Turn Off Ads?

Thread: DUSTY BAKER

DUSTY BAKER

Dusty Baker is the worst bullpen manager in the game of baseball. He has cost the Reds numerous wins thus far in 2013, including today. WHERE THE HELL IS CHAPMAN? I mean, you play 14 innings and watch your RP blow yet another win vs LH hitters without using Chapman, absolutely insane. The fact that he can't pitch unless its a save situation is pathetic, TRADE HIM then. This team will go nowhere with Baker at the helm, we might make the playoffs again, but no series win. Shouldn't have brought him back after the playoff collapse in 2012.

2. Likes:

remdog (06-13-2013),Vottomatic (06-13-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Re: DUSTY BAKER

Well, it would have been interesting to see Chapman come in to face Borbon.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Aren't there 300 other Dusty threads?

Haunted by walks

Mat, is that you?

7. Likes:

Hoosier Red (06-13-2013)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Aren't there 300 other Dusty threads?
    It's the Dusty thread of today.

We have one every day. This is today's.

I think you lost count, and maybe thought this was yesterday? But it's not yet tomorrow. There will be another thread then. Don't confuse them!

9. Likes:

Raisor (06-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Dusty Baker is the worst bullpen manager in the game of baseball. He has cost the Reds numerous wins thus far in 2013, including today. WHERE THE HELL IS CHAPMAN? I mean, you play 14 innings and watch your RP blow yet another win vs LH hitters without using Chapman, absolutely insane. The fact that he can't pitch unless its a save situation is pathetic, TRADE HIM then. This team will go nowhere with Baker at the helm, we might make the playoffs again, but no series win. Shouldn't have brought him back after the playoff collapse in 2012.
    The handling of extra inning games on the road has been discussed many times on RedsZone.

The opposition hits last. It's their home game. So many managers save their closer for that last at bat, to nail down a win.

Some say use the closer earlier. Or you don't get to the win. But the response is that you can't win if you don't pin down that last at bat.

Most managers seem to do it Dusty's way. Some differ. But at the end of the day somebody has to pitch each and every important situation and it cannot be the same pitcher. You need several reliable relievers.

I thought I would post something here in the five minutes this thread is open. I wonder if Dusty gets nervous going to Chicago ever since his stroke there. Baseball players are superstitious and I know it would wig me out a bit. It is good to see him doing well.

Don't you know that closer are only allowed to close?
    Last edited by DocRed; 06-13-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Jeeze win 3 out of 4 and lose in the 14th after the BATTERS barely touched the ball against a crappy Cubs BP and Dusty's a fool for the BP.

Tough crowd.

14. Likes:

kfm (06-13-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (06-14-2013)

I've asked this question for years and never got an answer. How do we know Baker and not Price manages the bullpen? Anybody know?

For what its worth, these endless posts about Chapman not being used every inning of every game are getting about as boring as complints about Cozart batting second.

Walt needs to upgrade the bullpen.

Dusty needs to use the guys he has better.

The pitchers need to pitch better.

The offense needs to score 7 runs a game.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Jeeze win 3 out of 4 and lose in the 14th after the BATTERS barely touched the ball against a crappy Cubs BP and Dusty's a fool for the BP.

Tough crowd.
    Didn't you know that one loss means more than 3 wins?

Curtis Partch threw that baseball very well today. Good for him.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    Curtis Partch threw that baseball very well today. Good for him.
    It was a gutsy effort considering how he must have felt after the Halliday debacle. Hats off to him.

Overly emotional, venting threads like this do not do anything to promote quality discussion, which is the goal of this site. From the rules of the site available at the bottom of every page:

It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.
    If something like this must be posted somewhere, it belongs in the game thread for the game in question.

21. Likes:

Plus Plus (06-13-2013)

Turn Off Ads?