Get a room
    jealous?
    Suck it up cupcake.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cueto up, Cingrani stays for now

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    jealous?
    Yes
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

fair enough.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Just because he's in the bullpen doesn't mean he can't develop his secondary pitches.
    I mean, look how well Aroldis Chapman's secondary offerings have developed since he started pitching relief.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I mean, look how well Aroldis Chapman's secondary offerings have developed since he started pitching relief.
    Well you've convinced me.

Reds fans will moan and wail about anything, losing, offense, pitching, managing, restaurants around the park, the view from the park, the distance to parking, what pitches were thrown, who threw them etc...

The Reds have the second highest winning percentage in the game today and evidently it's all against the laws of nature, for they are surely a bunch of buffoons who couldn't find their arse with their hands and a map.

Just stunning

7. Likes:

Big Klu (06-20-2013), bigredmechanism (06-18-2013), HeatherC1212 (06-18-2013), jimbo (06-18-2013), joshua (06-20-2013), _Sir_Charles_ (06-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Goose1701 View Post
    It'd be a lot smarter to pick up a reliever in trade I would think. It's ALOT easier to find a good reliever than it is to find a good starter.

And ugh on the Nationals argument. This is the same stuff that lazy baseball writers whine about. It's lazy logic. It's not Strasburg's fault that Washington has scored the 3rd least runs scored in the NL.

The goal of a franchise should not be to build a winner. It should be to build a substainable winner.
    High level relievers are not as easy to acquire mid-season as some folks suggest.

There are many bad bullpens and many teams who need to bolster the pen. There is competition for very good relievers during trading season. This is true every year.

If they were handing out very good relievers for minor consideration, Walt would have acquired two by now.

True dat. Look what Marshall cost to obtain.

I see. So if Chapman hasn't been able to do it then it can't be done? Sound logic.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

To be honest, we have no idea how well Chapman's secondary pitches have developed this season. Just because he's not using them in games, doesn't mean he's not working on them, or that they are not improving.
    "I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody".
    óBill Cosby

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Reds fans will moan and wail about anything, losing, offense, pitching, managing, restaurants around the park, the view from the park, the distance to parking, what pitches were thrown, who threw them etc...

The Reds have the second highest winning percentage in the game today and evidently it's all against the laws of nature, for they are surely a bunch of buffoons who couldn't find their arse with their hands and a map.

Just stunning
    If it ain't broke, lets fix it til it is.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Just stunning
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    CingrAni has faced three hitters in relief this year. It might be too small of a sample size to determine if he will be the bullpen's savior. Especially after many have realized that LeCure's good reliable work out of the pen was too small of a sample to be trusted in light of his struggles last week.
    When do you think the sample sizes will be large enough to know who should be used in the pen and how?

Mid-August?
    September?

Next spring?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Just stunning
    Yup.

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying here.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    When do you think the sample sizes will be large enough to know who should be used in the pen and how?

Mid-August?
    September?

Next spring?
    Well who are the players you are asking about?

Well for Cingrani it should be more than an inning. I am not saying he is not a good pitcher, just that 2/3 of an inning does not mean he is the cure to all that ails the pen. (Doesn't mean that he isn't either.) With LeCure 3 years is certainly enough to show he is a good reliever and his stumbles are just that a stumble. I remember around this time last year Chapman had an awful week with multiple blown saves inc a loss to the Twins via a Willingham homer.

Some relievers will have bad years for some reason. Doesn't mean they should continue in a trusted role for the whole year nor that they shouldn't have a shot at redemption the next. Sometimes it is just a bad week.

And yourself? What do you think is enough of a sample to decide how to use a players?

Yup.

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying here.
    Well it's either bus boys, or Chapman or Cinigrani will be ruined by not working on his secondary pitches (though he might be doing that right now, what hell do we know)

All I know is that the Reds are doing damn well this year and still getting "whack a moled" by fans every time they decide to burp or fart

Turn Off Ads?