Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/17/13 Reds v. Pirates - Welcome to the bullpen, Mr. Cingrani

Re: 6/17/13 Reds v. Pirates - Welcome to the bullpen, Mr. Cingrani

Just another great effort by the surfer dude. But Cingrani is my star of the game. I am convinced that if They had left Sam in to finish the 8th, we would have lost.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Pirates announcers saying that Chapman has a reputation for throwing at people's heads.
    I wish he'd throw a wild one a the Pirates broadcast booth.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Rocco
    I call him Meso

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Down 3 in the 9th I'd think you'd welcome his wildness tonight.
    All I'm staying is, intentional or not, that's twice he's put a 100 mph fastball up at a guy's face, and it just so happens to be two of our top players. He did the same thing to Nick Swisher. I don't know if he's doing it on purpose or not. Frankly, I don't care. The fact is that he's doing it. And it's becoming a pattern. The ball that hit Alex Cobb the other day was traveling at 104 mph, not all that different than a Chapman fastball. At that speed, at a guy's head, you're talking career threatening, possibly worse. There's no room for that in baseball; there's no excuse for it. I don't know if Chapman is head hunting or not. If he is, that's disgraceful. If he isn't, then he needs to figure out how to control that pitch before he ends someone's career.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Even if Cingrani pitches three months of relief, he then can work out the whole winter to stretch out.

And he can work on it during spring training.

And the Reds can gradually extend his innings next season.

We can invent all kinds of possibilities.

Meanwhile, does Mesoraco ever catch the ball? One drop after the next.
    Absolutely. But I'm talking about this season. If you leave him in the pen til August and Cueto or somebody goes down, he may not have time to stretch out for some time. You've still got to win the games to get there.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    No, of course not. But give it three months, and he's not just going to transition right back into a starter role.
    Wainwright made the transition back to starter just fine.

"So Fla Red"

Chapman didn't have his command tonight that was obvious. Was it a message to Walker? Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    That "reputation" exists mainly in the Pirates' booth
    The Pirates remind me of the Pedro Martinez Red Sox. They could hit as many batters as they wanted, and it was "part of the game." Brush back one of their hitters, and it's WWIII. Whiners.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

10. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    100 MPH, in the glove before he swung. Game Over. Pete headed to Ruby's Steakhouse happy. Pete isn't missing many meals these days that's for sure. He's entering man-zier territory...
    I think you mean the Bro

Quote Originally Posted by IABucFan View Post
    All I'm staying is, intentional or not, that's twice he's put a 100 mph fastball up at a guy's face, and it just so happens to be two of our top players. He did the same thing to Nick Swisher. I don't know if he's doing it on purpose or not. Frankly, I don't care. The fact is that he's doing it. And it's becoming a pattern. The ball that hit Alex Cobb the other day was traveling at 104 mph, not all that different than a Chapman fastball. At that speed, at a guy's head, you're talking career threatening, possibly worse. There's no room for that in baseball; there's no excuse for it. I don't know if Chapman is head hunting or not. If he is, that's disgraceful. If he isn't, then he needs to figure out how to control that pitch before he ends someone's career.
    Honest question: Did Chapman look like he had a lot of control tonight?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Enjoy being dramatic much?

Get a grip. Chapman has always been a bit wild. It's normal for him.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Wainwright made the transition back to starter just fine.
    Yeah, I'm talking about this year. We're already seeing the value of having an ML-ready starter stashed in AAA as an insurance policy until he cracks the big rotation for good.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    That's a lot of work, but just by personal pitching record 18, if my quick math was correct. That wouldn't include losing leads to a tie score.
    Well if you wanted to go through June and July with Hoover, Para and LeCure setting up Chapman, you have more faith than I do. These guys just aren't good enough.

"So Fla Red"

Pete is an American original. No doubt about that. Fun having him behind the dish tonight.

Weenie Post of the Year.

Turn Off Ads?