Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 6/17/13 Reds v. Pirates - Welcome to the bullpen, Mr. Cingrani

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: 6/17/13 Reds v. Pirates - Welcome to the bullpen, Mr. Cingrani

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Chow. I really hope your right. I guess I am over reacting. I've just been really disappointed in Sam lately, on and off the field.
    And I don't fault you for that. He's made questionable social media decisions and got shelled a couple times. But writing him off as ineffective comes off as reactionary.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Merry Game 1 Win to all.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by IABucFan View Post
    I am. I'm trying to honestly think if we've gotten into any beanball wars with other teams. I can't think if any. There was almost one with St. Louis, where they hit Marte twice and Cutch once, but I don't remember dinging any of their guys.

I live in Iowa, and I didn't purchase MLB.tv until last week, so I honestly haven't watched a lot of games until the last week or so. I can't really say how many, if any, of those 37 HBPs were intentional.
    No worries, good to have you on the board. Good thing you are a Bucs fan in Iowa, isn't Iowa blocked out from 27 major league teams on MLB.TV (actually it is 6).

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I have won over 150 Nobel Prize awards. Eight of them are for nicknames. I'm also the most beloved poster in the history of this board.

On multiple occasions, just to see if I can, I have led the entire board to post in the third person.

I have unlimited patience and aside from my job, wife, and cat (who is more popular than you) I have no life and have made this my mission.

To wit: Rocco.
    Here's my Rocco.....and his hat is appropriate from me to you

Attachment 6541

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    But writing him off as ineffective comes off as reactionary.
    I've been called a left wing commie pinko a few times on the internet, but never a reactionary. Well, except for that one time on FireDogLake.....

7. Likes:

WildcatFan (06-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I know there's a long way to go, but assuming Marshall and Broxton are out for awhile, this team had no chance of catching St louis without putting Cingrani in the pen.
    There was an article in the Enquirer (it may have been Fay's blog) that quoted Marshall as saying he believes he is less than three weeks away. Dusty was also quoted in that article as stating he believes Broxton will be ready when his time on the DL is done. Take that for whatever you think it might be worth. Masset was just experiencing a little shoulder soreness and has missed a year and a half so far.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    There was an article in the Enquirer (it may have been Fay's blog) that quoted Marshall as saying he believes he is less than three weeks away. Dusty was also quoted in that article as stating he believes Broxton will be ready when his time on the DL is done. Take that for whatever you think it might be worth. Masset was just experiencing a little shoulder soreness and has missed a year and a half so far.
    hey my friend, I hope you are well. I miss your insights. This is good information to know. I hear Ryan Madsen is only a few years away from being ready.

Well, the Cubs and the ump just gift-wrapped a run for the Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If Cingrani can keep this up, and he's answered every call so far, he allows us to be patient and conservative with getting Marshall and Broxton to return.

Quote Originally Posted by IABucFan View Post
    All I'm staying is, intentional or not, that's twice he's put a 100 mph fastball up at a guy's face, and it just so happens to be two of our top players. He did the same thing to Nick Swisher. I don't know if he's doing it on purpose or not. Frankly, I don't care. The fact is that he's doing it. And it's becoming a pattern. The ball that hit Alex Cobb the other day was traveling at 104 mph, not all that different than a Chapman fastball. At that speed, at a guy's head, you're talking career threatening, possibly worse. There's no room for that in baseball; there's no excuse for it. I don't know if Chapman is head hunting or not. If he is, that's disgraceful. If he isn't, then he needs to figure out how to control that pitch before he ends someone's career.
    Welcome to the board, Tony LaRussa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

13. Likes:

foxfire123 (06-18-2013),New York Red (06-17-2013),WVRedsFan (06-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Welcome to the board, Tony LaRussa!
    Haha, nice.

I have on many occasions told you, my Reds family, about marrying a Pittsburgh girl and the problems that has caused me (not with my lovely wife, but the in-laws). I think you're getting a taste this night. Dd to the fact that we get ROOTS Sports Pittsburgh here in addition to FSO. I couldn't resist turning over to the Pittsburgh station after the game and I heard the same thing over and over. Small ballpark, hitters ballpark, and cheap home runs. They roll out "expert" Kent Tukelve to tell us how the Pirates actually won and how Chapman is dangerous. Gawd, I hope so. Never mid that those Buccos played in the same place the Reds did and scored one run.

And yet,they have the force with them. They are pitching better than the Reds most days and hitting enough to win. With smoke and mirrors, but no matter, it's working so far. The Reds must take three out of four this series or my life will be Hell. Go Reds.
    Last edited by WVRedsFan; 06-17-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

16. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (06-18-2013),Tom Servo (06-18-2013)

I've been hard on Mike Leake last season and early this year, but I gotta give him credit, he's been nothing short of spectacular the last couple months.

Jay Bruce is killing the ball. A 436 foot opposite field home run tonight? Impressive!

18. Likes:

WVRedsFan (06-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I've been hard on Mike Leake last season and early this year, but I gotta give him credit, he's been nothing short of spectacular the last couple months.

Jay Bruce is killing the ball. A 436 foot opposite field home run tonight? Impressive!
    Usually, on the rare occasion that Bruce hits a ball opposite field, it's weakly hit. This was quite honestly the best, hardest-hit ball he's had in his career IMHO.

Doing that kind of thing is the only thing stopping him from being an MVP-caliber hitter. Well, that and making more contact.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I couldn't resist turning over to the Pittsburgh station after the game and I heard the same thing over and over. Small ballpark, hitters ballpark, and cheap home runs.
    That crap is seriously the worst, the Braves announcers pull it all the time too.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?