Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Miami pitcher throwing batting practice now ---

5-1 Pitt in 3rd and still hitting
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    You are 110% right. This is a new regime over there but I've got decades of not liking them so don't expect me to be rational all the time when it comes to them.
    Hating the Cardinals is 100% rational. Cardinal hatred is reason itself.

4. Likes:

DocRed (07-27-2013),Red Raindog (07-27-2013)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Miami counters with 3 --- Pirates with 2 errors already

5 - 4 Pitt after 3

Miami pitcher will not last long - 74 pitches

Morton with 55
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    You are 110% right. This is a new regime over there but I've got decades of not liking them so don't expect me to be rational all the time when it comes to them.
    I think it's completely rational to root against them and want them to fall flat on their face....... It's a great rivalry. I just like giving credit where credit is due. That's all .

Matheny has done a lot to address their public image in particular the ridiculous complaints that LaRussa lobbed everywhere... It had to be embarrassing for their players or fans.

But please continue to Hate them up. They earned it!

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    I think it's completely rational to root against them and want them to fall flat on their face....... It's a great rivalry. I just like giving credit where credit is due. That's all .

Matheny has done a lot to address their public image in particular the ridiculous complaints that LaRussa lobbed everywhere... It had to be embarrassing for their players or fans.

But please continue to Hate them up. They earned it!
    I have some family history with the Cards because my mom lived near the old ballpark when I was really little. She was a huge baseball fan and attended a lot of Cards games that summer (55 or 56) before she and dad moved back to Cincy. After that the Cards were kind of a 2nd favorite. That was the days of Musial and Schoendinst followed by Gibby and Flood and Brock. Add that there was a long history of inter-team trades, owners that were involved in some way in both cities or outside business going back to Chris Van der Ahe and Garry Herrman and both being midwest river cities with a lot of similarities. So, I grew up with no animosity toward the Cards at all, in my household that was all directed at the Cubs and the Dodgers in particular. La Russa changed all that. TLR was the reason I hated the Cards. He was a successful manager, yes, but his methods were whining, complaining about opponents to rouse his players and fans and acting the jerk generally. The team took on his characteristics. Matheny has changed some of that but I still loathe them. I always will, now and it has little to do with a rivalry. Let the Pirates beat them and I'll rejoice with Bucs fans. I even root for the Cubs when the two play. Maybe when Molina, Carpenter and other TLR "infected" players are gone my hate will cool. Maybe not.

8. Likes:

Bob Borkowski (07-28-2013)

Pretty bitter Jake. But it's your prerogative. You may be in for a treat tonite as they are primed and ready to get swept like dogs. Braves pitching is just ridiculous!

Pirates lose 3-2 to Marlins.

Pirates lose (the game and the series) to the Marlins, now they play the Cards 5 games in 4 days.

13. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (07-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Is that banned substance?

Losing Soriano has yielded the Cubs an instant boost. Swept the Giants for the 1st time in an eon.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Losing Soriano has yielded the Cubs an instant boost. Swept the Giants for the 1st time in an eon.
    Everybody beats the Giants these days. They should be shopping Lincecum.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

"So Fla Red"

The Giants are really terrible. That's the biggest negative surprise of the year and I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    The Giants are really terrible. That's the biggest negative surprise of the year and I'm not complaining.
    Lincecum, Zito and Pence come of the books. That's $55 Million in Salary freed-up. They should be shopping all three. Only Pence may be worth a qualifying offer IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

"So Fla Red"

Would the Giants go after Choo in the offseason? They will be throwing around some cash. Especially with the Dodgers now the NL version of the Yankees.

Turn Off Ads?