Turn Off Ads?

Thread: "Weak" NL Central

"Weak" NL Central

I just thought I'd point out that the "weak" NL Central currently boasts the three highest winning percentages in all of MLB.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "Weak" NL Central

Thank you for sharing this insightful post. It is something that I jad not thought about. GO REDS.

Don Cameron
    No more condenscending attitude. Bad. bad. Bad

I have always thought the NL Central gets a bad reputation because it had 6 teams. People called it a weak division when there have generally been 2-3 competitive teams in it on a yearly basis like what other divisions have. I'm glad the NL Central is getting some respect this season.

I think it is going to be a terrific race all year long. The Cards have a terrific team and I think the Reds do as well. The Reds rotation is top notch.

As for the Pirates, our pitching is in shambles right now. Hopefully, Rodriguez and Burnett will get back sooner rather than later. If that happens, I think Pitt can stay in it. I'm becoming more and more of a believer. We really need a shortstop though.

Quote Originally Posted by IABucFan View Post
    I think it is going to be a terrific race all year long. The Cards have a terrific team and I think the Reds do as well. The Reds rotation is top notch.

As for the Pirates, our pitching is in shambles right now. Hopefully, Rodriguez and Burnett will get back sooner rather than later. If that happens, I think Pitt can stay in it. I'm becoming more and more of a believer. We really need a shortstop though.
    I think all three teams at the top could use a short stop. It seems to be the glaring weakness of the Cards, Reds, and Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I think all three teams at the top could use a short stop. It seems to be the glaring weakness of the Cards, Reds, and Pirates.
    Agreed. Really though, there aren't many elite shortstops in MLB right now, guys who are good both offensively and defensively. I'd say there's only a handful of those guys across the league.

It's weird to say, but this Pirates series is gonna be fun to watch.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

If Cozart wasn't hitting second and more lik 7th or 8th, I'd be fine with him. Frankly, I think he's one of the better defensive SS's I've seen in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    If Cozart wasn't hitting second and more lik 7th or 8th, I'd be fine with him. Frankly, I think he's one of the better defensive SS's I've seen in awhile.
    I agree. It's a shame the Reds lost Luddy, because I think Phillips would be an awesome # 2 hitter, then Cozart could bat 7 or 8.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

They need Rios in the 4 hole

Turn Off Ads?