Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

LOL. In your face Pirates.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Bryce Harper 2 run walkoff shot!
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Harper HR in bottom of 9th.

Haaapaaaaah
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Bryce Harper with the shot heard 'round the Capitol. Yes.

Bryce Harper says, "No more of this"

And it was good.

8. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-25-2013)

Senor Votto

Thank you Harper

Pirates better be trading for some fresh bullpen arms. I don't think Grilli is going to be the only one with an injury.

I watched the 8th and the 9th. The Pirates just Do. Not. Give. Up.

But thanks, Harper & the Nats! Needed that.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Forget the Cards. Forget the Pirates. Just keep winning and let the chips fall. You aren't going to avoid another team having a great year a lot of times so I don't care really if Pitt and SL win....just handle their own business...win or at minimum split head to head and get into the playoffs. I don't really like the wildcard format but with so many teams it was created for just such situations..so really good teams just like this years NL Central don't get completely left out ala those Dodger-Reds teams in the 70s often did...win. Take care of their own business and don't sweat anyone else.
    You are right (if your standard is just reaching the playoffs) but the one-game format and a good LHP likely means the Reds' stay will be short-lived. It's important to avoid that situation IMO.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Cards leading Phils 3-0 in the third with men still on base.

Cards have really been unbelievable so far this year. Phils announcers are extremely impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Cards leading Phils 3-0 in the third with men still on base.

Cards have really been unbelievable so far this year. Phils announcers are extremely impressed.
    Good ... let them be unbelievable in the regular season and then choke in the playoffs. They've squeaked in a couple of times as the WC and wreaked havoc that way. Let's see what they do with the high expectations and without the underdog role.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Good ... let them be unbelievable in the regular season and then choke in the playoffs. They've squeaked in a couple of times as the WC and wreaked havoc that way. Let's see what they do with the high expectations and without the underdog role.
    I don't know...I'd rather have them crap out before the playoffs so we can have a chance to win the division. At this rate, the division title seems out of reach because a Cardinals slump is them going 5-5 out of 10.

I don't get how good they are...

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    I don't know...I'd rather have them crap out before the playoffs so we can have a chance to win the division. At this rate, the division title seems out of reach because a Cardinals slump is them going 5-5 out of 10.

I don't get how good they are...
    It's all of their young guys. Allen Craig and Matt Carpenter were really not expected to be as good as they are right now. Especially with Carpenter having to LEARN second base over the winter. Yadi and Beltran help bring the veteran flavor to their lineup, while their young pitchers + wainwright having been pitching better than anyone expected. I mean really after the season Wainwright had last year.... who really expected him to regain his Cy Young competitive form?

The young guys that have stabilized their Bullpen have been unbelievable. I mean seriously when they need a Double Play they throw in Siegrist and he gets them in 1-2 pitches.

They are obviously enjoying the spoils from their rich farm system.... on some nights their 1-9 are products from their farm system...... and they still win without the likes of Beltran and Holliday in their lineup. Woah indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Bryce Harper 2 run walkoff shot!
    So the Pirates pitched to Harper with the winning run on base and Lombardozzi in the on-deck circle?
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?