Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RedsZone Top Hitters

RedsZone Top Hitters

I only had 18 participants which threw off the list a little but overall it looks pretty legit.

1. Miguel Cabrera (212)
    2. Joey Votto (157)
    3. Mike Trout (111)
    4. Ryan Braun (85)
    5. Troy Tulowitzki (70.5)
    6. Carlos Gonzalez (60.5)
    7. Robinson Cano (48)
    8. Chris Davis (40)
    9. Buster Posey (37)
    10. Evan Longoria (27.5)
    11. Andrew McCutchen (23)
    T-12 David Wright (20.5)
    T-12 Albert Pujols (20.5)
    14. Prince Fielder (20)
    T-15 Joe Mauer (17)
    T-15 David Ortiz (17)
    17. Bryce Harper (16)
    18. Paul Goldschmidt (15.5)
    19. Jose Bautista (14.5)
    20. Mike Stanton (12.5)
    21. Manny Machado (9)
    22. Adam Jones (8)
    T-23 Yadier Molina (7.5)
    T-23 Adrian Beltre (7.5)
    25. Carlos Beltran (7)
    26. Matt Kemp (4)
    27. BJ Upton (3.5)
    28. Matt Holliday (2.5)
    T-29 Jay Bruce (1)
    T-29 Jean Segura (1)
    T-31 Yoenis Cespedes (.5)
    T-31 Curtis Granderson (.5)
    T-31 Josh Hamilton (.5)
    T-31 Edwin Encarnacion (.5)

Now....discuss!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RedsZone Top Hitters

People went a lot of ways. Some really jumped on the power numbers, some gave more credit to previous years than others, some seemed to give a lot of credit to the very current....all are fine but some more lists would've evened out some of the extreme rankings of a few players by only 1 or 2 participants.

I might be mistaken but I don't think any of those people are on RedsZone. Of course they could be posting on here under a different name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

5. Likes:

Always Red (06-27-2013),Red Raindog (06-27-2013),RedEye (06-27-2013),redsmetz (06-27-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (06-27-2013),Tom Servo (06-27-2013),Wonderful Monds (06-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I might be mistaken but I don't think any of those people are on RedsZone. Of course they could be posting on here under a different name.

That what I thought as well... even got kind of excited thinking I made the "list"...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post

That what I thought as well... even got kind of excited thinking I made the "list"...
    I know...i thought this was going to be a post about Redszones favorite posters...like a rating chart!!!

Good God people. Sorry I bothered. Lol

Thanks for posting. Giving people more time would probably give you a larger sample of lists. Some folks only come here once a week of so, but are pretty thorough at responding to threads when they do so.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Thanks for posting. Giving people more time would probably give you a larger sample of lists. Some folks only come here once a week of so, but are pretty thorough at responding to threads when they do so.
    Thanks....it still looks good though. My biggest thing is Joe Mauer has to be above Pujols and some of people's top 6 had some head scratchers for sure....but still pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Thanks....it still looks good though. My biggest thing is Joe Mauer has to be above Pujols and some of people's top 6 had some head scratchers for sure....but still pretty good.
    If Pujols vs. Mauer is your big problem with the current list, then I don't think it's a major issue. I rank Albert easily above Mauer since I think he's currently injured and I still honestly think he is a better hitter than Joe -- regardless of what his current stats suggest.
    Last edited by RedEye; 06-27-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Sorry I missed this. What was the source? A bunch of polls or one ranking poll? Thanks

13. Likes:

Chip R (06-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Sorry I missed this. What was the source? A bunch of polls or one ranking poll? Thanks
    It's probably 30 or so threads down the page.

I had everyone rank their top 10 hitters using whatever criteria they thought was best and scored it 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 a offered them a choice of up to 5 honorable mentions for 1/2 point each.

18 people participated and I added up the scores.

Add yours if you like and I'll edit it in.....others welcome also.

If Pujols vs. Mauer is your big problem with the current list, then I don't think it's a major issue. I rank Albert easily above Mauer since I think he's currently injured and I still honestly think he is a better hitter than Joe -- regardless of what his current stats suggest.
    It's not a big deal.....if you think Albert is better, but just injured.....he'd have to be above almost everyone then because we knew how amazing he was....until he left St. Louis...and by those measures Matt Kemp would be above the majority of the list because he is injured.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I know...i thought this was going to be a post about Redszones favorite posters...like a rating chart!!!
    I would obviously be first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    It's not a big deal.....if you think Albert is better, but just injured.....he'd have to be above almost everyone then because we knew how amazing he was....until he left St. Louis...and by those measures Matt Kemp would be above the majority of the list because he is injured.
    Nah, I guess I just think Pujols still has that ability buried somewhere. Kemp OTOH doesn't get the benefit of the doubt as much b/c he hasn't been putting up the elite numbers for so many years.

I know, very scientific of me. :-)
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Nah, I guess I just think Pujols still has that ability buried somewhere. Kemp OTOH doesn't get the benefit of the doubt as much b/c he hasn't been putting up the elite numbers for so many years.

I know, very scientific of me. :-)
    Then where is Josh Hamilton?

Turn Off Ads?