Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 112

Thread: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

  1. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,398

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    I hate the whole "they're people, too" thing. The guy makes $10,000 an inning. Suck it up and don't lose games. Nobody cares how you feel.
    1,430 posts and we finally agree on something. Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in awhile.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    4,056

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    I hate the whole "they're people, too" thing. The guy makes $10,000 an inning. Suck it up and don't lose games. Nobody cares how you feel.
    You seem to have no sense of reality. Money doesn't buy happiness. Just look up anything on lottery winners, or go watch the ESPN show "Broke".

    People who openly post to a player on twitter with negative comments are completely gutless. I wonder if they would walk up to them and say that in a bar. Doubt it.

  4. Likes:

    dubc47834 (06-14-2013), HeatherC1212 (06-14-2013), Tom Servo (06-14-2013), Wonderful Monds (06-14-2013)

  5. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    960

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I follow quite a few people on Twitter and I rarely see some of the garbage that you guys are talking about so I think it really depends on WHO you follow as to what your timeline will look like. I don't even see a lot of swearing unless it's during a Reds game and a few fans I follow are reacting in real time to stuff that happens there. I have rarely had any problems with Twitter but it could be that I just don't follow the idiots and therefore keep a lot more of my sanity when I'm there, LOL

    BTW-Sam is one of the most even keeled, positive, and upbeat baseball guys I've seen on Twitter (and I follow quite a few of them, both Reds and non Reds players) so if he's responding this way to something, it had to have been REALLY bad because he just doesn't tweet or interact with the fans that way on a normal basis.
    So what are you suggesting happened? Someone with access to send him private messages sent him something REALLY bad? Someone sent something awful and then deleted it?

    Twitter is about as transparent as it gets. I find it unlikely that he's getting all these crazy messages and we somehow can't find them. Searching is pretty easy.

    At this point, I'm leaning towards thin skin or misguided anger based on a couple bad outings from a decent pitcher.

  6. #79
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Nobody cares how you feel.
    What is a "sociopath", Alex?
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  7. #80
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,312

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    You seem to have no sense of reality. Money doesn't buy happiness. Just look up anything on lottery winners, or go watch the ESPN show "Broke".

    People who openly post to a player on twitter with negative comments are completely gutless. I wonder if they would walk up to them and say that in a bar. Doubt it.
    Nobody forced Sam to play baseball. He is massively overpaid because people watch him come play a sport. All professional athletes are. If he doesn't like the criticism, he is more than welcome to go do a less public job and get paid less to do so.

    I don't disagree with your 2nd comment, but please save the sympathy for Sam.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  8. Likes:

    Mutaman (06-14-2013)

  9. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    4,056

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Nobody forced Sam to play baseball. He is massively overpaid because people watch him come play a sport. All professional athletes are. If he doesn't like the criticism, he is more than welcome to go do a less public job and get paid less to do so.

    I don't disagree with your 2nd comment, but please save the sympathy for Sam.
    Nobody likes criticism (especially that kind), so that comment doesn't hold water with me.

    Second, he wasn't complaining about anything. I'm not going out on a limb if I say 99% of all players would say people that blast them publicly for poor performance can kiss you know what.

    And honestly, that's all he said. He didn't go on some long fan bashing tirade. Again, I'm in the camp that he shouldn't say anything at all, but I don't think his one line about his bashers was anything out of the ordinary or abusive.

    I wonder what would happen if we had Logan Morrison on our team.

  10. Likes:

    dubc47834 (06-14-2013), jimbo (06-14-2013), Tom Servo (06-14-2013)

  11. #82
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,312

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Nobody likes criticism (especially that kind), so that comment doesn't hold water with me.

    Second, he wasn't complaining about anything. I'm not going out on a limb if I say 99% of all players would say people that blast them publicly for poor performance can kiss you know what.

    And honestly, that's all he said. He didn't go on some long fan bashing tirade. Again, I'm in the camp that he shouldn't say anything at all, but I don't think his one line about his bashers was anything out of the ordinary or abusive.

    I wonder what would happen if we had Logan Morrison on our team.
    I think you misunderstood where I was coming from. I don't really have a problem with what he said. Phillips has said much worse to fans on twitter and it's hilarious. All I was saying is I don't feel bad for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  12. #83
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    899

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Nobody forced Sam to play baseball. He is massively overpaid because people watch him come play a sport. All professional athletes are. If he doesn't like the criticism, he is more than welcome to go do a less public job and get paid less to do so.

    I don't disagree with your 2nd comment, but please save the sympathy for Sam.
    Money and publicity is all relative.

    By your logic, since you make enough money to live in a home or apartment and you have enough of a social profile to have a family and friends, you aren't allowed to complain about anything in your life or respond when people attack you. After all, you are more than welcome to go panhandle under a bridge and live in anonymity. By having a job, home, and family, you've chosen to open yourself up to verbal abuse and can't complain.
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

    Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: TBA

    *UPDATED: 2/11/2014

  13. #84
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,090

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Nobody forced Sam to play baseball. He is massively overpaid because people watch him come play a sport. All professional athletes are. If he doesn't like the criticism, he is more than welcome to go do a less public job and get paid less to do so.
    Sam LeCure and hardly any other player is massively overpaid. Most of them are paid about what they are worth. If they were overpaid, teams would be shutting down left and right. But they aren't. They are signing billions of dollars worth of television contracts based on the skillset of 750 guys. The owners are happy to pay these guys what they are worth because it makes them a bunch of money too.

  14. Likes:

    dubc47834 (06-14-2013), nmculbreth (06-14-2013)

  15. #85
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,312

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Money and publicity is all relative.

    By your logic, since you make enough money to live in a home or apartment and you have enough of a social profile to have a family and friends, you aren't allowed to complain about anything in your life or respond when people attack you. After all, you are more than welcome to go panhandle under a bridge and live in anonymity. By having a job, home, and family, you've chosen to open yourself up to verbal abuse and can't complain.
    I get your point to an extent, but anybody who has met me or has seen me even on social media knows I have no problem with people saying whatever they want to me.

    Which is maybe why I don't have much sympathy for Sam.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  16. #86
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,312

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Sam LeCure and hardly any other player is massively overpaid. Most of them are paid about what they are worth. If they were overpaid, teams would be shutting down left and right. But they aren't. They are signing billions of dollars worth of television contracts based on the skillset of 750 guys. The owners are happy to pay these guys what they are worth because it makes them a bunch of money too.
    But that's my point. They're worth so much because of the PUBLIC. They make that much more because people want to watch them. Gotta take the good with the bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  17. #87
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,090

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    But that's my point. They're worth so much because of the PUBLIC. They make that much more because people want to watch them. Gotta take the good with the bad.
    We are all only worth what we get paid because of the public. Without the public wanting our product or service that the company we work for provides, we wouldn't have a job.

  18. #88
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,312

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    We are all only worth what we get paid because of the public. Without the public wanting our product or service that the company we work for provides, we wouldn't have a job.
    And Sam gets paid a truck load of money because of the public. His job is seen by millions(?) of more people than mine is, thus when he's bad at his job he is obviously open to more criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  19. #89
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,090

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    And Sam gets paid a truck load of money because of the public. His job is seen by millions(?) of more people than mine is, thus when he's bad at his job he is obviously open to more criticism.
    And you get paid whatever you get paid because of the public.

  20. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

    Lecure should have been more polite in his response, or kept the response to himself.

    The fans are his customers and Sam shouldn't engage in controversy with them. If fans are out of line the player needs to rise above it.

    However, it's not the end of the world, it's good to see that Lecure cares and will try to get back on track.

    Go Reds.

  21. Likes:

    TOBTTReds (06-14-2013)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25