Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 1029

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

  1. #391
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,413

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Would the Giants go after Choo in the offseason? They will be throwing around some cash. Especially with the Dodgers now the NL version of the Yankees.
    I could see it. Choo is likely to have a number of potential suitors. New York (NL), San Francisco, Seattle, are all possibilities, and I wouldn't even rule out some of the teams in our division (Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Chicago) kicking the tires on him.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #392
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,768

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Would the Giants go after Choo in the offseason? They will be throwing around some cash. Especially with the Dodgers now the NL version of the Yankees.
    I actually had that in my post about the money coming off the books, but I deleted it because I didn't want the scoreboard thread to turn into a "we have to sign Choo" thread. Looking at the FA list, Choo is arguably the best bat on the market. Beltran might be for one year and I'm assuming the Yankees keep Cano.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

    Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

  4. #393
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South of Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,145

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    Welp, the Cards are finally struggling a bit. I guess that's something.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

  5. #394
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    532

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Welp, the Cards are finally struggling a bit. I guess that's something.
    Unfortunately with both the Pirates and the Reds 5-5 over their last 10... it means neither of the 3 teams made any progress.

    If they all struggle and slump together it is pretty meaningless in the division race.

    On the other hand, looks like those Braves are starting to find the stride they set at the beginning of the season. Their pitching looked great. They don't want the post season to end on a wild card race or loss this year.

  6. #395
    It's showtime! RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    7,983

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Unfortunately with both the Pirates and the Reds 5-5 over their last 10... it means neither of the 3 teams made any progress.

    If they all struggle and slump together it is pretty meaningless in the division race.

    On the other hand, looks like those Braves are starting to find the stride they set at the beginning of the season. Their pitching looked great. They don't want the post season to end on a wild card race or loss this year.
    Braves and Dodgers are starting to get healthy and hit their strides at the right time. If Heyward and J-Up start hitting, ATL will be just fine. If Kemp comes back healthy to go with Hanley, A-Gon and Puig, the Dodgers will be ridiculous. Both teams have great pitching. Yeah, the dominance of the NL Central could be coming to a close right quick.

  7. #396
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,384

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    The Reds are 5-5 in their last 10 and those games were played in Atlanta, in San Francisco, and in LA.

    Am I the only one who is fine with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  8. Likes:

    mth123 (07-29-2013), SirFelixCat (07-29-2013)

  9. #397
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,871

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The Reds are 5-5 in their last 10 and those games were played in Atlanta, in San Francisco, and in LA.

    Am I the only one who is fine with that?
    I don't hate it.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  10. #398
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,413

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The Reds are 5-5 in their last 10 and those games were played in Atlanta, in San Francisco, and in LA.

    Am I the only one who is fine with that?
    Aren't you forgetting the series against Pittsburgh?
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  11. #399
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,508

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The Reds are 5-5 in their last 10 and those games were played in Atlanta, in San Francisco, and in LA.

    Am I the only one who is fine with that?
    They played the Braves before the break. They're 6-5 in their last 11. 2-1 vs Pirates, 3-1 @SF, 1-3@ LA.

  12. #400
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,384

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    That's right, I forgot Pitt. So in their last 15 they've played 12 road games, 3 home games, and 11 games against playoff teams and they're 8-7 in that stretch.

    I don't see the problem with how they're playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  13. Likes:

    SirFelixCat (07-29-2013)

  14. #401
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,508

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    I think the frustrating part is the division their in. In any other division they'd be in first with breathing room. This year, they're in third, and not moving.

    When they win, the Pirates and/or Cards win. When they lose, it seems one of the other two lose. Unfortunately the Pirates and Cards both lost on the same day this week twice, and so did the Reds...

    This is a big big week.

  15. #402
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,229

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I think the frustrating part is the division their in. In any other division they'd be in first with breathing room. This year, they're in third, and not moving.

    When they win, the Pirates and/or Cards win. When they lose, it seems one of the other two lose. Unfortunately the Pirates and Cards both lost on the same day this week twice, and so did the Reds...

    This is a big big week.
    Huge week. Reds need to win. If they go on a losing streak they could be in a world of hurt by this time next Monday.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  16. #403
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    3,217

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    That's right, I forgot Pitt. So in their last 15 they've played 12 road games, 3 home games, and 11 games against playoff teams and they're 8-7 in that stretch.

    I don't see the problem with how they're playing.
    The last three games in LA were very frustrating, I understand fans can be dramatic, but that last game especially was terrible. Cingrani goes up there and pitches a gem and the offense does absolutely nothing against Chris Freaking Capuano?

  17. #404
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    The Cardinals got swept, and the Pirates lost two of three to the Marlins, and the Reds didn't gain any ground. In fact, they lost a game on the Pirates. Frustrating. I've given up on winning the division now.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  18. #405
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,663

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The Cardinals got swept, and the Pirates lost two of three to the Marlins, and the Reds didn't gain any ground. In fact, they lost a game on the Pirates. Frustrating. I've given up on winning the division now.
    Well everyone is different eh? Because I haven't, but then again fatalism is a waste of time in a July pennant race

  19. Likes:

    SirFelixCat (07-29-2013), Tom Servo (07-29-2013)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25