Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

oh man. Padres would have tied up the game, but the ball goes for a ground ruled double.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

powersackers (07-21-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

unbelieveable. freakin cardinals.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

powersackers (07-21-2013)

How about that final out? Wow.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Exciting game for sure.

I went to see the Nats play Saturday night against the Dodgers. I don't think we need to worry about the Nats in the WC race. Their offense looks dead as a doornail. No pop whatsoever in their lineup. Harper still has a lot of holes in his swing. They really miss Morse too. They may regret that trade. LaRoche hasn't been the same as last year and Werth just isn't as good as his contract warrants. One random observation note; When you see these guys in person they are a lot bigger than the TV portrays them. Hanley Ramirez is big dude in person. A great player too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I went to see the Nats play Saturday night against the Dodgers. I don't think we need to worry about the Nats in the WC race. Their offense looks dead as a doornail. No pop whatsoever in their lineup. Harper still has a lot of holes in his swing. They really miss Morse too. They may regret that trade. LaRoche hasn't been the same as last year and Werth just isn't as good as his contract warrants. One random observation note; When you see these guys in person they are a lot bigger than the TV portrays them. Hanley Ramirez is big dude in person. A great player too.
    How about L.A.?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    How about L.A.?

They look good. Real good. I think they will take the west. They have back nearly everyone from the DL. Adding Nolasco really solidified that rotation. I could see them winning it all in fact.
    Some of the Dodger fans at the game were really annoying. One guy setting at the end of the row I was at kept hollering for Puig. He had this thing were he would go Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuig everytime he came to bat. Most of the Nats fans around me were really annoyed at him The guy setting next to me yelled back at him a few times. The Dodger guy finally moved on down later in game. It was much better watching the game after that.
    That also had to be one of the longest 1-1 games in history. The game started at 7:05 and after nine it was 10:40. Sheeesh. Also one of the hottest games I had ever attended. Had to be 95 degrees with 95% humidty. Basically like a sauna.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Kemp comes back, homers, and promptly sprains his ankle. Doh!

The Dodgers won't be a threat for the WC, they will win the West and the rest of the division will hover around .500. There may be the second place NL West team that makes a WC threat between Arizona and Colorado, but they've been floundering pretty much all season. Arizona is a surprise and Colorado doesn't have enough pitching, so that may even be a long shot.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I saw the Nats play a couple right before the all star game. They are all swinging for the fences and hit many to the warning track -- especially Harper.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I saw the Nats play a couple right before the all star game. They are all swinging for the fences and hit many to the warning track -- especially Harper.
    Jacoby must be moonlighting as the Nats hitting coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    That's a good way of putting it. Werth did hit one to the warnign track late in that game. Harper just looks all messed up. He tried to bunt his way on with two outs one inning.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Speaking of which, I see that the Nats fired their hitting coach today.

Good news: Washington losing again.
    Bad news: Pittsburgh winning again.

5-1 Bucs in the 7th. McCutchen en fuego. Two homers tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Good news: Washington losing again.
    Bad news: Pittsburgh winning again.

5-1 Bucs in the 7th. McCutchen en fuego. Two homers tonight.
    Pirates won 6-5, but Grilli suffered an injury during the game and will almost certainly miss playing time:

http://triblive.com/sports/pirates/b...#axzz2Zpt0ZmSd

God forgive me, I never want to see anybody go down and I always want the best competition. But...someone tell me again who's on the cover of SI?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?