Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Votto: where's his head lately?

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    I believe he finally got a quality martinizing on his designer jeans.
    I have no idea what this means. Honestly. Can you explain?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I have no idea what this means. Honestly. Can you explain?

RZ classic about Joey.....
    "He's a fancy boy that drinks italian coffees and wears designer jeans"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martinizing_Dry_Cleaning
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    RZ classic about Joey.....
    "He's a fancy boy that drinks italian coffees and wears designer jeans"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martinizing_Dry_Cleaning
    Aha... I knew the fancy boy in-joke, just not the martinizing part. Thanks.

I tell you what, I have learned some interesting stuff here in the past week: 1) who invented the high five, 2) what "martinizing" jeans means.

Rock on, RZ!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2 errors in an inning, he just looks disinterested. I know this is a very unpopular viewpoint but I honestly don't like Votto, he is a very good to great hitter but I just don't like him.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    2 errors in an inning, he just looks disinterested. I know this is a very unpopular viewpoint but I honestly don't like Votto, he is a very good to great hitter but I just don't like him.
    To each his own. But...

wow
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

7. Likes:

Big Klu (06-29-2013),marcshoe (07-01-2013),Tom Servo (06-29-2013),Wonderful Monds (06-29-2013)

Funny, he speaks very highly of you
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

9. Likes:

redsfanmia (06-29-2013),Wonderful Monds (06-29-2013)

T
    O
    N

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

or, Why Reds Fans Are Just the Worst

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-01-2013),reds44 (07-01-2013),Tom Servo (06-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    or, Why Reds Fans Are Just the Worst
    Browns fans are the worst...

Hope this helps

I don't like when he makes two errors in an inning. But I love me some Joey Votto.

15. Likes:

Larkin Fan (07-01-2013)

Yeah, I agree. He sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. He sucks.
    Well, I don't think you are technically "agreeing" with said poster as he/she did not say that Votto "sucks", he/she simply said that he/she did not "like" Votto. To each their own, but I do believe that there IS a difference.

Me? I love me some Votto & feel as though the Reds are very fortunate to have him (and for years to come).

Think you're seeing a bit of what you want to see here. Especially if you don't like him.

When you say he looks disinterested, is that different than he looked when he won the gold glove.(And most accounts I've read show he did in fact deserve the GG, didn't just get it because he was a 1b and he hit a lot.)

There's nothing wrong with stating that you don't like him, he's certainly a different personality than DatDude or Bruce, but I'd be careful to not let that color in the observations about how he is playing.

From every available metric, he's been a great hitter for going on 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Think you're seeing a bit of what you want to see here. Especially if you don't like him.

When you say he looks disinterested, is that different than he looked when he won the gold glove.(And most accounts I've read show he did in fact deserve the GG, didn't just get it because he was a 1b and he hit a lot.)

There's nothing wrong with stating that you don't like him, he's certainly a different personality than DatDude or Bruce, but I'd be careful to not let that color in the observations about how he is playing.

From every available metric, he's been a great hitter for going on 5 years.
    Here's a graphic (slight NSFW text) that explains the sentiment quite nicely.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

20. Likes:

RichRed (07-01-2013),Tom Servo (07-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. He sucks.
    I did not say he is a bad player, in fact I said he is a very/great hitter. I just think he looks disinterested lately, he has 10 errors halfway through the season after having 9 last year and a few of those were boneheaded errors. I am happy he is a Red, I appreciate him as a hitter I just don't like him or his demeanor.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?