Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Yankees scoring some late runs at Dodger Stadium, and it sounds like they're in the Bronx.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

of course Cincinnati has it's share of interesting looking people at the game, but I just had to grab a screengrab of the Pittsburgh overalls/hat guy.

O my brothers and only friends, wouldn't you know that earlier in the day he was spotted walking along the Allegheny with his droogs, looking for a bit of the old ultraviolence.

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

4. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-01-2013), TSJ55 (08-01-2013)

Good news is that I think the Pirates are peaking too early. Good for them. Playing well and beating a team we all hate.

Bad news is that their August schedule allows them to keep a lead and maybe grow some distance. I hope I'm underrating their schedule because they do go for 7 out west w/ SD and SF along with another 3 game series in STL.

GOod news again is that they have a brutal September schedule. They have a 9 game road trip agains the likes of Texas/STL and they play us 6 times. That's 12 games against 3 of the best teams in baseball.

Get ready for an exciting race fellas.

6. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-01-2013), mdccclxix (08-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Good news is that I think the Pirates are peaking too early. Good for them. Playing well and beating a team we all hate.

Bad news is that their August schedule allows them to keep a lead and maybe grow some distance. I hope I'm underrating their schedule because they do go for 7 out west w/ SD and SF along with another 3 game series in STL.

GOod news again is that they have a brutal September schedule. They have a 9 game road trip agains the likes of Texas/STL and they play us 6 times. That's 12 games against 3 of the best teams in baseball.

Get ready for an exciting race fellas.
    Some of the best news on trade deadline day is that the Pirates didn't add any fresh arms to their bullpen. I still think some of those guys with massive innings on their arms are going to struggle into August and September. 3 guys with 49+ innings, another with 45, and then Grilli on the DL with 40+.

8. Likes:

Farnsie (08-02-2013)

Here's Vin Scullys call of Mariano Rivera's save last night. Another classic call by Scully.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play?content_id=29329359
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Great segue from talking about Rivera's church work to the final out taking place that moment: "And he takes the life right out of the Dodgers with 2 strikeouts and a groundout..." Ha, nice one Vin.

AL Central is on a roll. Detroit (5), Cleveland (8) and KC (9) game winning streaks.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    AL Central is on a roll. Detroit (5), Cleveland (8) and KC (9) game winning streaks.
    Go KC!
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    ...and the ChiSox have LOST 7 in a row!

Arizona taking it on the chin. They trail Texas 5-zip.

ZCTRMTP
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-01-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

Cardinals up 5-0 on the Pirates, mid-6th.

Cardinals lead the Pirates 8-0. DBacks are losing 7-0 to the Rangers. The Reds will be 5.5 behind the Pirates, 4 behind the Cardinals, and 4.5 ahead of the Diamondbacks.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Cardinals lead the Pirates 8-0. DBacks are losing 7-0 to the Rangers. The Reds will be 5.5 behind the Pirates, 4 behind the Cardinals, and 4.5 ahead of the Diamondbacks.
    Our 5 game losing streak has cost us very little it seams.

Lost ground to the Pirates to be sure, but actually gained on the Cards, and our wild card lead is, more or less, the same.

Not a bad outcome from a brutal 11 games in 10 days road trip to the west coast.

Cardinals absolutely steamrolling the Pirates now. 11-0 in the top of the 7th and still only one out.

Every Cardinals starter has an RBI tonight except P Joe Kelly (but he has 2 hits.)

Carpenter and Kozma are the only starters to NOT have 2 hits yet Carpenter still has an RBI. LOL.

Turn Off Ads?