Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mez: Doin' Work

Mez: Doin' Work

I don't know that I've seen a better game from Mez than I saw last night against the Brewers.

The play on the pop foul bunt was critical (and great hustle!), as was nailing the runner trying to steal...perfect throw, great footwork!

He just looks like he's having fun playing the game....and playing it well.

2. Likes:

bigredmechanism (08-16-2013),Brutus (08-16-2013),Chip R (08-16-2013),Cooper (08-16-2013),dubc47834 (08-16-2013),Edd Roush (08-16-2013),HeatherC1212 (08-16-2013),Larkin Fan (08-16-2013),marcshoe (08-16-2013),Number_Fourteen (08-16-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-16-2013),powersackers (08-16-2013),Redeyecat (08-16-2013),RedlegJake (08-16-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Mez: Doin' Work

The downside to Mesoraco's development likely means than the REDS will cut bait with Bailey at some point.

Homer would rather have Mark Berry catching him than Devin.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    The downside to Mesoraco's development likely means than the REDS will cut bait with Bailey at some point.

Even if that's true, Mes will need regular days off going forward even as he becomes the #1 catcher. If that is on days Bailey pitches, no big deal.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Even if that's true, Mes will need regular days off going forward even as he becomes the #1 catcher. If that is on days Bailey pitches, no big deal.
    Hanigan is under control through 2014 and could be a FA in 2015 (Bailey also)

Just putting all this out there, since the prevailing opinion seems to be that signing Homer to a LTC is a high-probability option.
    I honestly don't think it is and its more from Homer's side than the REDS.

If Homer stays healthy through 2014, he's going to be getting a huge FA contract. The fact he doesn't like the park or the starting catcher isn't going to help the REDS case.

But anyway, great to see Mez doing well. I think he can improve with the bat also, if they give him enough reps and keep him out of the 8 spot.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I really don't see that as an issue. Plenty of pitchers had personal catchers in recent memory allowing the starters to get regular time off. Steve Carlton, if memory serves. Maddux too.

This team is a better team with Mes in the lineup. He is really starting to handle the pitching staff well and his defense has improved greatly.

9. Likes:

Crumbley (08-16-2013),reds44 (08-16-2013),smixsell (08-16-2013),Stingray (08-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    I don't know that I've seen a better game from Mez than I saw last night against the Brewers.

The play on the pop foul bunt was critical (and great hustle!), as was nailing the runner trying to steal...perfect throw, great footwork!

He just looks like he's having fun playing the game....and playing it well.
    You forgot to mention him trucking Juan Francisco enroute to scoring the tying run.

My favorite play was when he tackled FrancisKo.

12. Likes:

Always Red (08-16-2013),Chip R (08-16-2013),Edd Roush (08-16-2013),marcshoe (08-16-2013),powersackers (08-16-2013),reds44 (08-16-2013),Tom Servo (08-16-2013)

My favorite part of that play was when he patted Juan on the side, probably asking him if he was OK, then he was being yelled at that he could get to 2nd. Mes is starting to blossom.

I agree. Awesome game by Mes last night.
    It was neat to see him nail that Brewer trying to steal 2nd by a mile.
    I was pleasantly surprised. You just don't see that from Mez. It was great to see him so fired up after that throw. The guy has obviously been working hard and it has paid off.
    In fact, maybe the Reds and Dusty have handled him well? (Just joking, no one take offense please)
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    You forgot to mention him trucking Juan Francisco enroute to scoring the tying run.
    So true! That was a perfect insult to Francisco's 3 whiff night...

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post

I must have missed it. How do we know Homer doesn't like Mes?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

17. Likes:

Hubba (08-16-2013),redsmetz (08-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    So true! That was a perfect insult to Francisco's 3 whiff night...

Funny quote from Mes about that play. This was taken from the game recap in Yahoo sports.

Mesoraco landed on top of Francisco as the ball scooted away.
    ''He was a good cushion,'' Mesoraco said.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

19. Likes:

Chip R (08-16-2013),Edd Roush (08-16-2013),HeatherC1212 (08-16-2013),LexRedsFan (08-16-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-16-2013),Tom Servo (08-16-2013)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Initially I wasn't a big fan of Mez, but he is starting to grow on me. I'm glad I'm inserting my foot in mouth on this one...LOL

21. Likes:

redsmetz (08-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I must have missed it. How do we know Homer doesn't like Mes?
    What the Freak said?
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

Turn Off Ads?