Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Now 4-2 Cubbies, 2 on, 1 out, Cards in the 9th.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cubs win 4-2 when the ump finally make a call against them.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Game ends as Freese hits into his 3rd DP of the game. Robinson was called for interference trying to break up the DP. He slid wildly towards the 2Bman, even kicking up at him, and was no where close to the bag.

Typical Cardinal play.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Game ends as Freese hits into his 3rd DP of the game. Robinson was called for interference trying to break up the DP. He slid wildly towards the 2Bman, even kicking up at him, and was no where close to the bag.

Typical Cardinal play.
    lol

That was extremely tame.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    The Padres have won 7 straight to get themselves into the mix of things in the tight NL West race.
    Around here we were already assuming they would be sellers at the deadline and thought of them as possible trading partners.
    And you can add the Blue Jays as another team that may hang on to their players. They won again tonight (7 straight wins) and now are only 8.5 behind Boston and only 2 games under .500

Ddogers are playing the Yankees a doubleheader in NYC today. It's just started in fact. After they finish the 2nd game late tonight they will fly to San Diego and play out on the west coast tomorrow evening. Three games and two coasts in about 40 hours. That will be a rough bunch of Dodgers after that game tomorrow.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

In 2016, LAA will owe Pujols, Hamilton, Weaver, and Wilson a combined $95M (and Aybar another 8.5). That alone would make them the 15th highest payroll in MLB today. This is not even counting the inevitable monster extension Trout will have signed by then. Discuss!
    How bad will the Angels be in a few years? For their sakes, they will need to churn out a lot of talent via the farm.

Pujols 36
    CJ Wilson 36
    Hamilton 35
    Aybar 32

Top Ten prospects according to BA
    1. Kaleb Cowart, 3b
    2. Nick Maronde, lhp
    3. C.J. Cron, 1b
    4. Mike Clevinger, rhp
    5. Austin Wood, rhp
    6. Randal Grichuk, of
    7. Taylor Lindsey, 2b
    8. R.J. Alvarez, rhp
    9. Mark Sappington, rhp
    10. Alex Yarbrough, 2b

Crush Davis just hit HRs number 25 and 26 on the season . Late blooming prospect and still only 26.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I love how great the Orioles have been doing so far this year. I think they're motivated from last year's success and anxious to prove last year was no fluke. BTW-There are four O's players in line to start for the AL in the All Star Game (Hardy, Markakis, Jones, and Davis) and two more could seriously end up being AL reserves (Machado, Weiters). Pretty cool!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I love how great the Orioles have been doing so far this year. I think they're motivated from last year's success and anxious to prove last year was no fluke. BTW-There are four O's players in line to start for the AL in the All Star Game (Hardy, Markakis, Jones, and Davis) and two more could seriously end up being AL reserves (Machado, Weiters). Pretty cool!
    Now all they need to do is fire Buck and they'll win the World Series the next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

If Machado isn't in this year, its criminal. I like Showalter. They will run into the juggernaut which is the Reds though, preventing their WS win. Our manager's toothpicks trumps the 60 HRs Davis will hit.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Crush Davis just hit HRs number 25 and 26 on the season . Late blooming prospect and still only 26.
    Davis is having an amazing year. I saw his HR total yesterday and couldn't believe it. He is the MVP of the AL to this point of the season, IMO.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    If Machado isn't in this year, its criminal. I like Showalter. They will run into the juggernaut which is the Reds though, preventing their WS win. Our manager's toothpicks trumps the 60 HRs Davis will hit.
    I agree about Manny Machado. I got him by random draw for fantasy baseball this year and have been extremely impressed with him this year. He was solid last year when he came up to the Orioles later in the season but he's been a machine this year and I also love watching him play defense at third base. Great player and he's still just a kid!

BTW-I like Buck too. He's totally changed the mentality and attitude in that Baltimore clubhouse and I hope he's with them for a while. His post game interviews are usually pretty hilarious which makes me like him even more.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Heather, are the O's expecting to get Chen back any time soon? Because I think if they can stabilize their rotation, that's maybe the best team in the AL.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Adam Dunn just spanked number 19.

Turn Off Ads?