to the 7th or 8th inning and Dusty either sent the starter back out or brought in a struggling reliever (neither of which I've complained about), but didn't have anyone warming in the bullpen in case the pitcher ran into trouble (that's the head-scratcher). You knew what I was referring to. When you have a guy who's struggling as badly as Lecure is lately, why not get Hoover ready just in case?

    What's "mind blowing" is posters who will alter the meaning of someone else's post, for no other reason than to argue or criticize another poster. There's way too much of that on this site. You guys keep making excuses for all these games we let get away, while telling everyone else to see the "big picture". Well guess what, every game is included in the "big picture". I hope these games don't come back to haunt us, but at this point we don't know, do we?
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  7. Likes:

    Vottomatic (06-13-2013)

  8. #605
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,398

    Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

    Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I was referring to the situations lately where the Reds led by one run (or two) heading to the 7th or 8th inning and Dusty either sent the starter back out or brought in a struggling reliever (neither of which I've complained about), but didn't have anyone warming in the bullpen in case the pitcher ran into trouble (that's the head-scratcher). You knew what I was referring to. When you have a guy who's struggling as badly as Lecure is lately, why not get Hoover ready just in case?

    What's "mind blowing" is posters who will alter the meaning of someone else's post, for no other reason than to argue or criticize another poster. There's way too much of that on this site. You guys keep making excuses for all these games we let get away, while telling everyone else to see the "big picture". Well guess what, every game is included in the "big picture". I hope these games don't come back to haunt us, but at this point we don't know, do we?
    1. Who's making excuses?

    2. Since Hoover has also been struggling. who starts warming up when he comes in.

    3. Having Hoover warmed and ready, doesn't seem like much of an advantage.

    You're basically saying that after the 6th inning, somebody should constantly be warming up except when Chapman's pitching. That practice will wear out your bullpen by the allstar break.

    Lecure didn't do what he gets paid to do. Its frustrating, but its nobody's fault but his.

  9. #606
    Member NebraskaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

    Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    You know what you do, NR, and I didn't say it was every game thread. You are far from the guiltiest when it comes to this stuff. Your jabs are more of the subtle variety. I don't personally have a problem with you, so don't take it that way. I guess I just don't get why any posters think they have the right to criticize other posters just because of different opinions, especially in game threads where knee jerk reactions are the rule, not the exception.
    Come on, it's hard not to take it personally when you singled me out and said I attack and go after people. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. People offer their opinions on here, and then other people agree or disagree with those opinions. Like you, I agree with some people, and disagree with others. If you can show me one example where I've "attacked" or "gone after" someone in a disrespectful manner, then let's talk about it. Otherwise, I think you're way off base.

  10. #607
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    1. Who's making excuses?

    2. Since Hoover has also been struggling. who starts warming up when he comes in.

    3. Having Hoover warmed and ready, doesn't seem like much of an advantage.

    You're basically saying that after the 6th inning, somebody should constantly be warming up except when Chapman's pitching. That practice will wear out your bullpen by the allstar break.

    Lecure didn't do what he gets paid to do. Its frustrating, but its nobody's fault but his.
    That's not at all what I'm saying, because these situations happen maybe once a week, not every day. But the losses all count towards the big picture. You're talking in hindsight, while I'm referring to the time of the game this stuff occurred. If you assume the Cubs don't score in the 8th and Chapman pitches the 9th, this is all moot. No one has struggled more than Sam lately and that's why I thought someone else should have been ready. Sam should have come out when he allowed his first base runner. Again, my opinion is based on several similar incidents (not just Sam's outings) recently in which no one was warming in the bullpen while we had to stick with a pitcher who was giving up the lead. We're talking about a pitcher or two pitching another 1/3 or 2/3 IP a week (a couple innings a month, maybe). If that's really going to effect the entire season's outcome, then something is wrong.

    I'm not putting all the blame on Sam. Losses are never the fault of one player. It's usually a combination of things, and it was today too. I have a bigger issue with our offense the last 8 innings (other than Bruce), but we all seem to be in agreement there.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  11. #608
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

    It would have seemed like the bullpen was rested after the last 3 games. Not sure why guys couldn't go more than 1 inning. Some of them probably needed the work.

    Didn't Leake go 8 innings yesterday?
    Didn't Homer go 8?
    Cingrani went 7 didn't he?

    I don't understand why the bullpen needs coddled so much. Especially when our starters are going deep into games.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  12. Likes:

    oregonred (06-13-2013)

  13. #609
    "So Fla Red"
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    South Florida - The Real Humidor
    Posts
    5,061

    Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    It would have seemed like the bullpen was rested after the last 3 games. Not sure why guys couldn't go more than 1 inning. Some of them probably needed the work.

    Didn't Leake go 8 innings yesterday?
    Didn't Homer go 8?
    Cingrani went 7 didn't he?

    I don't understand why the bullpen needs coddled so much. Especially when our starters are going deep into games.
    I agree. The Reds had eight high leverage bullpen pitches since Sunday night. Eight total pitches in an easy 1-2-3 inning by Chapman yesterday...

  14. #610
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    The whole team including Dusty can take the blame for that one.

    Offense mailed it in after 6.
    Bullpen blew it.
    Latos was good but still gave up 4.
    Dusty use of the bullpen was questionable as usual.

    I listened to WLW on my way home from the movie. Announcers on WLW are having a field day on Dusty right now.

    I went to see a movie around the top of the 14th inning. Stay away from "This is the End". One of the worst movies I've ever seen. I didn't hear a chuckle until halfway through the movie. Almost zero laughs. Extremely over the top shock vulgarness. Just flat out terrible. I'd have rather watched the Reds lose.
    Man, you sure are a pleasant guy.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  15. #611
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    The whole team including Dusty can take the blame for that one.

    Offense mailed it in after 6.
    Bullpen blew it.
    Latos was good but still gave up 4.
    Dusty use of the bullpen was questionable as usual.

    I listened to WLW on my way home from the movie. Announcers on WLW are having a field day on Dusty right now.

    I went to see a movie around the top of the 14th inning. Stay away from "This is the End". One of the worst movies I've ever seen. I didn't hear a chuckle until halfway through the movie. Almost zero laughs. Extremely over the top shock vulgarness. Just flat out terrible. I'd have rather watched the Reds lose.
    Everyone I have talked to that has seen the really liked it. It currently has over an 80% on rotten tomatoes. Surprised you thought it was that bad. What is your favorite comedy?

  16. #612
    Member Magdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    1,297

    Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

    The angst in this thread is just a tad surprising. I think the order of the loss is the reason. What I mean is, the Cards won 2 of 3 from a weak Met team but a win came in the final game. They are happy.

    The Reds did better, winning 3 of 4 but lost the last game. If the Reds had lost the 1st, and won the next 3.....happy!

    Now, roll the ugliness!

  17. Likes:

    757690 (06-14-2013), HeatherC1212 (06-14-2013), Red Raindog (06-14-2013), RedTeamGo! (06-14-2013)

  18. #613
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    This one always comes to mind




    I like you as a poster OBM, you're a smart guy, but you don't seem to give your favorite team much slack.
    Haha, I remember that. I was a huge fan of Wily Mo at the time, but IIRC later in that thread I came around to liking that deal. I was a big fan of Krivsky as well.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  19. Likes:

    Raisor (06-14-2013)

  20. #614
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,123

    Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Haha, I remember that. I was a huge fan of Wily Mo at the time, but IIRC later in that thread I came around to liking that deal. I was a big fan of Krivsky as well.
    At least you gave it an F+. You could have gone F-
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  21. Likes:

    HeatherC1212 (06-14-2013), OnBaseMachine (06-14-2013)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25