Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Would you trade Bailey?

Re: Would you trade Bailey?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Hasn't GABP played out to be an average run scoring park (or something close to that) for the most part? I know it gives up a ton of HRs, but I don't think it's THAT hitter friendly when it comes to runs.
    I was under a similar impression. I also seem to remember that GABP inflates HR totals but suppresses other extra base hits -- which limits its totals more than some other small parks.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I was under a similar impression. I also seem to remember that GABP inflates HR totals but suppresses other extra base hits -- which limits its totals more than some other small parks.
    This is correct. Inflates home runs, deflates other types of hits. But, home runs score every time. Other hits don't always do that. Pitchers remember the cheap home runs. They don't always remember the cheap double given up.

4. Likes:

RedEye (06-19-2013),reds44 (06-19-2013)

That's one of the reasons why Coors was impossible to pitch in pre humidor. Ball carried like no other and the OFers were/are huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    So does no one think playing in GABP inflates RS? (I NEVER see it mentioned here when this comes up) Hasn't it always been a valid argument for Colorado?

Weren't the Reds in the top 5 in RS the last two trips to the postseason? Was it their pitching that lost the SF series last season?

But no, I don't think you trade Bailey unless you're out of it in Aug/Sept or can't afford him in the off-season. Outside of Cingrani there is literally no pitching depth at the upper levels here, none.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor/_/year/2012

Great point about the ballpark. You're right that GABP will inflate the numbers to an extent. The opposite is true for pitching then. Our pitching staff are even better than their numbers right now.

Corcino is in AAA. He's having a rough year but his past stats still have him projected to be a solid starter. Greg Reynolds is also putting up good numbers in AAA and wondering if anyone know anything about him. Plus Chapman can always be shifted to the rotation if desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Outside of Cingrani there is literally no pitching depth at the upper levels here, none.
    There is also no ML-ready SS behind Cozart (who is of debatable quality anyway) and no high-quality LF replacement for Ludwick (see umpteen other threads on this board). A Profar or a Stanton could go a long way toward filling those other holes on the roster for the foreseeable future. I don't want to trade Bailey for just anything, but if this sort of opportunity presents itself, I think the Reds have to seriously consider pulling the trigger -- even right now.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

People can debate whether you would trade Bailey for Stanton all they want, but the fact of the matter is, Stanton has way more trade value that Bailey.

And Miami would have zero interest in Bailey anyway.

Years of control are important atributes of valuing players worth.

Stanton will be a Yankee

Yep you just read that here

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Stanton will be a Yankee

Yep you just read that here
    Not happening.

First, the Yankees mission statement is to get under the luxury tax threshold, has been for 2 years.

Second, as has been mentioned here, the Marlins are going to want young, cost controlled high end prospects, and the Yankees don't have 'em.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofStLouis View Post
    Not happening.

First, the Yankees mission statement is to get under the luxury tax threshold, has been for 2 years.

Second, as has been mentioned here, the Marlins are going to want young, cost controlled high end prospects, and the Yankees don't have 'em.
    Don't worry - by this time next year the Yankees will randomly have multiple elite prospects according to the media and they will then be traded for a player like Stanton then completely fail.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

As for pitching depth for the Reds.

I've read that Sharky Rogers is a groundball pitcher that projects as a #4 or #5 in the majors. Why hasn't he been moved to Louisville yet?

Reds can't pay all of these guys.

If Leake continues to look like Greg Maddux (just kidding), and progresses to like a #3 or #4..........Arroyo walks in free agency..........Cingrani takes Arroyo's spot. If you knew if Rogers could handle major league pitching, you could trade one of the other 3 for other needs.

Cueto
    Latos
    Bailey
    Leake
    Cingrani

or
    Cueto
    Latos
    Leake
    Cingrani
    Rogers

.......eventually Stephenson in that mix too, we hope.

I just don't think the Reds will be able to get enough in return for Bailey at this point. A team would get 1.5 seasons of his use before free agency if traded now or 1 season if traded this offseason. I don't see it happening.

Frankly, part of me wishes the Reds could re-sign Arroyo for like $8M for another season. Dude is underrated big time.

If Homer Bailey = Raisor's mom, then Jurickson Profar = ?

That's the question that has yet to be answered.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    If Homer Bailey = Raisor's mom, then Jurickson Profar = ?

That's the question that has yet to be answered.
    Raisor's wife

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Raisor's wife
    Of course. Silly me.

Turn Off Ads?