Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Bailey?

Re: Would you trade Bailey?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Didn't he have -.8 dwar in 2012?
    His UZR/150 each year has been: 13.6, 2.8, 11.6 and then this year, -29.2. Of course we know that this year he tried playing hurt and it didn't work out for him on either side of the ball. Dude, when healthy, is a very good defender.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I'd trade my mom for the right return.

No such thing as an untouchable.
    I don't want to trade for your mom. Now, your wife on the other hand.......
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    It's hard to say from the report if Homer was just joking or not.
    I think some posters overreacted to that statement.
    REDREAD: I have never commented on it before, but I watched the comment live and then rewound the DVR and rewatched it a few times. Unless it was a very gauche comment relating to an inside joke, I just can't see an alternate interpretation.

Homer's personality had been described as arrogant and immature... IF those are correct than the "little league ballpark" comment would coincide perfectly with Bailey believing that his road ERA last year defined him and his home ERA was the ballpark's fault.

Was Bailey arrogant and immature? I think there is enough anecdotal info to support that conclusion. That said, I am holding out hope that performance in the playoffs in Cincy was enough to boost his confidence enough to overcome the arrogance. He is still young and maturing, but maybe after last year he has come of age and all this is OBE... I certainly hope so.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (06-18-2013)

I'd trade Bailey for Stanton... If the Marlins kicked in Nolasco.

You know, to even things up a bit.
    Suck it up cupcake.

7. Likes:

mth123 (06-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Make an offer
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    First, I am in the camp that you never trade young proven SP unless its an offer that is a landslide in your direction.

Second, I think that Joseph is correct that Bailey has not publicly expressed a desire to leave the Reds, but I also think that his comments about GABP go way beyond "It's tough." In his interview after the no-hitter, when asked the reason for his success, his initial answer (caught live) was "Not pitching in a little-league ballpark... wait, I can't say that." Reports are that Bailey loves Baker (and Price), so I try to stay optimistic about resigning Bailey... but since Baker's current contract ends at the same time as the Reds control over Bailey... if I was in Vegas, I would put my money that Bailey is not a Red in two years.

Third, Walt seldom seems to go after the obvious player unless its a bit part... In the poll last season/off season when we were debating over who would be the Reds CF this year, was Choo even an option? Latos was certainly not much more than a blip on the radar. How many of you saw the Marshall or Broxton trades in advance?

Fourth, I sincerely believe that whatever team that is able to work a trade for Stanton will have to seriously overpay unless the Florida ownership changes. The current guy has so alienated the populace that there is no way he trades the favorite player unless its a landslide trade in his favor.

Fifth and finally.... Walt made the choice of Cozart over Didi... Now he is gonna ride that horse.
    Whether he implied he'd rather not pitch at GABP, I don't know. I just know I am still not sold on Bailey. Yes, he has had a few great games, and some excellent games, but has also had some poor games. I know everyone has poor games at times, but Bailey still seems to fall apart mentally when things don't go well (similar to Latos). I wouldn't trade Bailey for just anyone, but with a good chance of losing him after next year, I would kick the tires on a trade for the right player or players. I am convinced our offense needs a kick, and if we could land someone to put in the #4 hole, we would be hard to beat. If you want someone decent, you have to give up someone decent.
    I would hang on to Cingrani because he is a lefthander. I think the pickings for trades are going to be slim this summer. I only suggested Stanton because he is young, and he doesn't want to be in Miami. Other players have been mentioned here, such as Willingham with Minn, but he is having a poor year. How else will you get a decent bat?

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    WOW...he went there...lol!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

No. I don't trade Homer. Unless I've got assurances that he's NOT resigning here.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Why do people think Bailey would be close to value in Stanton?

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    WOW...he went there...lol!
    It's not like he hasn't been there before
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    Why do people think Bailey would be close to value in Stanton?
    No idea. They aren't really in the same universe IMO.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

I would trade anyone if the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    I would trade anyone if the price is right.
    Stop trying to be me

For those that want to trade Bailey, who takes his spot in the rotation? And if you answer Cingrani, who pitches during the next DL stint or if Cingrani is ineffective?

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    For those that want to trade Bailey, who takes his spot in the rotation? And if you answer Cingrani, who pitches during the next DL stint or if Cingrani is ineffective?
    Cingrani, LeCure. Quite honestly though, that's a bridge I cross after installing Stanton in LF or Profar at SS.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Turn Off Ads?