Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    All I was saying is I don't feel bad for him.
    Got it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Nobody forced Sam to play baseball. He is massively overpaid because people watch him come play a sport. All professional athletes are. If he doesn't like the criticism, he is more than welcome to go do a less public job and get paid less to do so.

I don't disagree with your 2nd comment, but please save the sympathy for Sam.
    Not trying to be a smart butt, but maybe you should use your own logic"If you don't like the response, don't read it"

I'll be the first to admit that I don't understand why professional athletes choose to be on Twitter because this sort of behavior is unfortunately very commonplace. I suppose it's a good way to interact with fans and build a brand but it seems like the downside is far greater than the upside and that it would be much easier to live in a world without it.

That being said I don't buy this argument that just because Sam LeCure (or any professional athlete) is well compensated that the rest of humanity is somehow entitled to the right to yell / tweet any vile thought that comes to mind. These guys are people too and nobody should be expected to put up with this filth.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I suppose. But jeez, you going to react to everything bad in all the various social media? There is a whole lot of garbage out there. I mean, RZ is pretty tame and no Reds post here.
    Who's to say he's reacting to everything bad? He's had only one blow up. I doubt very seriously this is the first time he's gotten something bad.

Some of the low-lifes that post on Twitter at athletes probably deserve worse than LeCure said.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Who's to say he's reacting to everything bad? He's had only one blow up. I doubt very seriously this is the first time he's gotten something bad.

Some of the low-lifes that post on Twitter at athletes probably deserve worse than LeCure said.
    There is no probably about it.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    This is for "Tom Servo". Why did you leave out the most important part of my post? I bracketed it in bold here so maybe you can't ignore it this time. The garbage you posted wouldn't be allowed on a message board, therefore it wouldn't exist. What you posted is the 10% part of Twitter that sucks. There are ways to critique a player or team that aren't offensive. That's what I meant about message boards. Twitter isn't policed, but you can block people anytime you want. That's what Sam should do instead of replying to them. You owe me an apology, Tom.
    He didn't owe you anything. You overreacted to something that wasn't directed at you. You insinuated that people were merely "critiquing" LeCure, and he showed that assumption to be mistaken.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Those are all stupid comments (except the one that said he's been garbage lately because he has been), but none of those are remotely bad or offensive. If you can't handle that, you probably shouldn't be a professional athlete.
    I can't believe anyone would defend that juvenile garbage. That stuff is for 14-year olds. Nevermind that not a singe one of those people would have the courage to say any of those things to his face.

That stuff is bush league.

But that's my point. They're worth so much because of the PUBLIC. They make that much more because people want to watch them. Gotta take the good with the bad.
    Paying money for entertainment doesn't give people entitlement to act like an a*$ when they don't like how someone is playing.

It's very simple, if people don't like the product they pay for, they can stop paying for it.

10. Likes:

dougdirt (06-14-2013),nmculbreth (06-14-2013),RedEye (06-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    You seem to have no sense of reality. Money doesn't buy happiness.
    Actually, money does buy happiness, with some caveats, as study after study has shown. But that wasn't even my claim. What it should buy is a thicker skin than poow wittle Sammy's got. The only other professions where you make half a million a year are high-level execs and maybe some surgeons, and they would get reprimanded if they publicly spouted off like Lecure did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    1,430 posts and we finally agree on something. Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in awhile.
    Pigs eat acorns? Learn something every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Paying money for entertainment doesn't give people entitlement to act like an a*$ when they don't like how someone is playing.

It's very simple, if people don't like the product they pay for, they can stop paying for it.

It's not a washing machine you're buying. Being emotionally involved in the outcome of the game is the whole draw of sport. Without that, people won't buy tickets/hats/jerseys and all the rest that pays Sam's salary. So given that these guys' compensation is directly tied to the fans emotional investment, I'd say the fans have every right to get mad when they blow it.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    It's not a washing machine you're buying. Being emotionally involved in the outcome of the game is the whole draw of sport. Without that, people won't buy tickets/hats/jerseys and all the rest that pays Sam's salary. So given that these guys' compensation is directly tied to the fans emotional investment, I'd say the fans have every right to get mad when they blow it.
    Get mad, sure. Throw insults/attacks at the player? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    What is a "sociopath", Alex?
    If I'm a sociopath then the million dollar man who can't take a little razzing from the fans on twitter is a psychopath, and our little internet pop pshycologist here is a narcissist with delusions of grandeur.

LeCure doesn't make a million dollars.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Getting mad and acting like a raging lunatic/resorting to childish name-calling are two very different things.

It seems to me if people let their anger overcome them so much that they act like that over a baseball game, they should re-examine their priorities in life. I myself get frustrated, as I'm sure you do. But if I ever let myself go to Twitter and start calling random strangers those kinds of names because they played poorly, it's time for me to abandon Twitter and find another hobby.

18. Likes:

RedEye (06-14-2013)

Turn Off Ads?