Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Would the Giants go after Choo in the offseason? They will be throwing around some cash. Especially with the Dodgers now the NL version of the Yankees.
    I could see it. Choo is likely to have a number of potential suitors. New York (NL), San Francisco, Seattle, are all possibilities, and I wouldn't even rule out some of the teams in our division (Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Chicago) kicking the tires on him.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Would the Giants go after Choo in the offseason? They will be throwing around some cash. Especially with the Dodgers now the NL version of the Yankees.
    I actually had that in my post about the money coming off the books, but I deleted it because I didn't want the scoreboard thread to turn into a "we have to sign Choo" thread. Looking at the FA list, Choo is arguably the best bat on the market. Beltran might be for one year and I'm assuming the Yankees keep Cano.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Welp, the Cards are finally struggling a bit. I guess that's something.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Welp, the Cards are finally struggling a bit. I guess that's something.
    Unfortunately with both the Pirates and the Reds 5-5 over their last 10... it means neither of the 3 teams made any progress.

If they all struggle and slump together it is pretty meaningless in the division race.

On the other hand, looks like those Braves are starting to find the stride they set at the beginning of the season. Their pitching looked great. They don't want the post season to end on a wild card race or loss this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Unfortunately with both the Pirates and the Reds 5-5 over their last 10... it means neither of the 3 teams made any progress.

If they all struggle and slump together it is pretty meaningless in the division race.

On the other hand, looks like those Braves are starting to find the stride they set at the beginning of the season. Their pitching looked great. They don't want the post season to end on a wild card race or loss this year.
    Braves and Dodgers are starting to get healthy and hit their strides at the right time. If Heyward and J-Up start hitting, ATL will be just fine. If Kemp comes back healthy to go with Hanley, A-Gon and Puig, the Dodgers will be ridiculous. Both teams have great pitching. Yeah, the dominance of the NL Central could be coming to a close right quick.

The Reds are 5-5 in their last 10 and those games were played in Atlanta, in San Francisco, and in LA.

Am I the only one who is fine with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

8. Likes:

mth123 (07-29-2013),SirFelixCat (07-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The Reds are 5-5 in their last 10 and those games were played in Atlanta, in San Francisco, and in LA.

I don't hate it.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Aren't you forgetting the series against Pittsburgh?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

They played the Braves before the break. They're 6-5 in their last 11. 2-1 vs Pirates, 3-1 @SF, 1-3@ LA.

That's right, I forgot Pitt. So in their last 15 they've played 12 road games, 3 home games, and 11 games against playoff teams and they're 8-7 in that stretch.

I don't see the problem with how they're playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

13. Likes:

SirFelixCat (07-29-2013)

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I think the frustrating part is the division their in. In any other division they'd be in first with breathing room. This year, they're in third, and not moving.

When they win, the Pirates and/or Cards win. When they lose, it seems one of the other two lose. Unfortunately the Pirates and Cards both lost on the same day this week twice, and so did the Reds...

This is a big big week.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I think the frustrating part is the division their in. In any other division they'd be in first with breathing room. This year, they're in third, and not moving.

When they win, the Pirates and/or Cards win. When they lose, it seems one of the other two lose. Unfortunately the Pirates and Cards both lost on the same day this week twice, and so did the Reds...

This is a big big week.
    Huge week. Reds need to win. If they go on a losing streak they could be in a world of hurt by this time next Monday.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

That's right, I forgot Pitt. So in their last 15 they've played 12 road games, 3 home games, and 11 games against playoff teams and they're 8-7 in that stretch.

I don't see the problem with how they're playing.
    The last three games in LA were very frustrating, I understand fans can be dramatic, but that last game especially was terrible. Cingrani goes up there and pitches a gem and the offense does absolutely nothing against Chris Freaking Capuano?

The Cardinals got swept, and the Pirates lost two of three to the Marlins, and the Reds didn't gain any ground. In fact, they lost a game on the Pirates. Frustrating. I've given up on winning the division now.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The Cardinals got swept, and the Pirates lost two of three to the Marlins, and the Reds didn't gain any ground. In fact, they lost a game on the Pirates. Frustrating. I've given up on winning the division now.
    Well everyone is different eh? Because I haven't, but then again fatalism is a waste of time in a July pennant race

19. Likes:

SirFelixCat (07-29-2013),Tom Servo (07-29-2013)

Turn Off Ads?