Turn Off Ads?
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869
Results 1,021 to 1,029 of 1029

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Do the Dodgers EVER lose anymore?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    It's more than that.....much more.
    i agree he has been bad in the post season. But youre right he has been so much more than that, he's been a .900 ops player for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Why are Cardinals fans so stupid about Matt Holliday?
    I don't think evolution has done a particularly good job of selecting stupidity out of humans in general, it just never seems to be in short enough supply no matter what sample of population is being discussed or doing the discussing.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

5. Likes:

Hubba (08-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    i agree he has been bad in the post season. But youre right he has been so much more than that, he's been a .900 ops player for 4 years.
    Please don't give me those numbers....they are meaningless. He has been the biggest fail for the money he's making this side of Soriano. Like the post HGH Pujols, he feasts on bad pitching in games the Cards score a ton and everybody is hitting. But when the chips are down and they need a key hit, he pops up or GIDP. (which he leads baseball in)

He hit that walkoff the other night and was mobbed. It was a rare sight. His face looked flummoxed. Not used to it at all. I bet if you check, you will find that the much less used Descalso has more game winning hits than Matt. (from the time DD started playing)

Enough of that....I don't have any idea what the Pirates will do today, but I'm pretty sure that the Cards and Reds will not lose again to these bottom feeders.

Please don't give me those numbers....they are meaningless. He has been the biggest fail for the money he's making this side of Soriano. Like the post HGH Pujols, he feasts on bad pitching in games the Cards score a ton and everybody is hitting. But when the chips are down and they need a key hit, he pops up or GIDP. (which he leads baseball in)

He hit that walkoff the other night and was mobbed. It was a rare sight. His face looked flummoxed. Not used to it at all. I bet if you check, you will find that the much less used Descalso has more game winning hits than Matt. (from the time DD started playing)

Enough of that....I don't have any idea what the Pirates will do today, but I'm pretty sure that the Cards and Reds will not lose again to these bottom feeders.
    You're a Cards fan, right?

You should probably throw in a caveat somewhere that says "except when playing the Reds".

That bald roid head absolutely owns them. He hits doubles in the gap in what seems like every at bat. He is a big reason for the Cards dominance over the Reds since he got there.

He and the evil, creepy, neck tattooed catcher absolutely own them.

Throw Fat Adams into the mix as well.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

8. Likes:

Hubba (08-17-2013)

I have a theory that Cards' hitters either steal signs or pick up on some kind of tell or method in Reds' pitching. They never ever look frustrated or challenged by Reds' pitching. When the Reds win, it's usually fielding and the randomness of fly balls not leaving he park that save them. It's never that Reds pitchers shut them down. Other teams' pitchers can clearly frustrate them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I have a theory that Cards' hitters either steal signs or pick up on some kind of tell or method in Reds' pitching. They never ever look frustrated or challenged by Reds' pitching. When the Reds win, it's usually fielding and the randomness of fly balls not leaving he park that save them. It's never that Reds pitchers shut them down. Other teams' pitchers can clearly frustrate them though.
    I think part of it is mental (the Cards sure get into their heads), but I have to say I thought the same thing as you during the last series. The Cards looked like two completely different teams between their previous series with the Pirates and the hit-tastic team that faced the Reds.

Then you look at them yesterday when the Cubs kept them down to 2 hits. Something's weird there.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Holy cow. I can't believe no one has brought that up before.

They certainly do hit like they know what's coming. It's more than likely the product of superior advanced scouting.

They are like the NSA, or Stazi.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Salukifan2

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...70fcf12bb.html

Matt Holliday has been pretty damn good for the cardinals in "clutch" situations.

Maybe if people weren't expecting him to be the next AP they wouldn't be so disappointed

Turn Off Ads?