Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Pete Kozma has the 3rd most hits by a rookie this year?

This crap just does not end.

Holland looks like he has nothing.
    2nd most hits. He also has the most plate appearances and a bad walk rate giving him more chances to get hits than most others. I think its a stretch to say that the Cardinals are so lucky to have a .620 OPS SS.

2. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (06-22-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    2nd most hits. He also has the most plate appearances and a bad walk rate giving him more chances to get hits than most others. I think its a stretch to say that the Cardinals are so lucky to have a .620 OPS SS.
    Well when you put it that way.

Well when you put it that way.
    Yeah, we're probably lucky that he himself became anything, but I'm sure we could find a scrap heap SS that could replicate his production.

The Cards lose as Beltran hits a gapper, but the Rangers odd positioning paid off as Murphy gets to it. Also for anyone that has to ever hear the Rangers announcers regularly, I'm sorry. They were unbearable tonight and that is saying something when I think they are worse than the Cards guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    Yeah, we're probably lucky that he himself became anything, but I'm sure we could find a scrap heap SS that could replicate his production.

The Cards lose as Beltran hits a gapper, but the Rangers odd positioning paid off as Murphy gets to it. Also for anyone that has to ever hear the Rangers announcers regularly, I'm sorry. They were unbearable tonight and that is saying something when I think they are worse than the Cards guys.
    SS production seems to be back to the 70's and early 80's days..... so at least he is hidden deep in the lineup. His defense looks better though...from about half of the games I have seen him in.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

SS production seems to be back to the 70's and early 80's days..... so at least he is hidden deep in the lineup. His defense looks better though...from about half of the games I have seen him in.
    Kozma's range is pretty bad based on what I see. He never gets to a ball hit up the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Kozma's range is pretty bad based on what I see. He never gets to a ball hit up the middle.
    True...his range is not great. He is just better at handling what does come his way. Makes the plays he gets to.

Blue Jays 7
    Orioles 6

Toronto has won 10 in a row and are now back over .500
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

Ironman92 (06-22-2013)

AL East fans need a time traveler from the future to tell them who they're supposed to root for or against whenever any combination of the other teams in the division play each other.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Fish and Giants going into extras, tied at 1-1.

K-Rod picks up save #300 in a 2-0 Milwaukee win over Atlanta.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    K-Rod picks up save #300 in a 2-0 Milwaukee win over Atlanta.
    Seems like just yesterday his team was rallying from a 5 run deficit with about 10 outs left to steal the WS from the Giants.

No matter how bad the Reds bullpen seems, at least they are not the Phillies bullpen. They had a 7-1 lead, gave up 4 to make it a 7-5 game, and now in the 9th their $50 million closer Papelbon just blew his 3rd of out his last 4 saves to make it a 7-7 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    No matter how bad the Reds bullpen seems, at least they are not the Phillies bullpen. They had a 7-1 lead, gave up 4 to make it a 7-5 game, and now in the 9th their $50 million closer Papelbon just blew his 3rd of out his last 4 saves to make it a 7-7 game.
    Yeah....but Papelbon is fit.

Pirates could be 1.5 behind the Cards, with Bucs leading the Angels 5-1 tonight. Now 6-1.

Reds 3.5 behind Cards.

The Reds' worst nightmare is to find themselves 6 or 7 games behind Cards/Pirates who are battling for the division lead. Not there yet, but the Reds have to keep up with these teams or they will be entirely focused on getting into a one-game wild card matchup.

It's one thing to try and catch one team. It's another when multiple teams are ahead of you.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-23-2013 at 12:29 AM.

19. Likes:

WVRedsFan (06-23-2013)

Turn Off Ads?