Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where do the Reds rank in attendance this year?

Re: Where do the Reds rank in attendance this year?

Another interesting thing they said on TV. This season is the quickest that the GAB has drawn 1 million people.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just thinking aloud here.. Why do they put their major promotions (think bobble heads) during the weekends? The weekends draw well as it is, and the point of the promotions are to get people in the stadium, why not have them more often during the week?
    "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

I'm not a man of many words. Read my posts, and you'll see what I mean.

Some people are Optimists (They see the glass 1/2 full).
    Others are Pessimists (They see the glass 1/2 empty).
    Me, I'm a Realist. 1/2 empty IS 1/2 full.

4. Likes:

Always Red (06-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    Is the streetcar deal still happening? Would make it easier to get to the park.
    The streetcar is the great debate in this year's election, so the future is still up in the air. Utility work is already in progress and the cars have been purchased but no track has been put down. If it does come into existence, the route will initially only run from Government Square to near Findlay Market. So the ballpark will be 5 blocks from the southern terminus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Just thinking aloud here.. Why do they put their major promotions (think bobble heads) during the weekends? The weekends draw well as it is, and the point of the promotions are to get people in the stadium, why not have them more often during the week?
    FYI...3 of the 5 bobbleheads this year are during the week. The 1st two (Phillips and Chapman) were both on Saturdays, but both during the school year. the other three (Latos, Frazier, Votto) are during the week in the summer. It's also not just about day of the week, but also the opponent. The Phillips bobblehead was against the Marlins and Chapman was against Brewers...not exactly huge draws. Seems to me they are focusing on building interest for weekend games during the school year and hoping the weekdays will follow on their own. Also, I think all of the Kid Glove games were during the week during the school year and I'd bet they weren't wanting to waste a bobblehead giveaway on a day when they already didn't make money on 8,000ish tickets.
    Last edited by WestSideBomber; 06-17-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideBomber View Post
    FYI...3 of the 5 bobbleheads this year are during the week. The 1st two (Phillips and Chapman) were both on Saturdays, but both during the school year. the other three (Latos, Frazier, Votto) are during the week in the summer. It's also not just about day of the week, but also the opponent. The Phillips bobblehead was against the Marlins and Chapman was against Brewers...not exactly huge draws. Seems to me they are focusing on building interest for weekend games during the school year and hoping the weekdays will follow on their own. Also, I think all of the Kid Glove games were during the week during the school year and I'd bet they weren't wanting to waste a bobblehead giveaway on a day when they already didn't make money on 8,000ish tickets.
    True, but Frazier's is on Wednesday, July 3, which might as well be a weekend because everyone has the 4th off.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    True, but Frazier's is on Wednesday, July 3, which might as well be a weekend because everyone has the 4th off.
    In addition to being a fireworks night, and a big draw in the defending champion Giants. The Frazier one is really the weirdly placed one to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Yes but the team is better now, and you'd think those folks have a memory.

Maybe no WS winners during a great time of their history has dragged them down.

Economy, shambles? Certainly not like it was during mid 90's ( a great economic time) but all in all not too bad. Definitely, Cincy and Columbus with more diversified economies, have fared better than Cleveland. But...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Ohio

If Ohio were a country, it would be the 24th largest global economy in the world.

Well, maybe Indians attendance will pick up now that it's summer and the kids are out of school.
    The Indians' string of 455 straight sell-outs occurred during a "perfect storm." A new ballpark was built after years of playing in a decrepit and cavernous stadium. The Indians were on a run of good baseball for the first time since the '40s and '50s. The economy was humming and corporations were flush with cash. Finally, and most importantly, the Cleveland Browns were gone. During the span of 455 sell-outs, many games sold out only because local corporations stepped in to buy up big blocks of tickets to keep it going, turning around and giving the tickets away to employees and customers for free. You'll never see that haplen in Cleveland again. The sell-out streak ended before the economy went into decline and the Indians' downward attendance trend started while they were still competitive. Why? Because the Browns came back and corporations started moving cash from buying up Indians tickets to purchasing luxury boxes at Cleveland Browns Stadium. Likewise, season ticket holders either dropped their Indians tickets or bought partial season packages in order to afford Browns season tickets. Of course the Dolans' habit of letting go of their best talent and signing some injury prone fan favorites to big contracts only exacerbated the decline.

I know some passionate Indians fans, but Cleveland is and always will be a football town, Browns first, Buckeyes second.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

10. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (06-17-2013)

The Reds are averaging 32,257 a game this year, about 3,500 more per game than last year. I'm sure the Reds brass would be thrilled if they average 32k per game at the years end and I believe they will. Is this about as good as it gets in terms of Reds fans' attendance?
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

The Ress twitter account keeps posting updates that they are on pace for a GABP record and only 100,000 or so behind the all-time record from 1976, so this may be "about as good as it gets" or awfully close to it

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    The Reds are averaging 32,257 a game this year, about 3,500 more per game than last year. I'm sure the Reds brass would be thrilled if they average 32k per game at the years end and I believe they will. Is this about as good as it gets in terms of Reds fans' attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    The streetcar is the great debate in this year's election, so the future is still up in the air. Utility work is already in progress and the cars have been purchased but no track has been put down. If it does come into existence, the route will initially only run from Government Square to near Findlay Market. So the ballpark will be 5 blocks from the southern terminus.
    The initial streetcar route will run to the banks. http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/streetcar/design-route/
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Turn Off Ads?