Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 132

Thread: Votto: where's his head lately?

  1. #91
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    11,521

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I did not say he is a bad player, in fact I said he is a very/great hitter. I just think he looks disinterested lately, he has 10 errors halfway through the season after having 9 last year and a few of those were boneheaded errors. I am happy he is a Red, I appreciate him as a hitter I just don't like him or his demeanor.
    I am not saying that I dislike Votto. But I do think he has made more than his fair share of boneheaded plays this season. When your team is struggling you would hope your best players step up, not add fuel to the fire.

  2. Likes:

    RANDY IN INDY (07-01-2013),redsfanmia (07-01-2013)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #92
    Major Tootblan WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    American Canyon, CA
    Posts
    8,410

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    So, is this the beginning of the turn on Votto? We Cinci fans always turn against our stars. Why should Votto be any different?
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I'm certain you had something of a point in your head when you posted the above, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is.

  5. Likes:

    marcshoe (07-01-2013),Wonderful Monds (07-01-2013)

  6. #93
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    11,521

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    So, is this the beginning of the turn on Votto? We Cinci fans always turn against our stars. Why should Votto be any different?
    Calling into question substandard play from your best player is turning on him?

  7. Likes:

    RANDY IN INDY (07-01-2013),redsfanmia (07-01-2013),sonny (07-02-2013)

  8. #94
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    4,105

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Browns fans are the worst...
    I thought Browns fans were the best.

    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

  9. #95
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    4,105

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    As pretty much everyone knows I have some of the same issues Votto has.
    You mean beyond the Adonic features and chiseled physique....?

    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

  10. #96
    Greene Man Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    4,547

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    So, is this the beginning of the turn on Votto? We Cinci fans always turn against our stars. Why should Votto be any different?
    I hate to be the one that points out the elephant in the room









    But this is obviously because Joey is Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Ghosts, you gotta lay off the weaponized hallucinogens, my man.

  11. Likes:

    Brutus (07-01-2013),Cursh14 (07-02-2013)

  12. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,583

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I did not say he is a bad player, in fact I said he is a very/great hitter. I just think he looks disinterested lately, he has 10 errors halfway through the season after having 9 last year and a few of those were boneheaded errors. I am happy he is a Red, I appreciate him as a hitter I just don't like him or his demeanor.
    So again, what in his demeanor looks different than when he was an excellent defender. Why question his effort when you can just question his play?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

  13. #98
    Member redsfanmia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,801

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    So again, what in his demeanor looks different than when he was an excellent defender. Why question his effort when you can just question his play?
    Did I question his effort? I didn't accuse him of dogging it, I think he just looks distracted/disinterested. I never thought he was an excellent defender anyway, slightly above average is how I would describe his defense.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

  14. #99
    Greene Man Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    4,547

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    You mean beyond the Adonic features and chiseled physique....?

    Raisor is also Canadian, you should be more sensitive of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Ghosts, you gotta lay off the weaponized hallucinogens, my man.

  15. Likes:

    malcontent (07-01-2013)

  16. #100
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    On Assignment: Kansas City
    Posts
    21,480

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Raisor is also Canadian, you should be more sensitive of that.
    I just have a Canadian cat
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  17. #101
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    13,880

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    Be nice to Joey today. It's Canada Day.

    Butterflies and zebras and moonbeams
    And fairytales

  18. #102
    Major Tootblan WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    American Canyon, CA
    Posts
    8,410

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Calling into question substandard play from your best player is turning on him?
    It can be the beginning of it, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I'm certain you had something of a point in your head when you posted the above, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is.

  19. #103
    Member redsfanmia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,801

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It can be the beginning of it, yes.
    Is Votto Teflon? Is he above criticism ?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

  20. #104
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    When your team is scuffling, it is important to single out the guy who has been doing the best. If we can't make a thread appreciating Votto's unrivaled contributions to this team then what are we allowed to post about?
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Guys, just stop arguing with him. He will literally never stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    Larry is living the role of the underachiever who's still struggling to get a life so he spends hours upon hours posting worthless bilge on the 'net
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo!
    I think those are just two separate quotes and not meant to be taken together.

  21. #105
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Votto: where's his head lately?

    Wait. I just re-read this thread closer. We're actually discussing the 5 times Votto hasn't been brilliant this year???
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Guys, just stop arguing with him. He will literally never stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    Larry is living the role of the underachiever who's still struggling to get a life so he spends hours upon hours posting worthless bilge on the 'net
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo!
    I think those are just two separate quotes and not meant to be taken together.

  22. Likes:

    RedEye (07-01-2013)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | The Operator