Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski View Post
    The word from a Cardinals forum is that Molina will have MRI today and a DL stay is likely.
    I read that on Yahoo too. Molina is the one player the Cards can least afford to lose.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

we have really shot oursleves in the foot this past week...lots of room we could have made up, at least in that 1st wild card spot.....we need to get to 2nd place before we can take the division.....hopefully we can get it to within 2 games with that last 10 game stretch of the year....I know everyone will be happy to just make one of the wildcard spots but winning the central is huge, we need to win this div and give us some room for error..

I am sitting on pins and needles today wondering if these past 5 games have maybe pushed Walt a little further to sweeten the pot on a deal? I know a smart GM would not make a decision based on 5 games, but it could make him open up just a little bit more if he is involved already in a deal that just hasnt gotten done yet.....Walt always seems to surprise us when we least expect it....stay tuned all day to RZ...I know i will

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I read that on Yahoo too. Molina is the one player the Cards can least afford to lose.
    Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Cards are looking for a catcher. Doesn't sound like they have a lot of faith in Molina coming back this year.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Cards are looking for a catcher. Doesn't sound like they have a lot of faith in Molina coming back this year.
    No team goes with only ONE catcher. Yadi will be out for weeks. Descalso is the emergency catcher. I'm sure they would hate to resort to that.

I think this is the longest losing streak since they lost 8 strait in Sept. when they had a 10 game lead. Won the 2nd to last game to win the Central and went on to get swept by the Dodgers in that game where Holliday tried to catch one with his nutz.

Yesterday he was almost hit in the head by a ball he should have caught, and then he knocks one over the wall with his glove to blow the game! All this while striking out on balls in the dirt and GIDP's to pad his record in that category.

But it ain't just him. NOBODY, I mean nobody is hitting. Carpenter, Beltran, Craig and even Molina are looking lost up there. Of course, it could be that the Bucs pitchers are hot...red effin' hot! Waino won't pitch a shutout tonite, so they will most likely lose #6.

It looks like the Reds better start winning pretty soon or these Pirates will start believing in themselves and run away with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    No team goes with only ONE catcher. Yadi will be out for weeks. Descalso is the emergency catcher. I'm sure they would hate to resort to that.

I think this is the longest losing streak since they lost 8 strait in Sept. when they had a 10 game lead. Won the 2nd to last game to win the Central and went on to get swept by the Dodgers in that game where Holliday tried to catch one with his nutz.

Yesterday he was almost hit in the head by a ball he should have caught, and then he knocks one over the wall with his glove to blow the game! All this while striking out on balls in the dirt and GIDP's to pad his record in that category.

But it ain't just him. NOBODY, I mean nobody is hitting. Carpenter, Beltran, Craig and even Molina are looking lost up there. Of course, it could be that the Bucs pitchers are hot...red effin' hot! Waino won't pitch a shutout tonite, so they will most likely lose #6.

It looks like the Reds better start winning pretty soon or these Pirates will start believing in themselves and run away with it!
    You think the Cards are looking to make a trade for a catcher if they think Yadi is coming back in a couple of weeks?

You think the Cards are looking to make a trade for a catcher if they think Yadi is coming back in a couple of weeks?
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    from what i hear yes
    No way do they give up someone for what would basically be a two/three week rental.

I'd be hugely surprised if they don't build into this run and acquire a noteworthy OF bat today.

Washington down 5-1 against Detroit (Rock City!).

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Washington down 5-1 against Detroit (Rock City!).
    Gio Gonzalez gave up 10 runs while recording 10 outs.

The Nats are a train wreck.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Gio Gonzalez gave up 10 runs while recording 10 outs.

The Nats are a train wreck.
    Indeed. I think the only ones that are a bigger train wreck are last years World Series champs. They re-signed a bunch of their guys and they are reaaaaaaaalllly not doing so hot. Every year I find even less reason to pay attention to pre-season/spring training predictions.

Well now, I can't say for sure....Cruz is solid on D, but bats near Mendoza. If there was a catcher in Memphis that was better, poor Cruz would be out already. So, a trade IS possible.

Yadi's backups have been dumped every year (or crippled by cleats) so it is feasible to assume that Cruz's days are numbered as well next year. And who knows? Maybe they learned something about bringing guys back too soon...Carpenter, Garcia, Berkman come immediately to mind.

Amazingly, this Card rag tag lineup scores in the 1st....go figure.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Amazingly, this Card rag tag lineup scores in the 1st....go figure.
    twice even -- did some place a wager on this game?
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Pirates get 1 back in the bottom of the 1st --- don't look ready to fold yet.....
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Turn Off Ads?