Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tulo will miss 4-6 weeks.

Tulo will miss 4-6 weeks.

This is a tough blow for the Rockies. Tulo has Hall of Fame talent but just seems to always get injured. It's a shame because he's probably my favorite non-Cardinals player. How much do you think this will hurt the Rockies competitiveness in the NL West going forward?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/93...ib-reports-say

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Drastic difference. The pitching staff is far from good when they are healthy...and they're having trouble staying healthy. Compensating for that alone is tough enough for any team. Then take .347/.414/.639 out of the middle of the lineup? Unless CarGo turns into 2004 Bonds, they're going to struggle.

Re: Tulo will miss 4-6 weeks.

I wish I could say this was unexpected. Like Mike, he is one of my favorite non-Reds. If only he could stay on the field. But yea, without Tulo, this team will struggle mightily.

After watching the video of him getting hurt, the landing was a little awkward, looked like he came down at a bit of a weird angle when he dove. Didn't look like enough to break his rib though. Oh well.

For a Level Playing Field

Shortstop is tough physically. No doubt about it. I once checked to see the Hall of Fame members who mostly played SS... they all fell off a cliff once they hit age 35 (physically and stats). Barry Larkin is a prime example of this. And of course the more modern players (hint hint) might play longer and put up decent stats.

Hate that. I am going to see the Rocks play in DC next weekend and was hoping to see Tulo. Oh well....
    Reds Fan Since 1971

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

It's a shame the Reds played them already.

Also saw CarGo got hit by a foul ball and was taken out of yesterday's game Fowler took a pitch off the hand and is day to day. Did the Rockies dig up an ancient grave or something yesterday?

9. Likes:

RedEye (06-14-2013)

Can Tulo play the OF? How is he getting injured?

Every year, I think about taking this guy in the first round in fantasy. Every year, I'm glad I didn't.

Seriously though, this sucks. He's arguably the best all-around player in the game when healthy. Big loss for baseball, once again.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Shortstop is tough physically. No doubt about it. I once checked to see the Hall of Fame members who mostly played SS... they all fell off a cliff once they hit age 35 (physically and stats). Barry Larkin is a prime example of this. And of course the more modern players (hint hint) might play longer and put up decent stats.
    Right. Because we always need to insinuate about PED's in every thread.

13. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (06-14-2013)

This really hurts the Jay Bruce Springsteens

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Right. Because we always need to insinuate about PED's in every thread.
    Do not tread on me, RedEye... tread on the change in a looooooonnnnggg history and the evidence that has has been presented in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    I wish I could say this was unexpected. Like Mike, he is one of my favorite non-Reds. If only he could stay on the field. But yea, without Tulo, this team will struggle mightily.

After watching the video of him getting hurt, the landing was a little awkward, looked like he came down at a bit of a weird angle when he dove. Didn't look like enough to break his rib though. Oh well.
    I believe I read somewhere that he was bothered by his side for the past week and that dive in the field sorta aggrevated the side some more. I guess it aggravated it to the point it was broken.

I am with you all. Tulo is truly a special player, but he stays hurt. I feel the pain on my fantasy team too, but going into the year, I said if I can get about 120-130 games from him, I will be pleased and he was going to do just that until now. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Do not tread on me, RedEye... tread on the change in a looooooonnnnggg history and the evidence that has has been presented in the last decade.
    Before the current PED's, there were others. Back to the Greeks. I'm not sure why it always has to be added as an asterisk to every conversation.

No offense intended to you though, RFA1966. I realize you are not the culprit.

18. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (06-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    I believe I read somewhere that he was bothered by his side for the past week and that dive in the field sorta aggrevated the side some more. I guess it aggravated it to the point it was broken.

I am with you all. Tulo is truly a special player, but he stays hurt. I feel the pain on my fantasy team too, but going into the year, I said if I can get about 120-130 games from him, I will be pleased and he was going to do just that until now. Oh well.
    I finally learned my lesson last year. Tulo puts up great numbers but he is a China Doll. It sucks for the MLB and especially the Rocks and their fans.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Turn Off Ads?