Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Horrible Song

Horrible Song

What is that horrible song that they play 50 times a game. I've seen others reference a Gary Glitter song. Never heard of him and the ten seconds I hear of that wretched tune makes me wanna hit the mute button. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Horrible Song

Not sure what you're referring to and I've been to nearly 10 games this year.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

It is a Gary Glitter song and I agree its terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8RCFqwv8wg
    Last edited by bigredmechanism; 04-20-2013 at 09:09 PM.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

I was at the game today and said the exact same thing to my friends - it's horrible. Just painful to listen to 20 times/game. And they've been playing it for years. Aren't there any other options?

The "Make some noise, make noise" is equally as bad.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I don't understand why his songs are so frequently used at sports games. He's a pedophile, and it's kind of weird.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

Worth The Wait

The fact that Gary Glitter is a conicted pedophile only makes it worse...

The Howl, The Wave, the Gary Glitter Song, the Make Some Noise thing, modern songs, man people really can't stand anything that happens outside of baseball at GABP can they?
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

9. Likes:

Cursh14 (04-21-2013),Red Buckeye (04-20-2013),TeamBoone (04-22-2013)

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    The Howl, The Wave, the Gary Glitter Song, the Make Some Noise thing, modern songs, man people really can't stand anything that happens outside of baseball at GABP can they?
    They play baseball there? Well, that won't do!
    Witty signature.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I'm pretty sure it's the "I've got the 50 Votto Threads Blues".....

I despise this song, and cringe every time they play it in between pitches. Whoever is in charge of the music and sound effects needs to change it up.

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

As a diehard UD Flyers fan (and season ticket holder), I am used to these discussions about how crappy the arena music/entertainment is. Such is life when talking about the actual games tends to be painful. And when the free pizza/chicken nugget giveaways during time-outs get more of a fan response than any of the pre-game festivities.

[Also: Dayton Dragons games, where the between inning entertainment makes me feel very annoyed and stabby. But nobody cares who wins minor league games, and only 10% of the people there really care about baseball; so you have to let the families and other tourists have their fun, I guess.]

But the Reds are the NL Central defending champs, and favored to win again this year. So what gives? Why is THIS what passes for discourse, people? We have a baseball team worth talking about, dammit!

I know we live in the day and age of iPods and one-to-one marketing and other things that make you feel like you're so very very special and never have to put up with anything that isn't exactly what you like.... but guess what? Not so much. If I were Galactic Emperor of Taste, trust me, there would be many changes. But I'm not. Neither are you. Simmer down.

That said, the sooner anybody stops putting money in Gary Glitter's pockets, the better. I admit that's something that's always bugged me. And it has nothing to do with the art; it has entirely to do with the artist....

Rick

If there's any action we can take to ban this song from GABP, count me in. Picket the stadium, raise money to pay off the sound guy...anything. The whole sound situation is just befuddling to me. Do they think we're not gonna notice they've been playing the same three clips constantly for the last who knows how many years?

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    It is a Gary Glitter song and I agree its terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8RCFqwv8wg
    Had no idea - I thought Butler was talking about Rock and Roll.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

This song should replace Gary Glitter at all sporting events. Forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCP_L2spu7g
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Biggest gripe? The national anthem. No, I'm not being unpatriotic, but can someone find the tape of Marian Spelman singing it? IIRC, she was the taped voice during the BRM. The only time you heard a live version of the national anthem was opening day and during the post season. Now my ears bleed every time a singer tries to be Whitney...

BTW, I believe they're trying a "signature sing-a-long" song out this season... "Cincinnati, Ohio" by Connie Smith. Meh...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?