Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Split personality. . .

Split personality. . .

This is an interesting concept you have requiring "proof of sincerity and sanity" before being allowed on the Big Board. . . I like it, although I'm not sure I'll be posting enough to qualify as I only comment on the real world and don't speculate.

I say split personality, because I lived in Cincinnati for 15 years. But that is partially complicated by the fact that for 8 of those years I literally commuted between the Gateway City and the Queen City. So I have a pretty good insight into both. I now live in St. Louis full time, and I'll be honest. . . I am a Cardinals fan.. It's hard to live here and not be one.

Because of my Cincinnati connection, I would be hesitant to be disrespectful as I'm sure there are some on this board who are still my good friends.

One other thing about me. . . I'm old. Well, let me put it this way. I began my bizarre life's journey as a sportswriter in Ohio and I wrote about the Reds when they were still at Crosley Field. What does that tell you. LOL

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Split personality. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Footloose View Post
    I say split personality, because I lived in Cincinnati for 15 years. But that is partially complicated by the fact that for 8 of those years I literally commuted between the Gateway City and the Queen City. So I have a pretty good insight into both. I now live in St. Louis full time, and I'll be honest. . . I am a Cardinals fan.. It's hard to live here and not be one.
    Well, welcome to board, with slight reservations.

And no, it's not hard to live here and NOT be a Cards fan. I've done it for 19 years. I make the boys at work pay me a dollar every time they try to tell me "You live here, you HAVE to be a Cards fan!" Broke the younger ones of it pretty quick. lol!

Of course, I've stubbornly held on to my Ohio-isms. It is POP not soda, I use a turn signal, and toasted ravioli and pork steaks are two of the nastiest foods I've ever had. I will give them the fact that Gooey Butter cake is pretty darn good, even tho it does take up permanent residence on your fanny.

Turn Off Ads?