2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

I read Twitter for the articles.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

4. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (06-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I read Twitter for the articles.
    I do too... I follow Slate for that reason and for Dear Prudie...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Twitter is useless to me. Why do we need to know what you are thinking at every moment? How did this world get along without knowing your every thought and what you think? Then you invite people to come out and go after you......and you expect them to use the Kings English and say anything relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    "Seth Thompson ‏@Thompson2058 5h
    Sam Lecure is ****ing terrible"

"Josh Conner ‏@JoshConner23 5h
    Sam Lecure is a piece of ****"

"Andrew Brooks ‏@reds_bengals_UC 5h
    sam lecure go to hell"

"Michael King ‏@michael_d_king 5h
    Sam LeCure sucks!!"

"aammyy✨ ‏@hudek_amy1911 5h
    Sam LeCure is pretty much the worst pitcher ever."

"Flu G ‏@_NickColosimo_ 5h
    Lecure sucks"

"antisocial21 ‏@antisocial211 5h
    Sam lecure sucks"

"Eric ‏@EricW14 5h
    Sam Lecure is a bum. #Reds"

"Adam Richards ‏@Richmoney513 5h
    @sam lecure you are definetly not a setup man....you are truly a bum!"

"Bryan Northup ⚾ ‏@northupbryan 5h
    LeCure has been garbage lately"

"Higgins ‏@bhiggins211 5h
    Sam LeCure....you suck at your job! And so do the rest of your co-workers in that bullpen"

"David Phalen ‏@dphalen 5h
    Lecure is absolute garbage. How he even gets in right now is a mystery. #dustyball #reds"

"Its Double D ‏@drake_donnells 5h
    Time for Lecure to get cut."

"Its Double D ‏@drake_donnells 3h
    Reds won't even make the playoffs thanks to our bullpen. Suck asses. Broxton sucks, and Lecure sucks."

"Luc ‏@luc7rr 3h
    Is there a chance that LeCure costs us this game and tomorrow's because of fatigue after playing nearly 2 games? If so, he's a dick. #reds"

Intelligent internet users 'critiquing' LeCure on Twitter.
    Those are all stupid comments (except the one that said he's been garbage lately because he has been), but none of those are remotely bad or offensive. If you can't handle that, you probably shouldn't be a professional athlete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

8. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Those are all stupid comments (except the one that said he's been garbage lately because he has been), but none of those are remotely bad or offensive. If you can't handle that, you probably shouldn't be a professional athlete.
    Nah. Just a professional athlete that shouldn't read Twitter.

My daughter at college had a falling out with a group of friends. Its college and it happens. But these "friends" decided to take it all to twitter and said a lot of mean ugly nasty things.

My daughter was really upset and came to me. I said "you think they're idiots and you don't want them in your life. So why do you care what they say or think? They're just a bunch of <bad words here>. So stop reading Twitter, you'll feel a lot better. And remember, what goes around, comes around. You reap what you sow and someday they'll reap a very bitter harvest".

I'd say the same thing to Sam and Jay Bruce. Brandon Phillips seems to be able to handle it, but he's is out in the public more and interacts with his fans more and has the BP persona.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I agree. Twitter is great. It's the anti-Facebook. As the saying goes, "Facebook is 90% garbage and 10% useful; Twitter is 90% useful and 10% garbage". Few truer words have ever been spoken.
    What Twitter are you people using? Twitter is an absolute hellhole.

I guess Facebook could be garbage, but that's mostly predicated on the people you know being garbage.

11. Likes:

RichRed (06-14-2013),Tom Servo (06-13-2013),Tony Cloninger (06-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    What Twitter are you people using? Twitter is an absolute hellhole.

I guess Facebook could be garbage, but that's mostly predicated on the people you know being garbage.
    Twitter and Facebook are what you make of each. Facebook is for women and teenagers. Twitter is for info. You can adjust each, according to your interests, but if you've been around awhile, the difference is clear.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Twitter and Facebook are what you make of each. Facebook is for women and teenagers. Twitter is for info. You can adjust each, according to your interests, but if you've been around awhile, the difference is clear.
    The difference is, people can't send me a message on facebook unless I am friends with them first. Anyone can send me a message on twitter.

Stat geek...and proud
    I don't have a problem with people venting about LeCure's performance, but some of those people tweeted that stuff directly at Sam, and that's totally classless.

Facebook and Twitter are nothing more than NSA data mining operations that track, catalog and store EVERY piece of your personal life, then put you onto a list.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Sam has done his job just fine for his entire career. He works in a job where failure from time to time is acceptable. Your job isn't comparable to his job. I am betting there are a lot more than 450 people in the world that can do your job. There probably aren't more than 450 people in the world capable of being a Major League caliber pitcher at any given time (that is 15 per team).

I will never understand why people try to compare their job to that of an athlete. They aren't.
    Were you born to throw the ball 90mph?

Just re-enforces my belief that Twitter is nothing but pure garbage. But if someone,ballplayer,entertainer or whoever wishes to expose himself like that they had better be able to take the garbage that is spewed at them. I think most start out on this because of the adulation they initially receive then when things don't go well and the morons come out they don't know how to handle it. If you can't handle it then get off and just be quiet.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

18. Likes:

Roy Tucker (06-14-2013),Tony Cloninger (06-14-2013)

I hate the whole "they're people, too" thing. The guy makes $10,000 an inning. Suck it up and don't lose games. Nobody cares how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    "Seth Thompson ‏@Thompson2058 5h
    Sam Lecure is ****ing terrible"

"Josh Conner ‏@JoshConner23 5h
    Sam Lecure is a piece of ****"

"Andrew Brooks ‏@reds_bengals_UC 5h
    sam lecure go to hell"

"Michael King ‏@michael_d_king 5h
    Sam LeCure sucks!!"

"aammyy✨ ‏@hudek_amy1911 5h
    Sam LeCure is pretty much the worst pitcher ever."

"Flu G ‏@_NickColosimo_ 5h
    Lecure sucks"

"antisocial21 ‏@antisocial211 5h
    Sam lecure sucks"

"Eric ‏@EricW14 5h
    Sam Lecure is a bum. #Reds"

"Adam Richards ‏@Richmoney513 5h
    @sam lecure you are definetly not a setup man....you are truly a bum!"

"Bryan Northup ⚾ ‏@northupbryan 5h
    LeCure has been garbage lately"

"Higgins ‏@bhiggins211 5h
    Sam LeCure....you suck at your job! And so do the rest of your co-workers in that bullpen"

"David Phalen ‏@dphalen 5h
    Lecure is absolute garbage. How he even gets in right now is a mystery. #dustyball #reds"

"Its Double D ‏@drake_donnells 5h
    Time for Lecure to get cut."

"Its Double D ‏@drake_donnells 3h
    Reds won't even make the playoffs thanks to our bullpen. Suck asses. Broxton sucks, and Lecure sucks."

"Luc ‏@luc7rr 3h
    Is there a chance that LeCure costs us this game and tomorrow's because of fatigue after playing nearly 2 games? If so, he's a dick. #reds"

Intelligent internet users 'critiquing' LeCure on Twitter.
    At first glance, I see maybe 1 post that actually uses his @samlecure. That means these things were not said TO him, they were said about him. He doesn't see them anywhere in his mentions. He would literally have to search his name to see these. That's just how twitter works.

I think if you're insecure enough to be seeking out to see what people are saying about you, don't be shocked at the results.

Turn Off Ads?